International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=29755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - mithrandir - 02-07-2021

So far, I am enjoying the new sim. The ability to see the ball being thrown is a big improvement. I can watch the ball hurtle towards the player I am guarding, and watch as I shut down opposing receivers. I also appreciate that the new sim seems to reward players with high TPE more than the previous sim. My team, the New Orleans Second Line, is not playing particularly well at 2-3, having lost some close games. We blew out conference rival San Jose and also got an important win against Austin. Though we are tied for the worst record in the conference, we sit only one game back from the four teams at 3-2 in our conference. My player is having an excellent season at cornerback, with three interceptions, tied for the most in the league, nine pass deflections, a forced fumble, and forty four tackles, good for sixth in the league. I enjoy the new streams, though the play by play is taking some getting used to. I also do not like that the stats do not stay up on the screen the whole time. One interesting aspect of the new sim is its penchant for long offensive plays. It seems like every game has at least a run or two over forty yards, along with a couple of 70 yard bombs in the passing game. It has gotten much harder to play great defense with offenses looking very explosive.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - katarn22 - 02-07-2021

Season 27 is a milestone one for the league in that it is the first one being played within the new sim engine, DDSPF21. With the new season comes a new sim, as well as a new position for Albert Ruschmann. No longer a defensive end, Ruschmann is now the starting cornerback for the Colorado Yeti. The new position has been treating Ruschmann well, as he is second in the league in passes defended. The team as a whole is doing okay too. The defense is young, and so is the starting quarterback, so some losses are to be expected. That being said, the offense is potent between wide receiver William Lim and starting running back Richard Gilbert.

In regard to the streams, it was certainly an adjustment. The games certainly feel significantly longer and I find myself only watching my team's game, while skipping through the other ones. I'm sure in time we all will get adjusted to this though. Speaking of the game presentation, each time can customize their field in the new sim, which has certainly led to some interesting designs. Maybe I am biased, but I really do feel that Colorado's field is one of the subtle but nice ones. Other fields are too cluttered or "busy".

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - ComebackZak - 02-07-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - ReverendOReily - 02-07-2021

Change can be a contentious thing, especially when applied to large groups of people, so it’s no wonder that changing to the new sim has left some people very happy, while leaving other people with some rather rustled feathers. Currently, I’m feeling pretty in the middle, as much of a cop out answer as that is. I like that we can see the ball move. I like that when my team is down by 1 point in the fourth quarter and we get the ball back with 90 seconds left in the game, we have an actual shot at winning. We even did win one of those games this season! Such things were impossible in our old sim. I mourn the loss of constantly available player stats. Some of the stat lines have been ridiculous, and it almost feels like certain teams are playing madden on arcade mode. As a result, fantasy this season could definitely end up being a little whack. The new fields are really cool! I don’t understand why HO felt it was necessary to let their own personal tastes dictate what goes on the fields of the teams around the league, but ultimately we ended up with some really great gfx that give a nice bump to the quality of our league’s streams.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - bigbluex02 - 02-07-2021

PBE pt

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - GlimsTC - 02-07-2021

With the new sim, it's definitely a story of ups and downs, but there are definitely a lot more ups than downs I feel. As far as the stream goes, which I'm a super avid fan of, I think the viewer experience has gotten both really good, and a lot worse. Watching the plays get played out is a lot better with it being a lot easier to keep track of things, but then on the flip side, keeping track of stats has become a bit of a nightmare. I don't believe the sim even shows OL pancakes on the stat ticker anymore either, which as a guy who plays OL, is a big disappointment. Though, it's an alright enough trade-off with all the cool new stuff we got, I suppose.

Speaking of which, the new stadiums have been INCREDIBLE. It's nice seeing all the different team personalities come out with the field designs, and see teams really take advantage of it. That being said, Norfolk, Kansas City, and Chicago have easily had my favorite stadiums so far. Absolutely love the colored fields that commit to some very unconventional designs. Norfolk especially has one of the nicest fields to look at in my opinion, and I really hope as the seasons go on, they stick to the design.

(218 words)

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - jsteele14 - 02-07-2021

PBE PT TASK

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - thecanadiancanuck - 02-07-2021

The new sim engine is just such a vast visual improvement over the old one. My favourite part is probably how much smoother the game seems to flow. I can actually see the ball move on pass plays, and kicking plays being visible are nice as well, particularly field goals as they would normally be skipped over and I'd be left questioning what had happened. Overall, it feels like watching an all-22 version of a live game. The only thing that I preferred from the old sim was being able to see player stats mid-game, as I haven't been able to really find those so far. As for my player, I quite enjoy the simplified roles.

As for my favourite fields, I haven't really seen a live stream so far, but from watching replays I will say that I really like the Pythons home field (biased, I know). The green just works really well with the grass colour, and in particular the yard numbers are in a great font. I also quite like the Honolulu Hahalua's home field. It's just such a big contrast from every other home field (except for maybe Kansas City) that it really stands out from all the other green-shaded fields.

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - GoonerBear - 02-07-2021

PBE affiliate

RE: (S27) PT1 - First Impressions - Beebob - 02-07-2021

PBE PT