International Simulation Football League
*DSFL Mock Draft - New User 2x Media! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL Mock Draft - New User 2x Media! (/showthread.php?tid=29282)

*DSFL Mock Draft - New User 2x Media! - Amulos - 01-18-2021

KCC 1.) Kansas City Coyotes -  After an abysmal season going 1-13 this past season, the Kansas City Coyotes are looking to shore up there offense with an essential piece. I believe they will go with an electric running back prospect in Busch Goose. Goose has been a monster throughout the prospect bowl and has been able to create his own holes against opposing defenses. He has performed by far the best of all the running back prospects thus far, and will be a huge improvement in the run game for a terrible Coyotes team. I personally believe Busch Goose will continue his improvement at the next level and has the potential to repeat as #1 overall in the ISFL draft in the near future. 

TIJ 2.) Tijuana Luchadores - After a season to forget for the Tijuana Luchadores, I think they are planning on taking their QB of the future in IsHe... ReallyInvisible?. Although his name is a mouthful (German descent maybe?), he has shown he has the arm strength and playmaking ability to survive at the next level. I am fairly certain he is currently the only Quarterback that has a completion percentage above 30%, which will likely make him the only desirable candidate for the job. He will look to continue his dominance in the DSFL and will provide some stability for an otherwise tumultuous Luchadore team.

MIN 3.) Minnesota Greyducks - The Minnesota Greyducks have to make waves with this upcoming draft in order to compete for future Ultimini titles, and I believe the way they get there is by improving their Defensive front. I think they take the vicious Mongo here at pick #3 in order to get more pressure on opposing QBs, as well as to add some depth to an otherwise underwhelming core of pass rushers. Mongo has shown he has a next level athletic ability, and although he has not gotten the amount of sacks he is used to in the prospect bowl, he has shown the innate skills that will allow him to push the ball out of the QBs hands faster than they'd like to. That, and with a name like Mongo, who wouldn't be terrified?

DAL 4.) Dallas Birddogs - Dallas Birddogs are going to need a lot of help on the defense to push them back into playoff contention, I think they are going to go with the best player available and arguably best player in the draft, Romulus Roman. I know what you are thinking "this is a safety Amulos, and also the player you created!" Well, this is my mock draft, so tough shit. He has not gotten quite the amount of stats he is used to from his college days during the prospect bowl, but he is an explosive play maker and potentially a core leader for a Birddogs team that could use one on it's defense. His tackling skills are by far the best among the safeties in this class, and he will likely continue to improve that aspect of his game.

NOR 5.) Norfolk Seawolves - I think the Norfolk Seawolves performed admirably this year, making the playoffs but unable to make waves. We just saw the best player in the draft go the pick before, so obviously the Seawolves are incredibly disappointed. I think these guys are going to get the knock-off version of Romulus Roman and pick up Remus Roman in hopes they get anything like him. A direct clone of Romulus, Remus does have skills that differ from his brother. He has great hands, and can be a ball hawk in the centerfield which should allow several turnovers a game. Norfolk will likely see a huge improvement in their secondary if they take this pick.

LON 6.) London Royals - London Royals had a great season, unfortunately falling to the Portland Pythons in the postseason. These guys are going to be losing quite a few players on the defensive side of the ball, and will likely look for a Linebacker to be able to increase their depth at the position. I think they are going to pick a Linebacker here with a unique skillset, Gritt Gurdur. Gritt Gurdur is best at the Middle Linebacker position and can be compared to the likes of Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner, great at stopping the run and is a capable off-ball Linebacker as well. His unique skillset should allow him to be a powerful weapon on the defense in the DSFL.

POR 7.) Portland Pythons - Portland Pythons had a season to remember with an ending to forget. The Pythons will be losing quite a few players on the defensive side of the ball, and are going to be desperate for pass rushers in this offseason. I think they will go with arguably the best pure pass rusher in the draft in Xavier Walls. Xavier Walls has had an incredible showing in the Prospect Bowl, and has demonstrated the drive to push himself to become an elite player for this Pythons team. His speed rushing capabilities alongside elite strength, speed and agility gives him the intangibles to succeed. I think the Pythons would be drooling to see Xavier Walls fall into their laps. GM RESouthpaw is the defending GM of the year, and to pass this up would immediately count him out of the running for the next season.

BBB  8.) Bondi Beach Buccaneers - The reigning Ultimini Champions, Bondi Beach Buccaneers have been gutted of their RB core and are going to be desperately in need to fill that hole. I think they take another great running back from this class in Aleksandr Vasiliev. Vasiliev has shown the ability to be a three down running back and I believe that he will continue in that role on the Buccaneers. His vision, accompanied by his elite breakaway speed should make him next to impossible to stop for an already great Bondi Beach Buccaneers team. 

These are just my personal musings on what I believe the first round of the DSFL draft will look like. Absolutely no bias whatsoever. None. 1007 words.