International Simulation Football League
Starboy Stops Shining - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: GM Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: Starboy Stops Shining (/showthread.php?tid=29677)

Pages: 1 2

Starboy Stops Shining - Starboy - 01-26-2021

This might come as a bit of a shock to some and to others I'm sure you've been waiting for this to happen for a little while: I am stepping down from my role as the Baltimore Hawks co-GM. Things personally have just gotten bad for myself after reading constant comments from other users that only want to see myself or the Hawks fail and burn to a crisp with comments referencing "how far we have fallen" despite our best efforts. Those type of comments just became all I had in my head and that level of negativity made me paranoid about everything I did or everyone I talked to since I was only seeing ways that things could go wrong. A team leader should not have that constantly on their mind and so I am making a decision to step down and focus on getting better.

I want to thank @Buttersqauch101, @Huskies311, @Duilio05, and @Dewalt27 for constantly being able to help me even though I know I've been a struggle to deal with sometimes as I went through these past few seasons trying to do my best. I apologize for the sudden message but I feel that Baltimore will come into good hands that can prove those negative users wrong, regardless of how high up they are.

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - Pat - 01-26-2021

God speed Chika Bomb It!

In all seriousness, take care of yourself dude. We'll miss you in GM chat.

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - Faded - 01-26-2021

whoever told BAL to fail needs to stop doing that. cause look what happened.

shame on you if you are one of those people.

thanks starboy for everything you've done, and good luck in the future. <3

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - ValorX77 - 01-26-2021

Hey man, my DM’s are always open if you need someone to talk to. Nobody deserves to go through this.

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - Buttersqauch101 - 01-26-2021

Thank you star for being an amazing co. You helped out a shit ton and am glad to have you aboard.

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - GlimsTC - 01-26-2021

Star, you were a genuinely amazing GM and I hope you don't ever doubt that. The amount of work you put in to help this team is something I and no doubt many others appreciate. Sad it's come to this, but I hope you're able to start feeling some enjoyment in the league again with some time away from the management part of it. You're a great friend and always will be one of the coolest people in this league. Keep on rockin, man

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - nunccoepi - 01-26-2021

From one former Hawks GM to another. Thank you for your service and may the Hawks always fly high. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - frazzle14 - 01-26-2021

Sad to see you go Star but I know it’s for the best. Always remember your a butter on the bread kind of guy and everyone should know it.

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - Dewalt27 - 01-26-2021

Starboy! You did fantastic my dude. Its easy to critique from the outside but you've always done what you believe is the best for the team. You'll get past this and best of luck for you and the Hawks in the future.

RE: Starboy Stops Shining - The_Kidd - 01-26-2021

(01-26-2021, 06:20 PM)Faded Wrote: whoever told BAL to fail needs to stop doing that. cause look what happened.

shame on you if you are one of those people.

thanks starboy for everything you've done, and good luck in the future. <3

Not to steal the light, but the "Chika Bomb it" running joke/meme became a thorn to me while I was in Baltimore. Nothing more agonizing in seeing people relish in your team performing sub-par just to toss the low-hanging fruit