International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - zaynzk - 02-11-2021

whats up fools you know what im tired of??? Home teams playing in the ultimus; we need a neutral location were we can truly have an ultimus game, this can only be achieved through one massive idea from the mind of user zaynzk; MOOOOON DOME; yes i know expansion on the moon is a popular pick but i doubt that will happen anytime in the near future, but do you know what might happen?? MOON DOME; a place for championship games away from any home feild advantage; and can be used for huge occasions; tickets would be hella expensive for the MOON DOME; so they would make all the money invested back in a short time. This would also be a good option cause it allows the Intergalactic Simulation Football League supporters to have a way to test their hypothosis of the viability of space game on this stage. One thing that can make or break this idea is one; space travel, at this point in 2040 i hope we have a stong sense of cross planet transportation, but it is still expensive, so the ISFL needs to sign an exclusive deal with one company. secondly we need a anti gravity chamber that needs to allow for a real game of football to be played without any nonsense

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Cheech65 - 02-11-2021

As much as I'd like to see the Ultimus played in the Berlin Fire Salamanders home stadium, the Fire Pit. However, I think it would be more beneficial for the ISFL if it looked to a new city to host the Ultimus. With Berlin being the first city outside of North America to host and ISFL team, I think that the trend should continue. Granted, the London Royals and the Bondi Beach Buccaneers also play outside of the North American Market, but I think that another excellent venue can be found in Europe. I propose the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, Italy as the venue for this season's Ultimus. Originally constructed between 1927 and 1932, the stadium has been renovated and retrofitted over the years. It was originally called the Stadio dei Cipressi before being renamed the Stadio dei Centomila in 1953, after expansion pushed the capacity to 100,000 attendees. It was renamed again in 1960 when Rome hosted the Summer Olympics, as the stadium was used for the opening and closing ceremonies, as well as the athletics competitions. For the World Cup in 1990, the stadium was restructured once again. In 2008, the interior was restyled to become more modernized, and the stadium now boasts a capacity of over 70,000.

Historically, this stadium has been the site of major world-level competitions. It is currently used as the host stadium for the Italian National Rugby team when they host Six Nations events, as well as FIFA and UEFA matches over the years. If the ISFL wants to go truly international, I think offering Rome and the Stadio Olimpico the chance to host the Ulimus Championship this season is the way to go.

If they decline then Berlin would love to take on hosting responsibilites.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - KingSean - 02-11-2021

I would like to choose Boston as the host city of Ultimus and Ultimini Championships. Boston is a world-renowned city for its marvelous art museums, prestigious universities, historically significant sites, and its football team. When the players and the spectators come to Boston, they can enjoy a great lively city tour before and after the game. They can simply stroll along the sidewalks of inner Boston, and they could gain a lot of insights into Boston life, history, and the love for football. However, I also suggest the coming players to protect themselves well. Although generally, the Boston people are nice to tourists, it is not true that they will treat the players from the away team very well. I heard the story about Michael Jordan being poisoned by a pizza delivery in 1997 - the same thing could happen to any player from the away team. When they come to Boston, the players should protect themselves well by eating no local food. The players can just carry some burger and water from their own cities, and eat and drink throughout the journey. A great half-time show could be a Boston Marathon - inviting thousands of people to run around the stadium and shout to the sky. The scene would be wonderful and significantly boosts the morale of the two teams. It is better than any musician's live performance.

Words: 229

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Drip - 02-11-2021

Written Option

I think with this years ultimus and ultimini, we have to let people into the Fort Knox of the DSFL. I of course, mean Tijuana. Most likely, this years ultimini will end with Tijuana winning their 9th championship, so it's fitting that it's held there. The best part about the super bowl, aside from the game itself, was how big of a party it was afterwards. Could you imagine for second, and really get into this, how much of a banger it would be after a 9th Ultimini championship? I am talking about cars on fire, tacos stands everywhere, we'd probably have to borrow the drunk tanks from 3 towns over. The stadium would be filled with lucha masks and just the best smell. Tons of al pastor and carne asada. The atmosphere would be nothing short of electric. So why not keep the party going by hosting the ultimus there too? It never sucks to have more of a party. Halftime show wise, I would probably have a Spanish artist to keep with the culture. Possibly bringing back j-lo and Shakira. I would not be mad about that. Actually, I would want to bring in a true legend, Raini Rodriguez. So that's my take on where to bring the Ultimus and Ultimini this year.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - firstfray - 02-11-2021

Since I am only in the DSFL, I'll be talking about what I would do for the Ultimini championship. To spice things up, I would take the previous Ultimini championship winner and have the stadium be themed to them but still have the logos and decor of the current teams dueling it out in the Ultimini. So, lets take the current defending champions to start: the Bondi Beach Buccaneers. Since they are the Buccaneers, this years Ultimini will be played on a pirate ship! This would probably need to be a large galleon ship to house a full football field. The VIP tickets would get to sit on the pirate ship while the cheap tickets would be on some other ships next to the field. Every time a touchdown is scored, blanks would be fired out of the cannons and the pirates would swing down across the field. For the halftime show, there would be a pirate themed celebration with a twist to showcase the two championship teams. Playing on a pirate ship would be a large adjustment for most teams as there would be higher than average gusts of winds and with the constant rocking of the boat from the ocean, this is definitely not a game for the faint of heart. The winner gets to celebrate with confetti shooting out of the cannons while the loser would have to walk the plank!

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - mango8154 - 02-11-2021

Of course, ideally I would like the Ultimini championship to be held in Minnesota, for the Ducks to get a home game and win it in dominating fashion, with the halftime show being a chorus of quacking ducks parading about. However barring that option I would like the championship games to be held in a unique location not tied down to a team in the leagues.

Every championship game has been played either in the North America’s or in London so I’d like for the game to be played somewhere else, the English in me says to have it in England, another city could be picked like Manchester or Liverpool up in the north which will give a England game a unique feel compared to another London game, with the fans being magically passionate.

Although truly I would like a game to be played in a truly unique place, so for the Ultimus game I would pick Rio De Janeiro Brazil and for the Ultimini I would pick Johannesburg South Africa, both of these games would provide a great setting for these games. For the halftime shows the Ultimus can have a Brazilian festival vibe with Latin music, where the Ultimini game can have a halftime show that celebrates all of African culture in its entirety.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - iStegosauruz - 02-11-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Troen - 02-12-2021

prompt Wrote:After this weekend's Super Bowl, it's hard not to think forward to the Ultimus and Ultimini Championships. If you could pick a location for this year's Championship games, where would it be and why? Would you deck out your own home team stadium with Ultimus/Ultimini decor, or would you pick a totally off the wall location? What would the half time show look like?

The NFL tends to reward the super bowl to cities with new stadiums and aim for larger cities with sufficient airport/hotel space plus either indoor stadiums or warmer winter weather.
Going through the teams' cities, at first glance I think there are some obvious poor choices:
Yellowknife - not easy to get to, clearly doesn't have sufficient capacity, ultimus media crew might outnumber city residents
Berlin - Berlin has a famously poor airport situation despite being the German capital city. While on the one hand I could see the ISFL trying to pick Berlin to reward the first European ISFL team, I think I'd expect to see London as an Ultimini pick first and see how that works out logistically.

Cold weather choices that could be possible if circumstances line up:
New York - NYC has plenty of capacity but also plenty of cold weather at unpredictible times. I could see this being an option, especially since the newest ASFC expansion team is looking solid, but it doesn't seem like the most likely pick to me.
Chicago - I can't imagine the NFL selection team ever picking an outdoor Chicago stadium, but an indoor one would mesh well with a city that has plenty of hotels and good air connectivity.
Colorado - high altitude and could have a foot of snow at any point. Even an indoor stadium might be a bit risky for an Ultimus pick.
Philidelphia - similarly to NYC, could work with an indoor stadium but risky with an outdoor one.
Baltimore - usually less snow and a bit warmer than Philly/NYC, but similar concerns.

Cities with capacity/location concerns but which could work:
Honolulu - the westernmost stadium, but an attractive one for anyone who wants to stretch the Ultimus into a vacation. Long trip, but basically guaranteed to have good weather and plenty of hotels.
San Jose - including the greater San Francisco Bay area gives plenty of capacity, but SJC itself is a much smaller portion. Workable but might require some abnormally remote hotels.
Austin - smaller city than many others in the list, but SXSW shows the city can manage large crowds. 2 events at once probably would be too much, though, and lacks public transportation.
Sarasota - lacking its own airport and an hour or so drive from Tampa. Hotels capacity could be a concern, but driving from Tampa/St. Petersburg could be ok too.

Top picks:
Arizona - almost always good weather, proven location for historically exciting super bowls, seems like a great pick.
Orange County - 17 airports nearby, lots of hotels in the area, and all but guaranteed good weather. Traffic sucks, but still a good option.
New Orleans - proven super bowl city, lots to do, great food, and enough air/hotel capacity.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Kajuetenkalle - 02-12-2021

I got a more strategically orientated location: the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Africa will be the continent with the biggest population in worlds history in a very short time, with Nigeria overcoming China in most inhabitants in the world. 
First I concidered Abuja or Jos in Nigeria for hosting such a great event for winning the "next China" for this sport one the one hand and on the other hand to show the world that this big league thinks of uniting, not seperating any part of the world.
Many African Americans are playing in the NFL, millions of people are celebrating and admiring them, so it might be an interesting idea to bring the western hemisphere together with their roots which will happen in the future anyway in because of their growing economy, relationships to North America and the rest of the world and their developing infrastructure for own big events and athlete programms.
But then there was this thought on this "uniting" thing and it seems to be inadequate to host the finals in Nigeria because of their present infrastructure which would be a limiting aspect in travelling spectators from all over the world. Missing hotels, to some extend security, maybe some hygiene aspects and no big bar/club/pub/restaurant scene.
In Johannesburg you can invite the africans, it's more "european" in how the city looks and is organized and english is one of the official languages. The stadium is huge, modern and historically important for Mandela's first speech after prison.

The weather would'nt be a problem down there, time zone is not that different from central europe and the city is used to big international events like the Soccer World Cup in 2010 with thousands of international guests from Asia, Africa, Europe and North and South America.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - KamiCommie - 02-12-2021

PBE PT