International Simulation Football League
*Who is Cade York/LSUFAN101? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Who is Cade York/LSUFAN101? (/showthread.php?tid=29203)

*Who is Cade York/LSUFAN101? - LSUFAN101 - 01-16-2021

Who is Cade York/LSUFAN101?

Hi everyone I am LSUFAN101 but most people know me as Burrow. My player name is Cade York who is named after the current LSU kicker Cade York. I will be in this upcoming draft class and wanted to introduce myself and my player!

First off I wanted to introduce myself as a user. I am a diehard LSU/Louisiana sports fan, hence my username, and I love football! I think I have been a football fan about my entire life and I basically live around LSU football. I have been in simulation leagues since the start of Covid. I joined a league called the NSFA which CommishDrip(Drip Dad) was the commissioner for a bit. Sadly it ended due to poor management by the original owner but I won’t get into that. I was the coach of the year for the season it lasted and learned a lot about sim leagues. It was a lot of fun and when it ended it merged with the SCFSL(Super Casual Football league). At the time I was the CO GM of the Alaska Hammerheads but was fortunate enough to become the GM of the newly expanded Reyjkavik Bears. After GMing there for two seasons,  I decided to step down and as the Co GM of the Bears to create more time so I can join more sim leagues. I decided to take it slow and join the PBE first where I was drafted in the 4th round of the MiLPBE draft to the Anchorage Wheelers. I was a bit of a slow earner, to say the least. I didn’t really know what a PT was at the time but I managed to earn some TPE prior to the draft. I was selected with the 19th overall pick to the Detrioit Demons and have been max earning ever sense! After spending 3 seasons in the PBE I decided to give the ISFL a shot. I think it was a great decision to join the league. I have been lucky enough to meet so many amazing people so far and have had the opportunity to get to know some users better. I briefly met Zeagle in the SCFSL and now he is my Co GM on Portland. I knew Saba from the SCFSL too as I actually beat him a game of Jackbox to get him to sign with me. I’ve gotten to know him better by joining the ISFL and it’s been really nice getting to know them. I also knew Sam from the PBE and SCFSL and was so excited to see him on the Pythons this season. I like him a lot and have loved being teammates with him. He is a really cool dude. I also should mention SouthPaw who is my GM in Portland right now. Thanks to him I have been able to remember to update and do my PTs(although I have missed a few). South is an awesome GM and an even better user and I have loved playing for him at Portland and cant wait for next season! Alright now that you have met me why don’t you take a look at the next best Kicker in the ISFL, S27 Create Cade York.

Hey everyone! I am Cade York a Kicker for the Portland Pythons and a recently drafted player in the ISFL. I know I posted a media piece introducing me but I wanted to go even more in-depth and give you guys a look at my journey so far! Let’s get started(QUICK DISCLAIMER: This will not relate to the real Cade York’s story. Somethings will be similar but this is mainly just me creating this). It started in the state of Louisiana. I was born on July 12th 1998 to two wonderful parents Ryan and Mary York. I was the youngest of four siblings, three brothers. My family loved sports and we were very athletic. I was looking at some pictures of me as a baby and I always seemed to be holding a sports ball. I don’t think there was a picture of me where I wasn’t weaning an LSU shirt or wasn’t holding a football. My three older brothers, Chris, Tyler, and Walker also all loved sports. I am 99% sure it is just in our DNA. My Dad, Ryan, played college football and baseball at LSU. He was a Tight End for the Tigers and had the opportunity to play in the NFL for 3 seasons before he blew out his knee and never got to play again. He was a RF At LSU and was one of the best players in the SEC. He led the Tigers to a national championship leading the team in Homeruns with 24. My Dad opted to play Football over baseball and to this day says it was the best decision he ever made. My Mom played Softball at LSU which is how she met my Dad. They dated throughout college and got married when he went to the NFL. My mom is a big reason why I play football. She has been my #1 fan and always is screaming like I just won the game even when I hit a PAT down 42 with 10 seconds left in the game. Without her support, I wouldn’t be playing football anymore. My Dad has been my coach my entire life. He has taught me how to kick, how to run, how to walk, how to do a pushup, etc… He has taken his experiences and has used them to teach his children. It’s not just with sports though. My parents taught me how to be a good person. One who is always looking to help someone. I spent most of my free time in High School volunteering at the food shelter and tutoring middle school kids. It was a lot of fun and I considered going to college to be a teacher but my parents sat me down and explained that I can’t give up on Football. You might be wondering why I said give up. Well, I almost did. I made the varsity team freshman year and went a perfect 22-22 that season on FGs with a long of 44. In my sophomore year, I went 31-31 with a long of 51, including the game-tying kick in the state championship. We ended up losing that game on a pick-six in OT and it absolutely sucked. In my Junior year, I hit a 54 yard FG and went 27-27. You might be wondering what about PATs and Punts? Well, I will get to those soon. Going into my Senior season my HS had the most hype around us in years. We were expected to win our first state championship in over 50 years and were even getting national hype. At this time I was getting attention from College Scouts. I hadn’t missed a Kick in my entire HS career. FGs or PATs. I averaged about 46 yards a punt and had 37 punts inside the 20. I had offers from a ton of D1 schools and scouts at almost every game. I will admit it got to me a little bit. I came close to missing a few kicks but heading into the state semifinals I was still perfect. 26-26 with a long of 48. I made two kicks in the first half and 1 in the 2nd as we cruised to the state championship game. It was our time now. We knew how close we were and had one goal win one more. The thought of this being my final game in this uniform scared me. This place is where I put my leg on the map. I had loved every moment of playing here these four years and wanted one more opportunity to make history. We went into the 4th quarter in a close game. 21-15 with under 6 minutes to play. They had the ball on a 1st and goal but the defense was able to stall and force a FG attempt but they faked the kick and scored a TD. They now led 22-21. Our offense had a great drive and we had the ball inside the 5 yard line with 3 seconds left. It was going to come down to me. A chip shot FG, the last of my HS career, a championship on the line. “SNAP, HOLD, KICK…. NO GOOD, HE HOOKED IT LEFT!!! THE FIRST MISS OF HIS CAREER AND IT IS COSTLY”. Right there. That’s when I wanted to quit. The easiest Kick of my career and I missed it. I had cost our seniors and our entire team and fanbase a championship. I couldn’t show up to school that Monday. I didn’t ever want to see a football again. All the guilt inside of me got to me.

I remember my dad sat me down and said “Cade, what you’re feeling right now isn’t the end of your career, its the start. Yeah, you missed a Kick, but so did everyone else who wore that jersey once. Use this as motivation to work harder and next time you line up for that kick. You make it, think about this feeling. This is rock bottom. When you get to the top remember this feeling and use it to inspire.” I stood up, grabbed a Football, and went to kick. I lined up in the same spot for an hour just kicking it. Didn’t miss it once. Moved five yards back and did the same thing. I was back and I wasn’t going to quit.

Later that month I announced I will be playing College Football down the road at Louisiana State University or LSU. This was my dream school and I knew I would be in the best spot to succeed. My Freshman year was rough but I got used to things after week 3. I made a game winning kick vs #2 Texas and we later played the Georgia Bulldogs for an SEC Championship. We sadly lost after a disappointing performance on offense. Only scored 7 points and got past the 50 twice. My Sophomore season was a bit better. We lost 4 games and didn’t make the SEC championship game but I had a better season. I took over the full time Punting roll and was a finalist for the Ray Guy Award(Nations best Punter) but sadly missed out by 3 votes. After my first two seasons of College Football I had the opportunity to reflect on the highs and lows up to this point. My FG stats were 45-53 85% with a long of 51. They weren't terrible but when you dig even deeper I was 22-23 from 20-39, 17-21 from 40-49, and 6-9 from 50+ with a long of 51. I knew that I had to focus on hitting shorter kicks so I switched my offseason focus on accuracy. As for Punting, I had punted 75 Punts with 3,225 punting yards and an average of 43. I had a lot of success with coffin corners and figured switching to a focus on accuracy could help me. That offseason heading into my Junior season I spent just about every day focusing on making every kick straight down the middle, pinning opponents at the 3 on a 40 yard punt, I came into my Junior season with a ton of high hopes. The first 5 games we cruised to a 5-0 start. I had only kicked 4 FGs so far and was 4-4 with a long 46. We were headed into a rivalry game on the road vs Florida. We knew this was going to be an emotional and intense game. Both teams were 5-0, both teams were ranked in the top 5, both teams knew this game could affect their shot at a National Championship. After a very close first half we had a 3 point lead, 17-14. I hit a 34 yard FG to give us the led on the first drive of the game and that was a really big kick for me. I hit it right down the middle where I have been practicing all season, and it was the 5th kick I made all season. We went into Halftime with some momentum and we were ready for the 2nd half and we were ready to finish the game. We knew we were ready and we were. We dominated the second half and won the game 45-17. That was the moment when we knew we were going to be the National Champions. We went on an absolute tear and won every single game that season. We went into the College Football Playoffs with the #1 seed and blew out Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl. I was 3-3 with a long 45 and went into the national championship with a ton of confidence. I knew that this would most likely be my final game at LSU. I was going to be graduating early and wanted to enter my name into the DSFL but I wouldn’t be able to do it until the season ended. I wasn’t focused on that though, I had one game left and I knew we had to win. Heading into halftime it was tied up at 27. I was 2-2 so far, I made a 27 yard FG and 46 yard FG. I had punted 3 times for 122 yards for an average of 41 yards for punt. We had moved the ball pretty well but couldn’t really get a stop on the defensive side of things. Heading into the second half coach told us “Do what we’ve done all season, finish!”. The 3rd quarter was rough for us. We gave up ten points and had to punt 3 times. Didn’t score a single point and had 15 minutes to mount a comeback. It started off with a bang, a pick six! Just like that we were back in it! A few minutes later it was just a 2 point game. We got sacked for a safety but the score was 39-37 and Notre Dame was leading. We had the ball inside the five with 2 seconds left, sound familiar? It should, same spot I was at in my senior season in the state championship game. All eyes were on me, I was jogging out on the field to attempt the game winning kick in my final college play. While I was running on the field I had a flashback. It was the conversation my dad had with me when I wanted to quit. I remembered every word and how I felt after missing that kick. This was my chance for redemption, I had one play to make the most of it and win a National Championship for my dream school. “Cade York will come out on the field to attempt the game winning kick with two seconds left, this is from 20 yards out on the 3 yard line. Snap, hold, kick is up and… HE NAILED IT! CADE YORK HAS DONE IT!! LSU HAS WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP”. I nailed it, we won, I had finally hit the kick that haunted me to this day. This was the happiest moment of my life. We enjoyed it and celebrated in the locker room. It was an amazing feeling, knowing I had won a national championship was a great feeling.

One week after the game I announced that I would be graduating early and entering the DSFL. I would be put on waivers and waiting a day or two before knowing what team I would be joining. The Portland Pythons picked me up on waivers, I had missed the first four games as I was playing on LSU but I got the opportunity to be the day one starter. In my first career game we played the Norfolk Seawolves at home. We won the game 21-13 and I punted 6 times 236 yards, its about 40 yards a punt, my long was 43. I was 3-3 on PATs and did not attempt a Field Goal. In week six we played the Tijuana Luchadores and pulled of a 27-14 victory. I was 2-3 on FGs and 3/3 on extra points. I didn’t have a great game punting the ball, 3 punts for 114 yards which is about 38 yards a punt. In week 7 we won a very close game vs Dallas. I had a walk off 35 yard Field Goal to win the game and had a great day punting the football. 7 punts for 311 yards and 44 yards a punt. We improved to 7-0 and were looking to go to 8-0 the next week vs London, we won a tight game 7-6. I didn’t attempt a FG and only attempted one PAT. I did punt 9 times and averaged 38 yards per punt. We sadly lost in week 9 to Bondi Beach but rebounded next week vs KC. I hit a game winning 43 yard FG with about a minute 43 to go. In week 11 we beat Minn. But in week 13 I had the game of a lifetime vs Norfolk. I was 5-5 with a long of 41, punted twice for 85 yards and we won the game 29-10. We closed out the season with two wins and finished with a 13-1 record. In the Conference Championship game, we beat the London Royals 23-13 to advance to the Ultimini! I was 3-4 on Field Goals and 2-2 on PATs. I had a really good day Punting the ball too! 7 punts for 343 yards and a long of 69(nice). We were headed into the Ultimini game pretty confident and got off to a great start. We jumped off to a 17 point lead but then gave up 20 unanswered points in the second half. We ended up losing and were crushed. After the loss I started focusing on the ISFL draft and yesterday I was selected by the Arizona Outlaws. I am very excited to be an Outlaw and I'm looking forward to seeing what my career has in store for me. I thought I had a good interview with the Outlaws and knew some of their players from my time in Portland. I was really shocked when they took my in 2nd round but I will look to not repeat the horrible career of fellow 2nd round pick Kicker Roberto Aguayo. I will work hard every day to make sure that I live up to the pick. I am very excited, Go Outlaws!

Code:
3100 words