International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Tesla - 02-09-2021

This is an excellent point task and I have an idea for the location that is almost certainly completely outlandish, but while a strange idea I think it could gain some traction. First is the actual city we will build the new stadium in and that is Tuktoyaktuk, Canada which is the midway point between the easternmost team and the westernmost team based on my knowledge of the teams. According to Wikipedia it has a population of less than a thousand, however it is also surprisingly popular in pop culture which makes up for that in my eyes. Reason I pick it is solely for the sake of simplicity by going with a middle location of the teams that have the greatest distance to travel.

It is a totally off the wall location and they currently lack a gridiron football stadium, but that just means we can make one ideally suited for the Ultimus and Ultimini. My idea is since we have two championships on the same day that we should have them play at the same time. A two story stadium that can have the Ultimus on one floor and the Ultimini on the other floor. That way we can have them both play simultaneously. If that would be too difficult though I would also settle for a mega sized dome that has the two fields side by side similar to a set of indoor tennis courts.

My idea for a halftime show might be inappropriate, however this is my point task and so I am going with it anyway. It would simply be Spongebob's Sweet Victory over a burning effigy of Maroon 5. Then Bruno Mars would come out to perform Uptown Funk solely because I love the idea of him singing too hot while standing next to a burning effigy.

Code:
Word Count: 303

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - TMosura - 02-09-2021

[Image: Banner.png]

[Image: Mockup.png]

[Image: Field.png]

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Bayley - 02-09-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - excelsior - 02-09-2021

I think it's about time we built a stadium in Antarctica. It's a great location with some great scenery, and it's also very cold. Everyone loves football games played in cold weather, and all these old folks keep yapping about how those conditions are where football was meant to be played. The Ice bowl was the coldest game on record played, but we could easily smash that if we played in Antarctica. The stadium we built would have no heaters, as we're trying to make it as football-like as possible. Everyone should be freezing their asses off, it would make for a great spectacle during the game. There's not going to be any locker rooms, so players have nowhere to go for halftime. Hopefully they can get acclimated to it. For the halftime show I think it's about time we got Adele in here. For no other reason than everyone just absolutely adores Adele and her music. Everyone, and I mean everyone, can listen to her songs and like it. No matter if your preferred music taste is classical, country or drill. An Adele halftime performance in an Arctic stadium would be awesome. The question is, how are we going to dress up Adele?

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Booger - 02-09-2021

I've always thought home field advantage in the Ultimus is a stupid concept, so I would be in favor of moving the game to a more neutral city in order for a more inherently fair game to take place. If I had to choose a location for the game to be played this season, I would choose Honolulu. Hawaii is the perfect vacation getaway spot, which would allow for both teams to transition overnight from football mode to vacation mode and would therefore reduce overall transportation cost and improve team morale. Also, the Hahalua are an expansion team, meaning their stadium can't be much older than the team itself, which means their facilities are high-quality and would allow for the two Ultimus teams to prepare in state-of-the-art facilities in the weeks leading up to the game. Furthermore, the scenery around the stadium is beautiful, which improves the overall quality of the television broadcast. In terms of entertainment, since the Sailfish will be there without a doubt, I'm sure everyone would be willing to watch frost come out in a traditional Hula outfit and do a little dance for us all. In short, Honolulu would be the perfect location for this season's Ultimus game.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - EzraYeet - 02-09-2021

For the Ultimus and Ultimini, I believe that the best city to host them would be at the center of the bay area, in the great city of San Francisco. Not only does San Francisco have a large population, it is a center of culture and diversity, and would surely attract many fans. While San Francisco does not have a major stadium, there are plenty of minor stadiums to choose from that could easily be outfitted for large game like the Ultimus. Another perk to hosting the Ultimus in San Francisco would be that with so many historic landmarks, the players could have plenty of fun sightseeing before the game. San Francisco is also an easily marketable area, and profits for each game would be off the charts. As for the halftime show, I believe that it should have a unique spin on it. Halftime shows have almost always been flashy singers or dancers and shiny outfits, so why not give the fans a change? While there isn't any specific person or group that I would like to see perform, I think that it would be a nice change if there was a comedian or some other non-singing performer at the halftime show.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Reno - 02-09-2021

SHL PT Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - StadiumGambler - 02-09-2021

The location for the Ultimus would obviously have to be New York, as New York in the main character of life when it comes to cities, and every single event has its prestige amplified by being in New York. Ultimini should be in Dallas, as its the most prestigious city in the DSFL ranks.

I would gold-plate the stadium from both the outside and inside, in order to increase the glitz and style of the event (Ultimini would be done in silver trim.) The endzones would be changed from the team design to a league-centered design, unless Dallas or New York made it to the big game, in which case I'd focus on the team logo and barely mention the other team.

For the Ultimus halftime show I would go with Post Malone. He's one of the first names I'd see in the latest Billboard Top 10 list, and as the ignorant football league executive I am, I'd just assume that the entire world would approve of him getting the nod. For the Ultimini halftime show, I would go with some random rock band that unintentionally fit the football demo better, and have them play Sweet Victory to satisfy those stupid-ass internet memers that think a song about victory is appropriate for a sporting event where two teams try to obtain victory.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - supertardis101 - 02-09-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - deadlunatic - 02-09-2021

Easy choice. Let's have the Ultimus in Yellowknife where it belongs. We can give our fans the show they deserve, and our opponents the cold beating the deserve. We would decorate the place up big, with a huge highlight feature of our current trophy the center piece as a celebration and intimidation factor. Of course we would have normal decorations as well. Half time show is a bit harder as there are so many ways you could go with those. I say let's do it big and go for as many good artists as we can. Who cares if their styles mesh, or if they even get along at all, more is always better, right? Let's start with Corey Taylor(front man for Slipknot, Stone Sour and CMFT), let's add in Machine Gun Kelly, Snoop Dogg(because why not?), Motionless in White(one of my favorite bands), Ava Max, Ariana Grande and AJR. That should make for a show of some sort. How well will they all come together, what songs will they even sing, does that part even matter? You know there is something there for just about everyone, and to be honest if you can't enjoy any one of these acts, then who really cares what you think? All that matters is we celebrate another Wraiths victory in style in front of our frozen snowmen fans!