International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Naosu - 02-14-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Lime - 02-14-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - frazzle14 - 02-14-2021

With the league looking for more international players/fans, what better way to attract some than by holding the championship games in different places around the world?

Now should it be in places that already have a strong football fan base, like the United Kingdom or Germany? Possibly but I believe they should take place in two very different stadiums in different parts of the world to try and drum up some interest in football.

The first stadium I’m going to suggest is The Float at Marina Bay in Singapore. Now why I have suggested this place? Because it is the only floating football stadium in the world. Yeah that’s right, it was built in the Marina reservoir and the pitch is floating on the water. The stadium has a capacity of 27,000 people who sit on a stand built on the waters edge and it has fantastic views of the pitch floating on the water in front of it. Any event that takes place here would be covered in the news extensively and would drum up a great amount of interest in the league.

My second stadium I’m going to suggest is Stadion Voždovac in Belgrade, Serbia. This stadium is also very unique as it was built on the top of a shopping centre. Why was this done? Who knows but it looks very cool. The capacity is only 5,200 so the live crowd won’t be too large but how many people would want to watch on TV as a field goal is hit off the roof and flying on to the road below? I would say quite a lot.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - moonlight - 02-14-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Briedaqueduc - 02-14-2021

SHL Affiliation

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Cklues - 02-14-2021

Biased as I am, I could say that the Ultimini should be held in Portland, at the Pythons stadium but I do believe that the championship should be at a neutral ground. Portland has a fantastic field with a wonderful mixture of green and black that evoke classic football feelings, but if (when) we make the Ultimini this year, we should not be given the advantage of having our own home field. As much as the fans of Portland would love to see this, it would not be fair. I would propose that the Ultimini be held at an ISFL stadium and the Ultimus to be held at one of the best DSFl stadiums. This would make the site completely neutral while also showing off the designs of our league. We could have a point task where you vote on a stadium for each respective championship and the winner would host the championship. An alternative to this would be to have a rotating set of fields every year but this would not encourage much competition because you would be guaranteed to host a championship and wouldn’t want to put in the effort to have your franchise stand above all the rest.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - xQCFamous - 02-14-2021

Would love to go international with this, its the biggest event of the year, we want everyone to tune in, lets bring it global and just get out of North America. Let's go somewhere nuts like Japan or even somewhere crazy like Scotland or something. A lot of sports limit themselves due to thinking there is a limited market but can you imagine the pop the fans give, the fuckin' arena shaking? They do it for soccer, so get out there for the untapped football market. I can just imagine the global attraction, the news coverage, everything. It would be one of the biggest events ever if you brought all of the fans together, the North American fans can come experience it in a whole other part of the world, and it would just be something magical. IF we were going to keep it to somewhere we know, why not bring it to Sunny San Diego, just a beautiful destination, gorgeous area to host games, would be a lot of fun. We also need to include some fun things for the fans and the people to do, like we need some host games or something, more than just a silly song or some shit, like we really need some creative ideas, think MEGA, outside of the box, get another sport involved even during the half-time show, you know? Like there needs to be something that makes Ultimus more than just another game, and another spectical with another half-time show. BRING THE HEAT.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - mithrandir - 02-14-2021

The Ultimus should be held in New Orleans, Louisiana this year. The Second Line’s stadium, The House of the Rising Sun, is one of the largest and most beautiful stadiums in the country. With a capacity of 117,363, ISFL fans from all over the country could travel to New Orleans and watch the game. The stadium has state of the art video screens and the best catering in the league. Known for its hospitality, excellent night life, cuisine, and music, New Orleans is the ultimate party destination. They host numerous parties, festivals, and events every year, including, mostly famously, Mardi Gras, of course! Fans and players could enjoy the unique Creole cuisine, chowing down on gumbo, jambalaya, and crawdads. Perhaps New Orlean’s greatest legacy is its music. New Orleans is the home of the most important genre of music in American history: jazz. Given how renowned the city is for its music, the halftime show would surely be one of the best in league history, featuring many of the best jazz musicians in the world. Brass marching bands could play in pregame, and during commercial breaks. New Orleans’ combination of great food, great music, and a state of the art stadium makes it the perfect destination for the Ultimus.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - ReverendOReily - 02-14-2021

Unlike the Tampa Bay Tom Bradys, I think it's a little strange to play the league's championship game in any team's home stadium, let alone the home stadium of a team that's participating in said championship game. Neutral sites are our friends, and there are some pretty great ones to choose from both in the real world and right next door in our imagination. I'm not going to suggest anything practical here, but I maintain that it is a damn fine idea: we should have the ultimus in Antarctica or Greenland or somewhere arctic af like that. No need to build a field (don't wanna go mucking up natural sites with a football field, plus I bet toting building materials out there is a pain in the ass), just play the game in the snow. Or on a tundra - both places have lots of wide open spaces. Paint 100 yards + endzones and call it a day. Ultimus football backyard style. Featuring:
-Penguin spectators (there are no plans to build seating for human spectators, but the ultimus planning committee hopes to mitigate this by inviting local wildlife to spectate the game, with the hopes of introducing the sport to them
-Icicle statue uprights. If your kicker breaks the statue, your team will be shamed on social media.
-Mongolian throat singing for the halftime show. No explanation needed, it's cool as shit. Plus, surely there's an overlap between football fans who are wiling to travel to the arctic for a game, and people who like mongolian throat singing.
-First ever televised ISFL game for the whimps who don't want to go to the arctic

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Sermokala - 02-14-2021

I think the best thing for Final games of the season is to have it at a neutral venue. Not just a neutral venue but something that is very foreign to both teams. In soccer I think the best example of this was the greatest champions league final, an event known as "one night in Instanbul". Its the 2000's but Istanbul sits on the very point where Europe cross's into Asia. It was a place no one on either team had probably been to before yet was still a very modern stadium. The stadium I would pick to replicate this would be the Estadio National De costa rice or the National stadium of Costa Rica. It is the first modern stadium built in central america and is in a friendly time zone for american audiences. A 35k seater may be very small for football fans in america but it is central america and the weather even in the early spring is going to be great. For Taste I think you can decorate the stadium in the colors of every team in the ISFL other than the two that are playing in it. For those two teams the decorations would come in the endzones which I would be fittingly split.

I'm over my words at this point but I got to put down this rant about half time shows. Jesus christ have they been terrible for so long I can't remember the last even good one. Lady gaga at least looked like she was putting effort into it but everything else has been either wildy overdone or so underwhelming I can't even. The problem is that they keep trying to book popular acts that are still willing to do it for free. There are a dozen legendary 80's rock bands that are doing their  post-retirement tours where they just play the hits and get out of there. Go get metalica AC DC or really anyone with a great heavy sound before they're dead. KISS would be by far the best choice. Those guys already do an incredibly produced act that has always been about the showmanship while having a great sound to it. Stop doing terrible popy acts that you're attempting to bring people in that don't care anyway.