International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=29755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - JaytheGreat - 02-07-2021

So far the switch to the new sim has been an interesting one. The in game commentary is a lot different and I don't think I like it as much as the old sim. Next is the game play, there seems to be a lot more big players, the games I've watched it seems to me that a lot more 2nd and 3rd and longs are being converted compared to seasons past. I do think the engine shows the game better but in doing so it makes the game go on longer then the previous engine. It's gotten to the point were I'm having to turn off the stream in the 2nd or 3rd quarter because it feels like the game has been going on forever. I do like the how the stadiums and the logos look. I do think there have been good improvements and with some more adjustment time I'll get used to the new sim/stream. It hasn't been a great season for Kearse so far but he is on his last legs so that's probably a big reason why, I was really excited for New York's hot start and even though we have seemed to cool off a little I still like our chances to not only make the playoffs but maybe even reach the Ultimus this season.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - GuitarMaster116 - 02-07-2021

Firstly, I personally am I fan of the transition to the new sim, even if I feel like it has its flaws. I think it is a step in the right direction for the league, and it shows that the league has a willingness to become better and not stay complacent which I am happy to see. Regarding the sim, watching wise it looks so much better. The presentation of it, being able to see custom fields for each team and really being able to customize things is really nice. Plus, now it does feel like for the most part people with high TPE will play better for the most part. It is a little sad that each game is about 4-5 minutes longer making the games last much longer, but it is something I think everyone can deal with. I just think less people are going to watch all of the games and just focus on their team’s games.

Some of the negatives I have regarding the sim is that I feel like offense is a little overpowered currently. I understand that maybe this could be due to a defense not having a correct DC to battle an offense, but I feel like if the defensive personnel is good enough, they should still be able to hold their own. But I think there is lots of big plays every single game and I would like that toned down a bit. RB’s also are very hit or miss. They can either break off for 8 rushes for 250 yards for 3 TDs one game then the next go to 15 rushes for 17 yards. I would like to see this huge swing closed a bit.

All in all, I think the transition is a great first step for the league, and I think the sim transition team has done an excellent job with it so far. Do I think there needs to be some tweaking? Sure, but there is no way they could have made everything perfect and balanced in so little time, and I think the state it is in now should be commemorated as it could have been so much worse. I look forward to seeing how everything evolves from here on out.

Also, total bias here but Tijuana’s home field design is pretty cool.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - SDCore - 02-07-2021

The new sim engine has been a bit strange. It appears that it has a bit more of a randomness factor to it. While it is still football and you can still get to the same place, the league appears to have a slight more weight now towards certain positions. The odd part is that it doesn't seem too much different from the face of things, but just the sim does things that are inherently more difficult. They weigh positions and players in different ways, so I think we will adapt well and adjust well, but I'm not sure this is going to be a good barometer for how things eventually land. Personally my player has done much better at some things, but has also done much worse at other things. Like last year I was a tackle machine, this year I barely make one tackle. Yet I have more sacks, forced fumbles, and interceptions, especially for yards so far early this season then I did last. It just seems like the engine likes certain positions and certain formations more and is unkind to the ones it doesn't like. Whereas the previous iteration, was much more kind to everyone across the board. We will adjust and adapt and eventually come to a good place for all.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Sutj - 02-07-2021

After getting used to the speed and the pace of the old sim, I have to say that the new sim that's been brought in this season took me a bit of time to get used to. Before, plays were going by lightning quick, and half the time you couldn't even see what was going on, so you just had to look at the play-by-play text. Now though, we can actually see and understand what's going on. We can see the ball as it gets thrown in the air, and we can actually follow the ball-carrier with our eyes. Though it is a lot slower and takes a lot longer to watch, I think this new sim is great for the league. As someone who tends to watch the games instead of just looking at the scores, this is a far more enjoyable watch and something that I definitely support. Visually, it also does look like a big improvement. The visual effects such as the punting and the kick return add a nice touch and even the scores look nicer. Though some might not enjoy that the games will last a lot longer than in previous seasons, I think that the new sim is a very welcome improvement.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 02-07-2021

Season 27 is off to a hot start, and there are a lot of teams fighting for playoff spots a quarter through the season. I’m happy to say that my team, the Sarasota Sailfish, are one of those teams in contention for a chance to participate in the postseason dance. I have to say, as a spectator, the new Sim Engine is absolutely horrible. I used to enjoy being able to drop in and quickly see how my team did during a game. Now, it takes over an hour just for a single week to be shown for the entire league. I can’t handle that, so what I do now is just totally ignore the live streams entirely. I avoid the forums and discord as well, and just go to the YouTube VOD and watch at 2x speed. I wish that I could watch it at a faster rate, since at 2x it’s still a pretty slow experience overall. I also think that this new engine does not realize that I’m not horrible or in the DSFL, because so far, I am statistically the worst QB in the entire league. I’m sure there’s an investigation underway at this very moment. Boss Jr has somehow avoided costing his team every single game so far this year, but he needs to do better if Sarasota is going to jump to the next level.

Code:
231 words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - moonlight - 02-07-2021

The Season 27 season is underway in the International Simulation Football League. This is Big Slammu’s second season in the Pros and it started off with a bang as he got 2 sacks, 2 more than his really sad total of just 0 sacks in his rookie season. The Wraiths are currently holding a 4-1 record in the NSFC. They have score the 2nd most in the conference, and the 2nd least amounts of points scored. The Butchers are currently top of the conference as they have the tiebreakers against the Wraiths, but it isn’t farfetched to believe the Wraiths will represent the NSFC in the Ultimus Bowl.

Of course the biggest difference this season is that we have just started using a new sim and thus also have a new index. The worst thing about the new index is that we’ve lost the all-time leaderboards, and that the facegens seem to change after every game. The best thing is that each player has their own profile page where a career stat sheet is generated and updated after every game. The sim itself is a little more immersive as we can see the football moving up and down the field. But I would say the game flow is a little harder to actually follow. The sims are also a little slower and harder to watch.

Code:
225 words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - ckroyal92 - 02-07-2021

You want to know my thoughts on the new sim? Really, are you sure about that? Alright, you asked for it. Let me preface this by saying that I appreciate the time & energy that the sim transfer team claims to have put into this move, which I genuinely hope is accurate, and I'd like to give my good buddy Russet a shout out for most generously gifting me a copy of Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2021 because I was so stressed out about the switch & half considered quitting because of it. My critique of the sim itself has zero effect on my gratitude.

Now, for my thoughts on what I've seen so far from this new sim. It is still Wolverine Studios & their fearless leader, Brooks Piggott, at its absolute finest. I really hope you can feel how hard my eyes are rolling as I'm typing this because it's still a pile of garbage, just a newer, marginally more sophisticated brand of garbage; like what you'd find behind the dumpster of an Olive Garden as opposed to, say, a TGI Friday's. For starters, the devs still can't tell their left from their right, so I'm now assuming it was coded by toddlers & if that's the case, then this really isn't too bad for a bunch of 3 year olds. Hey, look! I already hit my word count, so I don't need to rant anymore even though there's plenty more I could say. Maybe one of these days, I'll turn it into a media piece. Ta ta for now!

(263 words)

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Air Crou - 02-07-2021

We got a new sim. YAY! Well, not so much. I mean, the graphics are better, the ball now moves, the commentary has some fun service moments and all that, but it is slower than before. On the one hand, it is easier to follow. On the other hand, it takes twice as much time to watch a game. And with the sims starting at 3am my time, there is no way I am watching them live. And by the time I am up, I may or may not have been spoiled in the team's locker room. But anyway, first world problems really. I really like the custom fields. It adds a touch of creativity, instead of just slapping a logo in the center of the field. I also love how the index has changed. Match reports now show you the targets on receivers. Player profiles are there. You just click on a player's name and boom, you can see their page with their attributes and stats and all. Also, something important for me. The standings table is centralized instead of aligned to the left-hand side of the screen. And the alphabetically first conference, the ASFC is now on the left side of the table, as it should have been since the beginning of time. But here is the thing. We are only getting started on it. It will get better as we get to know the sim more. Just be patient everyone!

Code:
243 words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - pazuzu - 02-07-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Tomasnz - 02-07-2021

Caveat; I don’t watch sims, ever, I was called up earlier than planned to the big boys, and I have managed to bec9me a GM unexpectedly.

For my stats I have been disappointed, I have an okay number of tackles, but for me I value the extras, the sacks, the TfL the Pds etc.. I think I have 1 Tfl, that’s it... oh also penalties lots of those..
Hard to put the blame of the sim though, my expectations were to be a capped junior player beating up on rookies, so being the rookie being beaten up on is less fun than I had planned.but also the new potential importance of LB in the sim, as well as not experimenting that much with 3-4 means that I just don’t know what to expect. Could be worse at least I am not a safety.

Penalties seem to be much more of a thing than I remember previously, as do fumbles. I am not sure how I feel about that or not. 

I hear the sim is unwatchable, but haven’t tried to rewatch a game yet. Maybe if we will someth8ng, oh yeah, turns out our defence is a season too young for the sim now, the goalposts have definitely changed this season, both for teams and for players.

I don’t mind low tpe players being hit a bit, low tpe rbs were alsways way over powered, but i am wondering if the middling period has been over extended or not.