International Simulation Football League
*The Brotherhood of the Traveling Wraiths - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Brotherhood of the Traveling Wraiths (/showthread.php?tid=2962)

*The Brotherhood of the Traveling Wraiths - SimmerDownBruhh - 08-05-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]The Brotherhood of the Traveling Wraiths
Part 2: Dropping the Ball in Colorado!
[/div]

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Game Film/Dialogue
Thoughts/Flashbacks
Actions
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

*Strolls towards the private bus with my backpack strapped to my shoulders and my roller suitcase trailing me. My headphones over one ear as we move to board the aircraft.

All of the Yellowknife Wraiths placed their luggage in the bin to allow the employees to load the jet. After that, we climbed the staircase to gain entry to the jet.

I found an aisle seat around the middle to get ready to get all comfortable for the ride to Las Vegas. I unzipped my backpack to bring out my tablet to check out some more game film of the previous ass whooping we got handed.*

Holy Jesus, the f*ck happened out there? It was literally like we forgot how to function out there.

*sighs softly to myself as I turn my tablet on, checking an email saying that my check for three million dollars is in process, should hit the bank by the next few days. I shift the the tablet to its horizontal orientation and start checking out the tape*

Let's see where the hell we went wrong. We get the ball and three plays later, we give the ball to the Yeti. Chris got pressured and couldn't get the ball to me. Kendrick messed up his team's drive by tripping Dermot out of spite. Why he would do that, I will never know.

After that weak punt by Bojo, Garden gets us to the red zone, I make the catch to get us closer, James forgot the rules for motion and we end up stalling. Luckily enough for us Booter bails us out and gives us three points.

Cushing comes alive on this drive, notching two tackles and the sack on third down to force the punt back to us. I remember how hyped he was, that was stellar individual play by him that drive. We get the ball, three straight handoffs to Big Bubba but the Yeti hold strong, not giving up the first.

Yeti then gets the first down with a catch by Gucci, but we hold strong and Hampshireton gets a nice sack to mess that drive up. Next drive for us, I get a couple of catches. Two catches equals two first downs. Somethin' light. Haha

Unfortunately that was the only thing to note that was positive because a drop by Garden messed up the momentum, we ran the ball for some reason on third and nine and we pass it back to Colorado.

Drop Counter: 2

Going into the second quarter, they had a few first downs next time around, but penalties screwed them out of field goal range. Another catch by me but we go no where yet again. The hell is wrong with our offense right now?

Shoot, a better question would be what in the world is wrong with our special teams?

Fuego Wozy came in hot and blocked Booter's punt and it goes out of bounds. Giving the Yeti prime scoring position. This guy BigBoy17 got bull rushed and allowed the entry. That allowed some points of the touchdown variety. Boss Tweed gets it done from one yard out.

That blocked punt only made things go downhill from there. We go for it on fourth down deep in our own territory and failed. Couldn't get the ball to Garden, falls incomplete. In turn, giving the Yeti great field position again for the second straight drive. Who is the one to make that call? Sure in hell wasn't me, I would have let my defense handle it in their territory.

Long story short, the defense held up and allowed only three points. They only moved five yards of total offense that drive so if we punted the ball instead of going for it like a stupid idiot, we would have got it back. Goodness gracious, that's just bad coaching. We're only in the damn second quarter!

Where am I? Oh yeah, Orosz sacked by Wyatt Fulton, after a dope gain by Garden. On third down, he had his mind on my chicken wings again!! Another key drop on a play we needed to keep the momentum on.

On the next drive, they moved a little bit, but Jason Spearhead said "NO!" to the rest of that noise. Sacking Noble forces the punt to us.

Unfortunately, we had little to no time before the half to do anything. Fuego makes his return to the game, getting a sack before halftime and we head to the locker room.

Drop Counter: 3

We move into the second half. Yeti get the ball first and notch a few first downs. Our defense bends but doesn't break, forcing a punt by Bojo.

We get a couple of first downs on our drive. Solid start, I must say. On third and six, we do a TE screen play and I catch the football again (Yaaaay.) but the lane for me to take closed and I was stopped four yards shy of the marker.

One drive each for both of our teams ended very abruptly. Our drive in particular couldn't continue due to another drop by Garden.

Dermot deflected a pass intended for Kendrick Hendrix but that was the only thing noteworthy of that lame drive. We get the ball after three plays and the first play after the punt, Orosz gets picked off trying to fit the pass to Sir Checkers. Luke Tiernan continuing on a wonderful start of the year for him.

The Yeti drive until they get to the red zone. They stall at the ten yard line and BOOM! There goes Marcus "Weapon X" Kane. Interception to get the Yeti the ball back.

We continue moving the ball, first down after first down. Damian West gets us into Yeti territory with a 20 yard catch. Third down comes, Eric Kennedy takes a run, shaking a defender out of his shoes and getting the yardage needed for the first. Nothing more, nothing less. We move along into the fourth quarter.

This is where Jonathan Saint happened. Busted right through BigBoy17 and to the quarterback. Orosz didn't see me coming, he tried to give me the rock for the longest TD pass by a TE in NSFL history when he got blindsided by Saint, forcing the fumble and raking it back for about 10 yards. That was a bummer if I do say so myself. I was open that play, but no need to harp on it.

The Yeti got in our field position, close enough to take a 54 yard field goal attempt, it went wide right and the score remains the same at 10-3 in favor of the Yeti.

We get the ball back and now its Smallwood with the butter fingers on third down. We pass possession back to Colorado.

The defense has to be worn out at this point. Dermot got burnt by DJ Law for a 40+ yard gain, Kendrick, Ross and O'Connell contributing in the pass game for Logan Noble.

Eleven plays that chewed up more than 6 minutes of time off the clock, they punch it in for a touchdown, a pass from Noble to Law from two yards out.

We really were stuck in quicksand on offense this game. Next drive capped by a drop by Bubba and a two yard rush on third and eleven. Yeah. Don't know what the coaches were on this game. I'm sure they took a trip over to Orange County for that dope medication. Yeah, it's a pun. What of it?

*rolls my eyes as I pause the video and reach into my duffel bag to pull out these lemon pepper wing container. Opening the container and lifting one of the drumsticks towards my mouth. I stopped because it felt like I had twenty pairs of eyes on me, I looked around to notice that it was only one pair*

What's going on, Checkers?

Nothing much, man. You care to throw one of those wings my way?

Haha Of course! Pass them around for the crew, we gotta beef up next week anyways! Make up for that sorry excuse of a game!

*I chuckled before passing the container to Darren, looking back at the screen, stuck with Dermot manning up against Kendrick on first down late in the fourth, I hit the play button and continued on with the film*

Kendrick couldn't make a play to save his life in this drive, two deflections by Lavelle here.

This is it, our last stand! Make something out of nothing and keep our undefeated record intact.

Garden drops another one, West bails him out. First down.

Garden makes up for it after the spike, moving 28 yards up the field into Yeti territory. So far so good. Timeout.

Pass off the mark to West.

Garden couldn't hang on to the pass, broken up by Hayden.

Smallwood drops the pass.

Nuck rushes for three yards on fourth down and gets tackled by Fulton.

No field goal to give us a shot in a dark. No pass to move closer into position for a TD, nothing.

Final Drop Count: 9

And nothing else to note for this one, final score 17-3. Held scoreless for three and a half quarters of the game. I don't even know how to analyze this. The defense did what they could but the offense could not get rolling when we needed to. Drops, bad play calling, not taking chances, taking chances when we really didn't need to take them, turnovers, you name it.

Me personally, I did okay. Led the line in pancakes and led the receivers in catches. Not a drop yet either. Whenever I'm open, I'll get the reception done. Not too much yards after the catch but I did what I could. Luke Tiernan brought his A-Game again! I make the catch he was right there to trip me up. I'll say I did better against him this time around than I did last time back home but overall, I could have done better. WE ALL could have done better.

Not too many pancakes, a TE should never have more pancakes than the O-Lineman in theory, especially seeing as I go out to pass catches as well, need to help Nuck get free more often, take pressure off of the receivers.

Speaking of receivers, we didn't make the plays we needed to. It also didn't help our case that the coach forgot it was fourth down and there were questionable plays when we needed them the most. Too many drops, too many drops, too many f*cking drops!

*sighs softly before taking a bite of the chicken wing*

Luckily enough for us, our team is too damn talented not to bounce back. I have faith that this will stick in our minds for the rest of our minds, we're much better than we showed in Colorado.

This is the last time we'll have to deal with this defense for a while. Now we continue on this trip over to Las Vegas where we clash with our feeder team, the Legion.

Let's step it up and bounce back like Big Sean.

[iframe width=\\\"560\\\" height=\\\"315\\\" src=\\\"https://www.youtube.com/embed/phr1pOFK1V8\\\" frameborder=\\\"0\\\" allowfullscreen][/iframe]

#WraithsNation

[Image: ciAI07Q.jpg]

Code:
1819 Words, ready to be graded

GRADED

*The Brotherhood of the Traveling Wraiths - Dangles13 - 08-05-2017

We need moar wings!

*The Brotherhood of the Traveling Wraiths - kckolbe - 08-05-2017

Good shit. Question, do blocked punts count against a blocker like a sack does, or are we just choosing to blame Bigboy? It probably was his fault though.

*The Brotherhood of the Traveling Wraiths - SimmerDownBruhh - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 03:13 PM)kckolbe Wrote:Good shit.  Question, do blocked punts count against a blocker like a sack does, or are we just choosing to blame Bigboy?  It probably was his fault though.

I blame BigBoy17 for all of our short comings. Even in real life situations for me, I dropped my food on the floor? Bigboy17. If my girlfriend doesn't want to have sexual relations? Bigboy17. ????

But I don't think it does, I just threw him in there just for the sake of it.