International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S27) PT2 - Host City - Kyamprac - 02-08-2021

(S27) PT2 - Host City

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S27 claim thread.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit.

We’ve had a number of incidences involving PT plagiarism. If you are caught stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

This task is due next Sunday, February 14, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option:  After this weekend's Super Bowl, it's hard not to think forward to the Ultimus and Ultimini Championships. If you could pick a location for this year's Championship games, where would it be and why? Would you deck out your own home team stadium with Ultimus/Ultimini decor, or would you pick a totally off the wall location? What would the half time show look like?

Graphic option: Create a graphic showing a stadium that has been decorated/prepared to host the Ultimus/Ultimini.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - SamTwoSix - 02-08-2021

PBE Affiliate, under different username (Sam)

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - ValorX77 - 02-08-2021

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - ZootTX - 02-08-2021

SHL affiliate

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - dogwoodmaple - 02-08-2021

For the Ultimus, there's only one city that comes to mind. The Empire City of the South, the City in a Forest, the City of Rebirth - Atlanta, Georgia. Not only does Atlanta have more than enough hotels to accommodate the tens of thousands of people who would flood the city, but the Mercedes-Benz Stadium is one of the crown jewels of next-generation stadiums in the entire country. Selfishly, I'm also choosing this because I live in Atlanta and there would be nothing better than winning an Ultimus with the Silverbacks in my own backyard. But there's also the fact that the South, and specifically the Southeast, is horribly underrepresented as far as franchises go and this location would be the perfect segue to any future expansion talks. We have great weather, an incredible infrastructure, and a rabid fanbase already built in our amazing city. We've hosted the Olympics, Super Bowls, Final Fours, and National Championships. The only thing we're missing is an Ultimus and it's simply a perfect fit to complete our resume. Plus, there's an obvious halftime show performance: OutKast. Atlanta's own, they would put on an incredible show and it would certainly be one for the ages. No matter which way you slice it, Atlanta would be a fantastic choice for players, coaches, fans, and viewers alike. It certainly doesn't hurt that the world's busiest airport is mere miles away from the stadium. Why pick anywhere else?

239 words

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Ephenssta - 02-08-2021

Since we are, after all, the International Simulation Football League (huge emphasis on INTERNATIONAL), why not mix things up a little bit more and hose the Ultimus and Ultimini games in an internationally renowned sporting venue? Why not host the games in the Roman Colosseum? It's the tallest still-standing amphitheater in the world, jam packed with history, and I'm sure could open the door to all sorts of fan engagement opportunities, such as only allowing people to enter the event if they wear an appropriate rendition of a toga. Or, perhaps, fans could be taught some chants in latin. Perhaps in the middle of the games, we could throw some lions into the mix just for fun? And, best of all, the halftime show has all sorts of options. We could have some tragic plays, gladiator fights, showcase some amazing animals, or flood the whole thing and have a naval battle. I know there are some logistical concerns such as the size of the venue, whether such a crowd may further damage an important historical artifact, what the locker rooms are like, why we are even planning on having fans in the stands n the midst of a devastating pandemic…but don’t worry. Just think about how much fun you’d have sipping wine in a toga while watching plays in a dead language during halftime and realize this is a great idea. Please also ignore the fact that my expansion bid is proposed to be in Rome and we would love to play an Ultimus on the home field…

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - bluesfan55 - 02-08-2021

shl pt: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=113967&pid=2984728#pid2984728

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - zeagle1 - 02-08-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Arvot - 02-08-2021

I would host the Ultimus in Glasgow. We scots are known for our hospitality and it would be the greatest party of all-time having everyone come over for the Ultimus. It would be hosted at the custom-built stadium I have just imagined in the beautiful surroundings of the Gorbals in the Southside of Glasgow. State of the art stadium that would get used for the upcoming expansion team the Glasgow Irn-Bruisers. The half time show could be one of the greats of Scottish music but this is my fantasy goddammit so I'm having the Cure as they are the greatest band of all time. There would be a week-long celebration with a fan area set up. Here there would be food stalls from independent Scottish food companies plus local breweries and distilleries. The players could go around the schools meeting kids and getting them involved in sport and there would be concerts every night with the best traditional and contemporary music Scotland has to offer. Glasgow would be the perfect host city as it has all the infrastructure needed to house and entertain a lot of visitors plus it is one of the most welcoming and characterful cities in the world.
Word count = 201

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Faelax - 02-08-2021

SHL Affiliate PT Claim