International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=29755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - TheDangaZone - 02-05-2021

So far into the season has definitely been an interesting sim change for me as a running back. I did switch to the power back arch type as I have always wanted to be a pure power back in the league and I was finally given the option to have a viable stat line doing so. I would say that results have been sporadic at best so far for me though. One game I can go from doing very well in our running back by committee in Tijuana and then the next game I will be absolutely atrocious on the stat sheet. This past game I went off for 123 yards and 2 touchdowns while the game before I had 13 rushing yards on 10 carries which to me is just insane that there can be that much of a difference from week to week for a DSFL capped running back. I will say watching the games is kind of fun and I enjoy watching the sims for the most part though I do feel the games are insanely long to watch now so it does make it a little tiring after a while. Hopefully in time we can reign in the little things to make it slightly better overall and it's definitely by no means a bad sim watch. 

220 words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Mojojojo - 02-05-2021

[Image: image0.png]

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - JKortesi81 - 02-05-2021

I have to say, the move to the new sim engine has been pretty awesome! I know that the games take a bit longer to watch, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The entire layout of the sim looks much better, and it’s a lot more fun to see the action happening on every play. You can see the ball move from dot to dot, you can see missed passes, you can see the length of punts and returns. It’s all really cool visual things that we were missing. I enjoy the scoreboard at the top as well. Plus, the games are pretty entertaining. You see a lot more long TD plays, which is exciting. In the old sim, it never felt like we saw that many 70 yard passes and whatnot. Now they’re becoming more commonplace, but not *too* commonplace. Yeah, I know that the running game has been a bit rough compared to the old sim, but that has a lot to do with the league needing to adjust to what’s more important in the new sim compared to the old one. It was never going to be a perfect transition, that’s for sure. But that’s where it's up to the GMs to really start to figure out the best strats for their teams. It’ll be fun to see how it shakes out! (226)

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - grok - 02-05-2021

Honestly, I do not know anything about the new sim. I just "recreated" after my previous player didn't claim a single TPE with him, so uhh. I can not really claim to know anything. The number is bigger than last year, that seems like an improvement. Bigger numbers are always better. That's why Madden and FIFA sell so many copies.

I think my player is doing okay. I heard he did a punt. That is what he is supposed to do, so I am happy with this development. Some day he will get to do a kickoff too, but I understand that is at least one season in the future.

I have not watched the sim streams yet, but I am a big fan of sim streams in general. SHL started doing them when they converted to FHM6 about a year ago, and they have been wildly successful. I think having a public stream of the games is very useful for retention and engagement, and the SHL's streams regularly get lots of viewers and have even gotten new recruits out of YouTube recommendations.

So I guess my first impressions are that there is a sim, and it is a newer sim than the old sim was, and it has streams which I think is a good thing.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Guunar - 02-05-2021

I have very mixed feelings about the new sim. I think it’s a big improvement in a lot of ways. It looks much nicer, the game play appears more exciting and being able to see more action on the field is super awesome. I also really enjoy the custom home fields and think they add a really nice touch to the overall appearance of the games. However, there are some negatives like all things in life. It’s very slow to watch games now and there’s such lag between certain plays like sacks. I don’t like how the stats are displayed either. It’s just hard to discern where the stats are and where your player is at when it comes to the action sometimes. I don’t enjoy how poorly running backs are doing in the game and I think there still needs to be lots of balancing there. For some reason, I’m doing just as well or slightly better than another running back with 500+ TPE. Even accounting for offensive lineman, I don’t think there should be such a close comparison between myself and someone like Zoe Watts. It’s just really weird to see us perform about the same given the big TPE difference. That’s my biggest beef so far about the new sim since it impacts myself directly.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - ddrector - 02-05-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Mooty99 - 02-05-2021

New season new sim! Well the new sim certainly is different so the positives: tactics, they seem to actually make changes according to what they are meant to do rather than in the other sim where it seemed to be more random so that is good. I also like the look of the new one, sure the games go on longer and it can be a bit fast however the feel is much more like a real game of Football so that is good. Now for the bad. The difference between the middle and the high tpe players in certain positions seems vast, this is something that needs to be looked at, in my opinion high TPE RBs need to be nerfed and low TPE RBs bumped, and the number of big plays in the game seems a little broken. Now my player is the lowest TPE QB in the game but to be honest I am fairly happy with how I am doing, it isn't amazing but I am currently holding my own and have only the third worst QB rating which while it sounds dumb is something I am very please about. I guess I have run out of time to talk about field, but green fields good coloured fields suck. The end.

WC 215

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Orhanello - 02-05-2021

What’s really crazy about the new Sim and what everybody has transitioned into it and I said a lot of these things in my podcast that I would’ve like to see and they did a lot of that stuff. It’s cool to see that things that I had in my head are now into fruition in this league and I think it’s for the betterment of the league moving forward. There’s still a lot of things that it needs a little work on and could make it a slight bit better but I think that overall it’s in the right direction. I really like that the DSFL games are now more scoring in the stats look and feel better. Before when we barely got the throat for 200 yards and one touchdown the game it just felt very lame and it wasn’t fun to watch the streams now the streams are more enjoyable and I think people are getting more out of the league. I would still like to see may be a little bit of animation during a touchdown but like I said before it’s heading in the right direction. At times it feels a little glitchy and I think it could be a slight bit faster the games sort of drag on. I think the same itself needs a little bit of an overhaul for the fact that like three run please get ready to roll and then it’s a pint is kind of lame and also I think sometimes team should be able to go for it on fourth down.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - DApolloS - 02-05-2021

The new sim has its perks, the plays are now smooth with the play being played out entirely from ball snap to tackle. Player motion looks much less choppy and it's nice you can actually see the player's numbers very easily because of the lettering being much bigger. That being said, one thing, even though it's very small, is the rolling stat screens at the bottom. It used to be that you could see all the player's stats when they were on the field, but now it rolls between personal stats and team stats. It isn't even with the plays, which makes it a bit harder when you're trying to keep track of how certain player's are doing during the game. Sometimes I try to look between plays quickly, only to find the team stats is currently displayed and then the next play starts. I understand this is something very minimal and honestly not that big of a deal, but it's also the little things that make a stream great. Also the font for the stat screen could go up one font size.

Other than that very small issue, the new sim seems great. I'm impressed with how our team and my player has doing so far, especially with so many new faces at important positions. This is my last chance so I'm hopping we can defy the odds and win a championship before I move up to the big league next season.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - firstfray - 02-05-2021

Although I can’t speak for how the new sim compares to the old sim as I joined this season in time for the switch to DDSPF21. But for my initial impressions on this sim experience, it has been great! I really love seeing the field enlarged on the whole screen making it easier to see the players. I also like the detail of the play-by-play displayed on the screen. From pancakes to the receivers tipping the ball to themselves, it adds a nice dimension of excitement to the game! One gripe I have with this though is in the play-by-play in the index, only the result of the play is shown. The pancakes and other extras that happen during the play aren’t shown here making it harder to track what is happening during the game if you just rely on the index.
My team, the Kansas City Coyotes have been playing surprising well and better than the 2-2 record. Almost pulling off the upset against the Ultimini favorites Pythons in Week 1 and a missed field goal against the Luchadores are the only things that have held this team back. My player, Dexter Hall, started off very slow recording no stats in his first career start. The next 3 weeks he has come on strong with a monster 4 tackles for a loss in one game!
I personally love watching the streams. It is very exciting getting hyped for the game with my team in the locker room and getting to actually watch my player make plays is awesome! I don’t have a favorite home field design but I want to say that the fields that j00 made were phenomenal.