International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=29755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Kyamprac - 02-01-2021

(S27) PT1 - First Impressions

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S27 claim thread.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, February 6, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Season 27 is off to a busy start with the new sim. Write 200 words about your first impressions of the games you've seen so far in the new sim. How's your player/team doing? Are you enjoying the streams? Do you have a favorite home field design?

Graphic option: Create a graphic showing a custom homefield design you'd like to see for one of the teams in the sim.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - SamTwoSix - 02-01-2021

PBE Affiliate Link
DIFFERENT USERNAME- Sam

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - siddhus - 02-01-2021

I am very happy with the switch to the new sim. Obviously I could go in and complain about every little thing that is happening, but I love the new streams. I can speak first-hand, in DDSF2016, our locker room did not talk much at gametime, usually just me and maybe someone else saying the scores, but here with the sims a little slower, their is a whole new way to look at the sim. We had 8 different members, and 1000+ messages just from that one game, and it made me happy to see everyone so pumped at happy, as that is how user retention happens. Addressing the fields, me and the rest of the Honolulu war room had a lot of fun making Honolulu's home field. Luckily we have the home opener tommorow so we can finally see everything in action. Won't spoil it too much, but I am really happy with how it turns out, even after we had to make some changes to it after HO feedback. Jim Waters, my player, has so far performed well. I have not recorded an interception but I have 6 pass deflections so far, which gets me to a total of 100 pass deflections total, which is a very cool achievement for me.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - AgentSmith - 02-01-2021

I’ve really been enjoying the new sim engine. I like the slower pace of the games, which makes it much easier to follow along with what’s happening. I also like the graphical upgrades that have come with the switch of engines. Being able to follow the ball in flight is a great addition that makes engagement with the sim that much easier. I’m looking forward to being able to unbank next season and get one of the new attributes in place to allow me to hopefully perform how I imagine!

Dallas is off to a winning start, with a win over the Tijuana Luchadores in the season opener. Borgo had a decent game, with 4 receptions for 31 yards. I’m really excited to welcome in some rookie WRs who have started the season with a bang. One went for 101 yards on 5 receptions, and the other had 2 touchdowns, which is awesome to see after our receiving corps struggled so much last season. Seeing Christ Jr. improve this season is going to be exciting as well, as long as he can keep his interceptions under control.

The coolest field design that I’ve seen so far has to be the Portland Pythons. The scales on the field make it look awesome and it’s a great fitting theme.

Code:
217 Words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Number 82 - 02-01-2021

Honolulu Snow Field
[Image: he1RNdJ.png]

Colorado Infinite Field
[Image: UsC3UUm.png]

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - 124715 - 02-01-2021

The new sim has been... weird. It's hard to find any other way to describe it, actually - the comical big plays, the over-the-top pancake commentary, the adventure of trying to run the ball, the blowouts - all these contribute to make the game have a sort of zany, weird college game feel to it. I've been enjoying the new game flow so far; I like how runs aren't doomed after the first five yards. One could say we've gone too far in that direction, but at least it's exciting. I also like that timeout logic seems to have been fixed. Some things aren't better though - for instance, it seems like Speed back might still be the only viable RB archetype, and we haven't seen any mobile QBs. In fact, the league's 14 starting QBs combine for 15 rushing yards. This is a pretty pathetic number, and hopefully the mobile-heavy S27 class will infuse some life into the quarterback run game. The streams have been great - streamers Amidships and Symmetrik are total cuties. Thank them if you get a chance.

I've been loving all the new fields . I love KCC's, but I'm biased. Colorado has a good one ISFL-wise. Funnily enough, the teams that opted to stick with green fields seem to have their surface pop more - maybe because so many opted for colored fields? I'm going to be curious to see what changes for next year, both in terms of the graphics and the game balance.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - StadiumGambler - 02-01-2021

My first impression is that there are aspects of the sim that look cleaner, with the increased resolution meaning you can fit a whole football field in the camera, and some side screens with stats are still there. I'm ok with the presentation upgrade over the previous sim, but my issue is with the fact that there are still some bad and glitchy looking plays. One of my teammates on Portland Evan Jones got flagged for a horse-collar tackle when he was in zone coverage and not anywhere near a player on the other team. The plays still seem to favour slants and curls, and we don't get cool routes and good receiver spacing and a modern offense akin to what we see on TV today.

My player Saleem Spence got off to a good start, with two big catches in the fourth quarter to help Portland to a comeback win 44-33 over the Coyotes. He played okay in the first prospect showcase, but inconsistently in the second. I think it has to do with how bad 50 TPE players are.

Streams are great and are produced professionally. Some of the football fields are good or interesting (Minny, Philly, and Berlin), some of the fields can go hang themselves (Tijuana and Bondi Beach)

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - FootballIsCool - 02-01-2021

I really do enjoy the international simulation football league. My first impressions of the new simulation program, draft day pro football 21 has been a positive switch. It appears that offensive lineman have become very important in the change and as a lineman I think this is a really positive change. As of now, our team the Portland Pythons are doing quite well, starting out in week 1 Portland played a tight game against Kansas City with a late pick six Evan Jones and it turned the tide. This game being close was a surprise because Kansas city defense is mostly inactive. In week 2 Portland played against defending champs Bondi Beach and won in convincing fashion with an electric air game. Week 3 brought another comfortable win mainly because the defense held Minnesota out of the endzone. Week 4 was a deflating loss only losing to the London Royals, in a close 16 to 14 game. Bringing Portland's record to 3-1. One of the more surprising things in the current sim is how many drops our team is suffering with and how much our team is struggling at average yardage plays. Most of our offense has been limited to massive yardage plays. One of the things that our team has struggled with has been running the ball. I expected our team to be a better rushing team but our players yet again average below three yards of rushing per play with exception to the big plays. The sims have been decent to watch, my biggest complaint has been that box scores don’t get shown after the respective game or at all in the show so offensive linemen must wait until the index to see how they performed, this is a bit discouraging for that position to actually watch the sim.

301 words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - gucci - 02-01-2021

So far S27 has been an incredible change of pace. DDSPF16 had gotten to the point where it was too balanced and had become more like math class than actual football. When you can run thousands upon thousands of simulations, the magic of the game is all but lost. Big plays are back, you know, like they are in real football. We get to see heroic performances from legendary players that aren’t capped by the sim. I feel almost cheated that Honolulu hasn’t broken a 70 yard TD yet. But the quality of the sim presentation and the games themselves has been elevated yet again. Because now it feels like football again and not 2 war rooms playing chess against each other.

The emotional connection I’ve felt while watching both Honolulu games is completely incomparable to the past few seasons. That goes beyond Honolulu games to be completely honest. The entire league has had games of all kinds keeping us viewers on the end of their seat. I think the ISFL struck gold by switching sims, of course some people will have poor luck and complain about it. Or the live stats piss the off, but I’ve had no trouble counting KKM’s sacks this year so I don’t really sympathize with them. Plus the index is updated that night, everyone will get to see their stats.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Jiggly_333 - 02-01-2021

The thing I really like about the new sim is the new index. Every single season for years now I’ve had to find my player’s stats by going through the overall stat leaderboards. There’s just something that’s kind of demoralizing when you have to instantly compare yourself to others. I’ve already got a very fragile ego, so seeing that I’m so much worse than others just makes me feel sad. Also, it’s just generally annoying when you have to dig through the whole thing and find your name. At least now with Fukushuu, I have a name that stands out amongst the rest; but Jenkins and Atwell aren’t that easy to find. Also, with running backs, I need to check two different stat lists to find all the information on my player.
Now in the new index, each player has their own player page that you can quickly go to. All the info’s right there and I don’t have to think about my underperformance compared to my peers who were clearly given an illegal headstart. Like, how the hell do some of these guys have more TPE than me, like what the actual fuck? I can only hope that the next improvement is replacing the weird face gens in the sim with either a face gen or even just a png. I know that Football Manager actually has the option to replace the face gen with a png, I’ve used it many times.