International Simulation Football League
*Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach (/showthread.php?tid=29525)

Pages: 1 2

*Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - Hallmonitor_20 - 01-22-2021

Has people may or may not know the Bondi Beach Buccaneers (BBB for short) used to be the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers (MB for short) to some this might come as just a small change. An update of a logo, new splash of paint, and a new foreign location to get those sweet tax breaks. To others this was a monumental move that came to a shock when someone's DMs were full of questions about it when they came back from a mini hiatus. 

So let's take a look at these changes to see if it was a good move to relocate the most infamous team in the DSFL. 

First off let's talk about the locations

Myrtle Beach to many people is seen as "Dirty Myrtle" for its questionable tourists it attracts and its "affordable" attractions and restaurants but what many people don't know is that Myrtle Beach has a very wonderful history that is more than just a tourist trap. 

Bondi Beach is also a huge tourist trap of a city/town/didgeridoo? Knows for their beautiful sands and crystal waters. Location wise you can't get much better than this as long as you don't like having your wallet stay in your shorts for long. 

1st

MB was originally settled (settled used lightly because I'm not causing all the "patriots" in the league to be rattled by me saying "stolen from Natives") by the Spanish which means it was full of sexy speaking, suave looking Spaniards. Pretty sexy amirite?

Bondi was also famously robbed by Natives but they actually kept the original name of the Beach (I guess to make them feel like it was more of a compromise and not a robbery). This area was settled by Europe's castaways in an attempt to prove that not loving God or the king = winning a perminent vacation to a beautiful continent full of death.

2nd

MB is located in the famous Long Bay with its crescent-shaped coastline that runs from the Cape Fear River in North Carolina to Georgetown on the Grand Strand’s southern end — was a popular spot for pirates in the early 1700s. Notorious buccaneers including legendary English swashbuckler Edward Teach, aka Blackbeard, used to hide out in the local inlets and attack ships transporting treasure. Blackbeard eventually met his demise in Cape Fear. This is where the name came from to all you dinguses that thought I just ripped off Tampa Bay because everyone else in this league just thinks team names should be cool sounding and not relate to their location. (Staring at you Portland)

Australia only has one known pirate, Black Jack Anderson, who fucked about on Kangaroo Island which is only a quick 17 and a half hours trip away from Bondi! The Buccaneers name really doesn't fit as well in Bondi so im surprised they didn't name them the Water Dingos and change their logo every season like the other dog team in the league. Haha Water Dingos go splash woof!

Enough about location, let's talk about the logos themselves. 

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the Better Business Bureau for updating the logo to a higher quality. Its a nice crisp logo.

However

The bright purple and neon green of MB was iconic. Championship banners were hung in neon green and purple. To take something so beautiful and steal someone else's color scheme to "fit in" just doesn't work. Why yellow? Why dull green? It doesn't scream "HO is watching my every move" like the old MB logo did. If we wanted a dumb color scheme we should've just stole Norfolk's famous blue and slightly darker blue. This was my biggest shock to see. You can change the name and the logo but don't call yourself the Buccaneers if you're not annoyingly bright. 

Finally let's talk about the leadership of the great MB and the Big Baller Brand. 

MB had 2 good looking guys that never once got on HOs bad side that I can remember. Frost and I were basically angels. Sent from the sim league gods to bless a dying league and save them from the audacity that was Palm Beach. 

I mean look at these studs:

[Image: a80icY4.jpg]

[Image: SnUJhSB.jpg]

Now on to the BetaBetaBeta leadership:

A bunch of New Zealanders who probably always get in trouble with HO.

I mean look at these guys:

[Image: ql0Z1lJ.jpg]

So in conclusion,

I'd like to close out my research by saying that evidence concludes that MB is best B and the Bondi bois aren't as cool. 

Thank you

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - Pat - 01-22-2021

Hard to argue this methodology and reasoning.

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - scorycory - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 04:54 PM)Hallmonitor_20 Wrote: Finally let's talk about the leadership of the great MB and the Big Baller Brand.....

Now on to the BetaBetaBeta leadership....
Trying to figure out where I fit in here lol

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - Hallmonitor_20 - 01-22-2021

(01-22-2021, 05:01 PM)scorycory Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 04:54 PM)Hallmonitor_20 Wrote: Finally let's talk about the leadership of the great MB and the Big Baller Brand.....

Now on to the BetaBetaBeta leadership....
Trying to figure out where I fit in here lol

You're obviously a MB babe but for legal reasons I can't show your pitcure

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - siddhus - 01-22-2021

Fr?

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - juniped - 01-22-2021

So you have no opinions on the relocation

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - Thor - 01-22-2021

I am shocked and appaled

Won't somebody please think of the children

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - Memento Mori - 01-23-2021

MB alumni v BB alumni charity game to determine which version of the team is better

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - Mooty99 - 01-23-2021

Palm beach was better than both. Bring back the Solar Bears!

PB PB PB PB PB PB PB

RE: Bondi Beach vs Myrtle Beach - ReverendOReily - 01-23-2021

Quote:The Buccaneers name really doesn't fit as well in Bondi so im surprised they didn't name them the Water Dingos and change their logo every season like the other dog team in the league.

Says the guy who plays for a team that just changed logos 
Smh my head