International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - RedArrow12c - 02-08-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - z0rem - 02-08-2021

SHL Affiliate Post

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Hordle - 02-08-2021

SHL

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - ztarwarz - 02-08-2021

In their infinite wisdom, FIFA has decided to step in and has given the ISFL an idea of where they should play their Ultimus championship game: Siberia! Siberia in this future has become a decently thriving region due to its Ice exports, and perhaps slightly more importantly, Russia gave both the ISFL and FIFA a lot of money recently. Why the ISFL decided to put the championship game there in the dead of winter, nobody knows, but after the success of the 2024 World Cup in Qatar, with only 6 players dying of heatstroke in the entire event, everyone was surely excited to play in the below freezing temperatures of Siberia. As for the Ultimini, the bribe Donation only went so far, and thus Russia was not able to get the Ultimini there as well. It will instead be held in Alaska. Accusations of getting money from the United States to put the Ultimini there have not yet been substantiated, but let's be honest, we all know they received some. However, due to a few workers dying of Frostbite while trying to construct a stadium in Alaska in a matter of months, it is possible that the stadium's completion will be delayed to a season or two in the future, and the ISFL will have to go with its back up plan: giving home field advantage to the better team.

(230 Words)

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Menace0528 - 02-08-2021

If I had to choose a good place for the championship games, it would probably be somewhere in Hawaii. This is completely unrelated to the fact that there’s a team based in Honolulu, and more because of the location itself. First off, we can look at what irl football games have been held in Hawaii, and the two that come to mind are the Hawai’i bowl and the pro bowl (before it was moved). Before it was moved, one of the main selling points for the pro bowl was that it was basically a free trip to Hawaii with your family, which meant that when you weren’t playing football, you got to enjoy the beaches and the oceans and such. The other game is the Hawai’i bowl, which is known for how chill it is. It’s been described as just like a bunch of people having fun and there just happens to be football there. They’d have things like cheap drinks/food, archery competitions, and all in all just a relaxed enviroment that I feel would be perfect for the championship games. As well, there’s a bunch of hawaiian football players (the most well known IRL being Tua and Marcus Mariota), which means that a hawaiian football player would get to visit Hawaii while going to the championship game, which is honestly pretty cool.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - slothfacekilla - 02-08-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - AW13 - 02-08-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - FootballIsCool - 02-08-2021

SHL Affiliate PT Claim  Different site user name: Hockeyiscool

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Dagumpa - 02-08-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - LancedJack - 02-08-2021

i think we all know precisely where I'd host it if given the chance and that's clearly Listowal, Ontario. Can you imagine hordes of rabid ISFL fans defending on a town with a population of 5000 people? Can you imagine the carnage? The degradation for human life and decency? The untold thousands injected into the local economy? I think it's safe to say that Listowal wouldn't know what hit it. Whilst I think it would be nice to see it decked out in the "home" teams colours for whoever was in the Ultimini, I think that would be doing Listowal a disservice. Therefore my recommendation would be that they be provided the orange and black of the home team Listowal Cyclones. Albeit they are a hockey team so some creative license may need to be taken with the logo but that could be worked on. As for the half time show, you dare not ask. It's going to be timbits hockey, the BEST hockey that anyone can possibly hope for. Oh what? You want fights? And goals? And competent skating? No. A half time show needs a referee skating with two children under arm and putting them in their respective goals as they drift far too far away from where they actually should be. Listowal for the Ultimini.