International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=29755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - 209tacos - 02-07-2021

PBE PT 23-3

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - majesiu - 02-07-2021

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=17328&view=findpost&p=273146 pbe afiliation

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Alucas - 02-07-2021

Season 27 has started quickly, unfortunately here in Baltimore we haven't started. We have some great players but we aren't meshing and it seems to be falling apart. The new sim is cool, really enjoy watching it at the moment and it is a bit easier to follow the play by play however it is hard to see your stats now or how you are doing which is a pain. Sometimes I struggle to locate myself on the field but I am sure that will change. It is my first season for the ISFL and I am doing okay, I was called up unexpectedly and that threw me a bit as I was expecting at least one more season of development rather than being thrown into the deep end with a new sim also. Bit of a tough season ahead, I don't see us performing well as it is always hard to shake a slow start. We have had a couple of tighter games and hopefully this will come around. I like the Wraiths and Butchers field designs, it is cool to get some different looks on the field and really show some home ground advantage. Hopefully I will start to enjoy the streams abit more when the Hawks turn the season around because at the moment it is too painful to watch.
Code:
223 Words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - CLG Rampage - 02-07-2021

Considering that I have had some time to work with the new sim, what with me being a temp GM in Baltimore, I think it has some cleat advantages and disadvantages that make it hard for me to say which is better. On the advantages side, it actually simulates football now (at least better that DDSPF16 did), which is certainly nice considering we're a football league. We have more control of our team at a fundamental level due to a bunch of new options, and the new competitiveness rating as well as the new traits give people more stuff to earn towards. It still seems like speed is king, which kinda sucks, but at least now the speedy guys are somewhat boom or bust. Before, they would almost always boom. Watching the sims is pretty difficult, but I don't think that's something we can fix without having multi-hour streams, which I'm sure most people don't want. One thing I think the league needs to do immediately, is to have seperate leaderboards on records, dividing between the new sim and the old sim. It's very clear to me that several records, especially those belonging to running backs, are going to be broken just due to how strong elite running backs are in the new sim. Much like how NFL stats are sometimes broken down to pre-merger and post-merger, I think the league needs to divide records in DDSPF16 and DDSPF21 seperately, if nothing else for clarities sake.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - sve7en - 02-07-2021

The new sim is... something. I expected hiccups for sure but being on a rebuilding team, coming into the season as a capped DSFL player, and being a player in a position that's had some balance tweaks has been less than fun for sure. I like that the sim allows for seeing incomplete passes now, but the visibility on that leaves me looking from gameplay to play by play a lot. The fields are cool, but the zoomed out view and new UI is a weird adjustment that I'm not sure how I feel about. Definitely more likely to watch in full screen to compensate.

Being a capped DSFL RB hasn't been great this season. In addition to the fluctuating success, creating a build at 250 TPE was rough, as I feel like Madison is worse than she was at the end of last season when I capped out. The new archetypes feel balanced, and I'm sure the rest of the positions felt similar pinches, but I found myself making a regression like decision on what to get worse at and that wasn't great. I'm not sure how much is the new AI and playcalling and how much is my player's build, but I feel like things are much more feast or famine now, and it's a lot more of the latter at the moment.

225 words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - iStegosauruz - 02-07-2021

Lets get the first thing out of the way - straight up the new sim takes ages for games to be played. I used to watch literally every game and now I mostly just tune in for the Silverbacks. It just takes so damn long. That being said, I do enjoy that its mostly less buggy. By no means is it perfect but not seeing a receiver drag a corner 95 yards or some other weird glitchy thing is so satisfying. I honestly didn't realize how much better that was going to make me feel until it happened. In terms of the Silverbacks I'm torn thus far. We won the first few games against what I would normally consider to be tougher opponents fairly easily, however we've lost two straight against teams I thought we'd be fairly favored against. We got shut out by San Jose when we never got shut out in any practice run I ran or any post run I've since done. Just some spooky stuff and I guess although the sim doesn't have the same level of stupid, glitchy graphical errors that it has plenty of the same "sim gonna sim" effects. On the bright side its made Mendoza not quite a bum which is something else I never thought I'd see.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Sermokala - 02-07-2021

The big hit to everyone is how incredibly slow everyone is now. CB's are garbage now and even safties are kind meh really. Its an linebacker league now and you're living in it. The traits are a lot more important than people think. Domine went deep into them and is now the most valuable defender in the league. I went for a "sack cannon" build with focusing on getting that "speed rusher" trait instead of stright maxing my speed first.

Competitiveness is hugely important in a really bigly way. It may have been a giant TPE sink in the eyes of the new sim committie but I think it adds a lot of good balance to the league. I have 700 odd TPE now and I'm roughly an average player. Yes its going to suck for the newer players that aren't going to be good for a while instead of everyone being okay right when they pop up from DSFL but its going to make good players that have played for a year really powerful. I've been put as the 4th string Linebacker and I've gotten a sack in all but one game so I'm pretty pumped at my future. In other news the Butchers are doing incredible in every game that that doens't have a wacko bizzareworld first game. Totaly not bitter at that first half against the yachti. Anyway remember to put points in agility folks.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - UltimateYeehaw - 02-07-2021

From the very start of joining this league, I was excited to learn and see how dot football would work. Knowing nothing about the sim, I was impressed to see how it all played out. While watching this season's game with the Dallas Birddogs, I found it to be a really cool way for it all to happen. Although the description of the plays may go by very quick (I normally have to pause after every other play to make sure I know what is going on,) the games in itself are fast paced and exciting to watch! The background music within the streams also provides an even better viewing experience and I beg HO to let me have the aux for at least one game (I promise you won’t be disappointed.) However, by far the best part about the streams has been the discourse in the locker room throughout it. Being that this is a virtual league and it’s not possible to watch the games together, the discord servers provide us an opportunity to bond with the team and create a great team dynamic.

On another note, if any of you have elected to watch the DSFL this year, you would have seen Dallas absolutely dominating the field. We are, currently, the ONLY team to be undefeated and have had a great start to the season. The infamous Chunt the Badger has been doing fairly well as primary receiver and returner for the Birddogs, gaining a game ball for the first game of the season. No question about it, Chunt will be an excellent choice for the upcoming ISFL draft (hint hint.)

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Beaver - 02-07-2021

just won a pulitzer for this

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Jay_Doctor - 02-07-2021

I am really happy overall that we as a league have made the switch to the newest sim. To this point, I feel like things have gone about as smooth as you could have asked for. The transition team put in a shit ton of work getting things ready and it showed. It was never going to be possible to have things 100% balanced right out of the gate, but I think they have done an excellent job overall from what I've seen to this point. I have found the stream to have a bit of a choppy feel to it at times. It feels like the previous version was more smooth going from play to play. Seeing incompletions, turnovers and punts better represented has been a nice change of pace. As someone who has only ever played defense and a returner for a few seasons, those things were rarely represented visually. The fields feel a lot more unique as well. Between the new designs and teams having a home an away jersey, there have been a lot nice color matchups. I was going to throw up if I had to watch blue and purple on the screen at the same time again and barely be able to tell the difference. As a team in the new sim, NOLA has been in some rollercoaster type games. We are 2-3 to this point, but the season is still young and there is plenty of time to make a playoff push.

Quote:249 words