International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=29755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - ajtigger - 02-07-2021

My first impressions of the new sim is wow the streams take a long time. I think the first stream I tuned into took almost an hour and half start to finish. I think moving forward I will just watch through the SJS game and log off after as I don't have the patience to sit through all the games.

Outside of the negative of length, there are many things I like about the new sim. First is the clean look of the overall sim. I find it much easier to see the ball and what player is making a play during the game. I also found the individual fields to be a major plus for each sim. It is awesome to add some unique feel to each team and it really makes each team feel like their own thing and not just some dot football. (Although Honolulu's field does burn my eyes)

The other positive I have found is how the sim displays long plays in the game. No longer do we have to watch a wide receiver drag a corner for 30 yards. Instead we can see receivers burn their man and get hit on a deep pass, or a running back make a few cuts and break it for a long run. This feels so much more natural and organic than the previous sim and makes for an overall much more enjoyable experience.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - frazzle14 - 02-07-2021

My first impressions of the sim so far are ok. I like that everybody is going into this new sim fresh, there’s no game breaking bugs that people can exploit or perfect builds that everyone uses.

My ISFL team, the Hawks are easily the worst team in the league so far this season so watching them hasn’t been that enjoyable. My player, Tony Yeboah, has had a decent season sofar, I’d say he’s had about the kind of season I expected him to. My DSFL team, the Coyotes, are doing well sofar so their streams have been very enjoyable.

The presentation on the streams could be a little better. It’s a bit of struggle to see the players stats each game, I find myself pausing the stream a lot so I would like the stats to be on the stream constantly instead of it transitioning to different pages. I’d also wish the game time would be shortened a bit, being from the UK it’s pretty hard to stay up for the whole stream now if the Hawks are playing near last, I’ve already fallen asleep during a couple of the streams. I do like how everyone can customise their fields, it gives a better look than a normal field as each team has very different looks for their field.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - enigmatic - 02-07-2021

I have mixed feelings about the new sim. Some aspects of it are good while others are pretty bad.

The index itself is a lot more fun to navigate than the old one. I can see how ass my player is in one easy click, although he hasn't been doing badly this season at all. Could this be due to the new sim engine or it's just time for him to finally be better than Sean O'Leary? Ah, just kidding, O'Leary still beats him by like 3 yards. I also don't know if the newspaper thing was a thing before but I find myself reading it sometimes now and it always makes me laugh.

Now on to the negative sides of things. Well, the streams are hot garbage. I don't watch them too often if I'm being honest but I heard my player did something cool on week 1 so I wanted to watch and thank god my team gave me the timestamp because even the 20 seconds I watched were painful. Hopefully that's fixed soon because it makes one of the biggest assets of the league suck. Also, it's pretty minor, but I'm bummed that we lost the top 10 stats and such.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - H0PPY75 - 02-07-2021

I honestly haven't been able to watch  many of the Sims so far this season just because they haven't really  haven't lined up with my work schedule so far and I haven't had a chance to go back and watch them yet but I was able to watch one of the preseason once and I think the presentation so far in the new sim is much better than the old one even if the game seem like they take significantly longer than they did before but hey having more football is never been a bad thing in my eyes.  now it comes down to my player he hasn't done whole time this year he's  he's made a few tackles and I think he's got a fumble recovery on the year and I don't think he's kind of lived up to what I think he should be able to do but hey that's really not a problem for me as long as the team is winning and right now the team is kind of went in there two and two  and coming off a big win against the defending Ultimini  champion Portland pythons and I only did we get that win but We were able to do it in Portland which doesn't happen very often anymore.  I hope my players able to put up a few more stats and stuff throughout the rest of the season but if he doesn't it's not really going to matter as long as we go out and when the Ultimini  this season and really that's the only thing I care about.
Code:
266 words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Symmetrik - 02-07-2021

I get to write this as the perspective of the streamer, I guess. I mean, I only started last season as a backup streamer, but that means I did get to see some time streaming games from DDSPF 16. The new sim is great. No denying that, the added visuals, the added animations, all of it leads to a very nice show for everyone checking out their football dots. But damn it adds a lot of time for streaming. Last season I would do doubleheaders of DSFL (8 games) in 50 minutes. 7 games this season are taking an hour 15 to record. Which it turns out, also takes quite a bit longer to upload and process on youtube. The sim itself is great though. The visuals of the new layout are really nice (though again, more tedious to set up... what you see on video is 3 window captures, and a white background filling in the rest. Previously, it was just 1 window capture, but cropped and scaled up. Not a big deal to set up. And this one, it seems to keep moving around slightly. Where sometimes my window captures aren't quite lined up exactly where they were. Why? I have no idea. Just some of the quirks of DDSPF 21. I think it's still worth it as a nice upgrade visually.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - MrStennett - 02-07-2021

I've been a huge fan of the new sim thus far. Not only does it appear that there is much more parody than there used to be, which is a very good thing, but It's just nice to see simple things, like the flight of the ball on a pass play. I'm glad to see that the transition to the new sim is going well because I know a lot of people, me included, were really looking forward to this being a major improvement. Not saying that I don't think there will be any hiccups that arise, but I can tell you that this change was one that was sorely needed. As far as which team's field is my favorite, I'm going to go with the Hahalua. Not only do I love bright, gaudy colors, but the fact that it irritates so many other people really makes me like it even more. I was a big fan of their branding from the get go, especially the colors, but to see that represented on an entire field is just perfection. I'm also partial to the Outlaws field, just because it looks so clean to me. I might be a bit biased though, to be fair.

Code:
204 words

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - timeconsumer - 02-07-2021

It's pretty hard for me to decide how I feel about the new sim right now. I think to go a bit outside the scope of this question the first thing that comes to my mind is it really looks like the sim team puts a lot of extra work into these sims. The stat trackers and box score stuff on the side appears to be added in after the fact. The play-by-play box on top appears to be added in after the fact as well. What I wonder is how much extra work that is too do that, if I'm correct that is. And what happens if we run out of people one season and struggle to fill roles, how easy would it be to fix those sorts of things? Besides those thoughts I obviously can see a whole lot more offense going on right now, we have receivers on pace for 2k receiving yards this season. We have RBs tearing off huge chunk runs. We have QBs who are in the 90s and 100s of passer rating this season so it really does seem like there's been a major shift towards the league becoming more offense oriented, and that's okay i think the league was a little heavy on defense and that wasn't super realistic with the NFL environment of today.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Tayjay - 02-07-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - shadyshoelace - 02-07-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - bex - 02-07-2021

In terms of the new sim, I don't watch a lot of the streams personally. But, as the head supervisor of the sim team, I do get to watch a lot of the back-end. While there are a lot of sim team growing pains, I think we're all enjoying that the interface is so much nicer to look at while we're staring at it for an hour to input team DCs. That, and I love seeing the fresh graphics our amazing stream team put together. The DSFL overhaul was such a good move and I really love it. I've also gotten to see the fields as they've been submitted for approval. I really love how fresh and exciting everything feels, and that teams really have a chance to make their stadiums feel like their own. I'm personally pretty fond of the yeti field because I adore the subtle mountain accent. I also really dig the SJS field, as that rich green colour just feels so good. Finally, I appreciate the little field details we're seeing, like the fleur-de-lis of NOLA and the Canadian flags on the Yellowknife field. There's always something new that jumps out to me every time I look, and that makes me so happy.

Code:
207 Words