International Simulation Football League
*Colorado Yeti Interviews - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Colorado Yeti Interviews (/showthread.php?tid=2987)

*Colorado Yeti Interviews - TheMemeMaestro - 08-05-2017

I, Jeffrey Andrews, Colorado Yetis beat reporter, has recently had the pleasure of talking with many members of the Colorado Yetis organization. I started off with Boss Tweed, the Running Back of the team.
JA: How did it feel to be passed up 98 times before finally landing with the Yetis?

BT: It felt pretty discouraging since I was unsure how I would fit in the league and it seemed like teams were not very interested in me. I wasn't expecting to go too high in the draft but it was pretty rough falling to the 17th round. It was also tough from a positional standpoint since most teams already had two running backs, so I was unsure if I would get any playing time wherever I got drafted.

JA: How has that fueled you to become the great player that you are today?

BT: It gave me a desire to prove everybody wrong. I wanted to show the GMs that had passed on me that they missed out on a great player and I wanted to reward the Yeti for believing in me. I realized that if I worked hard and put in as much time as possible at practice each week, I could become better than every running back drafted ahead of me. The Yeti were impressed by my work ethic and made sure to give me chances to play, so I made sure to use each carry as a chance to prove that I could be one of the best running backs in the league.

JA: Moving on to your career after the draft, How do you feel the powerful combination of you and Logan Noble, the star quarterback, has worked for the team?

BT: I think that combination has been a huge asset for us on offense. Often when a team has a good running back, opposing teams will stack the box with defenders to stop the run. However, if they try to do that against the Yeti, they will get burned by Noble. Similarly, if they try to put extra defenders in coverage, they leave themselves open to get burned by me on the ground. Our combination of a strong ground game and a powerful aerial attack allows us to force defenses to keep guessing and enables us to switch seamlessly between offensive strategies when needed which makes us one of the most dangerous offenses in the league.

JA: Final Question. You were a part of that great team that made it all the way to the championship game. Unfortunately, you were unable to win the game. How special was that experience for you and your team, and how does it push you guys for this season?

BT: On a personal level, it was a crazy experience. During the draft, I was unsure if I would even have playing time during the season. Then I went on to get major playing time on a team that made it to the championship, which was crazy to think about early on. It was also a huge experience from a team perspective. Before the season, most people picked the Wraiths to win the conference instead of us. In the last game of the season, most people had the Wraiths beating us in our own house to win the season. We proved them wrong. Again in the playoffs, most people picked the Wraiths even though the game was in Colorado. We proved them wrong again. In a way, we learned to thrive from others doubting us and proving them wrong. The whole process inspired us to play better and it helped us grow closer together as a team. Unfortunately we still came up short and did not win the championship. However, it gave us a mission going forward. We still have unfinished business in the championship. We entered this season with one of the strongest rosters in the league adding one of the best rookie classes in the league. Then something familiar happened. Draft grades started under rating our rookie class. The Wraiths were heavily favored to win the NSFC. Once again people are starting to doubt us. We're entering this season with a chip on our shoulder and we're planning to go all the way this year.

JA: Thank you for your time.

Next I was able to speak with the new general manager of the Yeti, Chet Fisch

JA: Thank you for joining me Mr. Fisch

CF: Thank you very much for having me

JA: As the new GM of the Yeti, there must be a lot of pressure to bring this team back to the championship. What are your expectations for this team and why?

CF: You're right, I reckon I have quite a bit on my plate. Following up the work of Leon Overholt and Carson Shmyr is no easy task. Having made it to the Ultimus Cup in season 1, it could very easily go downhill for me at this point. However, it is my honor to be a leader in this organization and alongside my partner Mike Norton, we feel very equipped to handle what we're here to do and that is to put the Yeti in contention for a chip. The locker room atmosphere here is great, the players have given us both warm welcomes and we have a number of valuable resources on this team. I would say Norton and I are in a very good situation though, thanks mostly to the solid foundation built by Overholt and Shmyr.

JA: Your predecessor, Leon Overholt, made his final decision before handing the reigns over to you claiming Offensive Lineman Antonio Sandoval off waivers. Based on his play in his first 2 games, how do you feel about that decision?

CF: I love the move and if it were my call to make, I wouldn't have done any differently. Getting active OL in Colorado has been a high priority, and I am glad to add someone with real talent such as Antonio Sandoval. He is showing a lot of promise so far for such a young guy. I can see him possibly working his way to a starting position as one of our anchors at RT and possibly LT eventually if he keeps his work ethic up. He is looking like a guy we'd work towards bringing back here for the future, as well. Great locker room presence so far, something we love and value very much.

JA: Who would you say is the locker room leader of this team?

CF: It's hard to just pick one guy, but I would say Fuego Wozy at this point. He has been active in the locker room since day 1 and is a very lovable teammate.

JA: What is your opinion on this rookie class?

CF: I couldn't be happier with them. We've seen all of them getting involved early and often so far. Steve Austin had a huge fumble recovery recently, Roman Thomas converted one of his interceptions into a pick-6, Blaster Blade is disruptive and getting a lot of pressure alongside fellow rookie DE playing NT right now, Big Bot. Jon Ross scored twice with just 4 receptions in our first couple games. Maybe the most impressive addition to this team however, is Gadget Tech. Tech is certainly doing his thing getting pancakes and protecting the QB with 16 pancakes and only 1 allowed sack thus far. Despite a bit of a slow start to the season, Torque Lewith has since shown good recovery and has been a big factor in our defense's success recently in the passing game. For a former QB he is looking fantastic at safety after the switch. We have utilized these players in a great way and we're seeing it pay off right now. Leon, Carson, and their scouts did a great job in the draft and ultimately set this team up for a good amount of future success.

JA: Final Question, What is it like being the GM for such a great duo in Logan Noble and Boss Tweed?

CF: So far it has been very rewarding, with my first 2 games as GM being big wins here in Colorado. These two players are obviously very special talents. I would love to figure out how to build the optimal offense around our franchise QB Logan Noble while leaving a pretty large portion for our bell cow Boss Tweed. Logan is currently the most talented player in the entire league, and his stats aren't consistently reflecting that. This is problematic in my opinion, and as we speak, the front office here is at the drawing board putting in a lot of work. This is something we will get right, and when everything finally clicks, the league is going to see an even bigger monster emerge.

CF: You're welcome, it was my pleasure!

Next up I got to speak with.new Assistant GM Mike Norton.

JA: How do you feel about the season so far and what are your expectations for the year?

MN: I'm pretty satisfied with our start so far. We're 3-1 and just won two games against two very good teams. I think we had some missed opportunities in Week 1 and it would have been great to beat the Wraiths on the road, but we're still in excellent position at this point in the season. Given the talent level of our roster, I can't say I'll be satisfied with any outcome other than a championship. We have a great group of players and have played very well so far so I think we definitely have the potential to return to the championship this year and come away with a win this time.

JA: Looking beyond this year to the future, what do you feel about the youth on this team and prospects in the S3 draft?

MN: I'm very excited about the future of this team. Our rookies have been some of our biggest contributors this year and have been great presences in the locker room. They've fit together very well with our current roster and I think this group will be one of the best teams in the league for a long time. I'm also very excited about the idea of adding even more talent in the Season 3 draft. Some of the Season 3 players have already been very active and look like they will be great contributors in the future. Our biggest need right now is offensive line and it looks like offensive line is one of the strongest position groups in the Season 3 draft, so I think we will have a great opportunity to make our team even better.

JA: Who do you feel has been a breakout star for the team this year, someone no one was expecting, but has far exceeded expectations?

MN: One player who I think has taken some people by surprise is safety Roman Thomas. I remember some draft grades were skeptical about the Yeti choosing him as the first safety off the board and claimed that they had other safeties rated higher on their board. Thomas has already started proving the critics wrong as he has gotten off to a great start this season, especially against the Legion when he caught two interceptions in one game. I think Thomas is going to be one of the best safeties in the league soon.

JA: On the flip-side, who do you believe is under performing this season?

MN: I'm a little surprised that Logan Noble has more interceptions in touchdowns at this point in the season. However, I'm not too worried about him right now. I think he's the best quarterback in the league and I think his stats should even back out to reflect that as the season goes on. I think that the biggest issue for him is that he has been under a lot of pressure and has not had much time to throw the ball. Our recent acquisition of Antonio Sandoval should help us to improve our pass protection a lot, which I think will enable Noble to get back on track and remind everybody that he is the best quarterback in the league.

JA: Of course, last year the team lost in the Ultimus Cup, do you believe this team is better than last years, and that they can bring a Cup to Colorado?

MN: Yes, we already had one of the top teams in the league and we added an excellent rookie class. I think we had enough talent to win a championship last season. We started out 6-1 but then faltered and finished 2-5. I think after our hot start we got too confident and lost focus. I think that experience will be huge for us this season as we will be more determined to remain on track and not let up once we start out strong. Our regular season slump cost us home field advantage in the championship game last year, so I think if we stay more focused this year we still have the talent to finish with the best record and gain home field advantage, which will be a key to our winning a championship. After the disappointment of coming up short last year, all of the players are on a mission and I think this team is very capable of winning a championship.

I was able to get a word in with the rookie Wide Receiver Jon Ross.

JA: Thank you for joining me.

JR: No Problem.

JA: How is the transition from Canada and Canadian football to the US and American football?

JR: It's been pretty easy honestly! I mean, at the end of the day it's pretty much the same game. There are a few yardage differences and some minor rule variations but it's mostly the same. My job is still to catch the ball and run as fast as I can whether I'm playing Canadian or American football.

JA: Not being a top pick, how does it feel being picked in the 6th round, to now being a key part of the Yeti offense?

JR: I think it's a testament to just how deep and talented this recent crop of rookies are. To be able to pick a player that can have an immediate impact in the 6th round is crazy in any sport. As for myself, I was kind of hoping to go a little higher but I was more than happy to fall if it meant I got to fit in better with the team that picks me. Colorado had lost a few receivers during the offseason so they needed to restock and it gave me a chance to step up and play right away. At the end of the day though your draft position just doesn't matter. It won't help you get your name on the championship banner.

JA: How is the transition between GM's affecting this team?

JR: It really hasn't affected us negatively at all. Our previous GMs cared immensely about the team and did everything they could for us. It was unfortunate circumstances that made it so they had to step aside. That said, the new management team has been very quick in continuing the previous team's work. We have won our first 2 games under their guidance and the team really doesn't seem to have missed a beat.

JA: Final Question, What is it like working with Logan Noble, and why do you think he is struggling this season?

JR: Logan Noble is one of the most talented Quarterbacks I have ever played with, bar none. He is having a bit of a tough time getting passes off but when he does he is very reliable.. We just need to tighten up around him a little and give him the time he needs to make a play. He is one of the smartest guys out there hands down. If we set him up for success, he will succeed. As the season goes on and he gets used to some of his new teammates and the new system, his numbers will go up. I guarantee it.

Next up I got to speak with breakout star rookie Safety Roman Thomas.

RT: Thanks for having me here. It's my pleasure.

JA: After being selected with the 15th pick in the draft, expectations are somewhat high. You have managed to live up to them. How have you gone about having such a great season so far?

RT: Dedication would be the main reason. I've been extrememly dedicated to prove myself to the league and the make sure the Yeti know they chose the right person. After the draft, my selection was highly questioned of being a reach and that I wouldn't be worth that high of a pick. So I've been more dedicated than ever to help this team win and prove I was the right choice.

JA: You have come in as a rookie and become one of the anchors of the best defense in the league, including 2 INT's in one game. That's absolutely remarkable. What makes this defense so great?

RT: I think a lot of it comes from our front 7. Our Dline and LB's are phenomenal and do such a wonderful job of setting the tempo for the game. With such amazing players in front of me it makes my job so much easier on the back end. Our league lowest 45 points against right now should be a testament to how amazing those guys have been playing every game.

JA: Speaking of that 2 INT game, how did it feel to have such a great moment in only your 3rd game?

RT: It was wonderful. I came in a waiver claim last season for the Otters and played a few games but I think I managed one sack and a handful of tackles. To be able to actually contribute and do my job was great to me. To be able to actually get some interceptions and even a pick six out in one game was like a dream. I want to be a playmaker for this team and make the big plays we need to turn the momentum of games or to put games away, so finally doing what I should have been was a very ecstatic feeling for me.

JA: You mentioned your time with the Orange County Otters, How has that experience shaped your career?

RT: I think it helped a lot. I have nothing but nice things to say about the organization. They helped me grow as a player and gave me a shot to be in the league. While I was sad that things didn't work out for me to return during the draft I think I've found a new home in Colorado. While Orange Country helped get me into the league I feel like the Yeti can allow me to take that next step and be the best player I can be. I will however be forever grateful to Orange County and the great players that were and are still there.

JA: Being drafted to a team that made it to the Ultimus Cup game last year is a luxury, do you believe that this rookie class they have brought in is good enough to put them over the hump?

RT: I definitely think so. The Yeti had one of the strongest drafts in my opinion and found a lot of gems that will help this team not only this season but for many to come. It was a tough loss for Colorado last season and I think I can speak for all the rookies when I say that we want to help soothe that pain this season and do whatever we can to help these guys get that championship.

JA: You are a member of that strong rookie class, who have you bonded with the most out of the rookies, and who out of the veterans?

RT: I think I've bonded most with Steve Austin and Big Bot so far when it comes to rookies. Those guys are great and I have loved being on a team with them. Theres been a lot of veterans who have been great here and its hard to choose any. That being said if I had to choose a few it would be Fuego Wozy and Kendrick Hendrix. Both have been tremendous leaders on and off the field and I think anyone in the league would be lucky to call them teammates or even friends.

JA: Final Question, The Yeti Co-GM Mike Norton said that you were the surprising breakout star for the team. How does being praised from management make you feel?

RT: It's an amazing feeling. The only thing I want to do in this league is help my team succeed and win and I think I'm doing a pretty good job if management is taking notice. Hopefully anything I can give this team mixed with all the great players we have is enough to put us over the edge and allow us to take home the championship this season.

I was able to speak with Fuego Wozy, Yeti defensive end.

JA: Thanks for joining me.

FW: My pleasure.

JA: You have been described as a "locker room leader" by the Yeti Co-GM. Do you agree with his statement, and how does praise from management make you feel?

FW: I want to keep my teammates motivated and do their best. I want everyone to enjoy the game no matter what is the situation. We were very close to win the championship last season. Everyone was feeling sad after our loss but I knew the only way we could get better is to not give up and to work harder. When the offseason started, The management called me as soon as it started. They believe with my leadership I could help the team to win the championship. They praised me a lot and I was so happy hear from them and that's why I signed an extension.

JA: You are a member of the best defense in the league. What has made this defense such a special group?

FW: I don't really know how to explain. We have known each other since day 1 and we've become best friends. But one think we have in common is we are very competitive. We work our ass off every day in practice to get better and better. Everyone on our team want to be the best player. But we also want to be the best together and what make us different from the rest. Teamwork.

JA: Final Question, how can this team continue to show the success it has in the early parts of this season?

FW: I know we have beat the outlaws and the wraiths but it's too early to celebrate now. We just have to keep what we do everyday, getting better it.

The most... interesting interview I did was with rookie DT Big Bot.

BB: APPRECIATION COMPUTER NOISES

JA: How will your recent position change from Defensive end to Nose Guard affect your play?

BB: BIG BOT'S PROGRAMMING HAS BEEN ADJUSTED TO MAKE THIS CHANGE MINIMAL. BIG BOT WILL STILL BE ABLE TO DEVOUR QUARTERBACKS FROM ANY POSITION ON THE FRONT 3.

JA: How will this great rookie class of the Yeti help the team?

BB: ROOKIES ARE FILLING IN MANY STARTING STARTING POSITIONS. IN WEEK TWO, ROMAN THOMAS AND JON ROSS PUSHED US TO WIN, BY MY CALCULATION. AND THE SEASON 2 ROOKIES WILL BE AROUND FOR A LONG TIME.

JA: What is it like to be a part of the best defense in the league?

BB: SIMILIE ENGINE BOOTING... READY... PLAYING FOR THE YETI'S DEFENSE IS LIKE.... GOOD.

JA: What changes and additions could management make to improve the team?

BB: MORE COMPUTER CALCULATIONS AND BRING BACK GOONEY

JA: Who is your favorite player on the Yeti, Rookie and Veteran?

BB: ROOKIE PLAYER IS JON ROSS. HE FIXED MY PROGRAMMING. VETERAN PLAYER IS LOGAN NOBLE. JUST KIDDING HAHA. HE IS A QUARTERBACK. I KILL QUARTERBACKS.

JA: Final question, Can you calculate the amount of wins the Yeti will have, and their percent chance of winning the Ultimus Cup?

BB: BIG BOT'S CALCULATIONS GUARANTEE THAT THE YETI WILL END THE SEASON AS A ONE LOSS TEAM WITH THE ULTIMUS CUP.

JA: Thank you for your time. Shut down interview functions.

My next interview was with Cornerback Phillipe Carter.

JA: Than you for joining me.

PC: You're quite welcome!

JA: Let's start of with last season, your rookie year. Being drafted so high, the first cornerback to be drafted in the NSFL at 3rd overall, the expectations were high. Do you feel you have lived up to them and why or why not?

PC: The Yeti's defense is so good that it's really hard to set yourself apart from the rest of the guys. However, I think that as a 3rd overall, you're expected to do a lot more than I have. I do my best to justify being selected this high, and as you said, before any other corner back, but I can't help feel like I have not lived up to the rank where I was selected. I'm not a league leader, hell not even a team leader, in any category. I'm a team first kind of guy so I just want to help the team but I wonder if the Yeti couldn't have drafted a more impressive player with that 3rd overall pick.

JA: You spoke of the great Yeti defense, what is it like to be a part of such a well-oiled machine, the best defense in the league.

PC: It's great. We're not the team that scores the most and sometimes we even have to rely on our kicker of all people to win games. It's really comforting to know that we have an amazing defense to count on and keep us in the game long enough to score those few points that will make a difference between a win or a loss.

JA: You were a part of the team that made the Ultimus Cup last year, but lost. How has that experience shaped you to be better, and what are your expectations for the team this year?

PC: Obviously when you make it all the way and end up losing, it leaves you wanting more. I'm expecting a lot from our team this season, and actually, every guy on the team is. Doing good every night is not enough for us anymore. We only have the Ultimus Cup on our mind.

PC: Any time!

My final interview was the one I was most excited to do. I sat down with Quarterback Logan Noble.

LN: Thanks for having me.

JA: The beginning of this year, while being successful for the team, has not been as successful for you? How can you improve, why have you been struggling, and how does the team succeed while you are not?

LN: I've been struggling with moving the ball. I find one issue I've been presented with is often not having the time to move it before being sacked, which is an issue our management should look to fix by upgrading at offensive line. I've been working on my speed and footwork in order to try and evade rushers, but so far it hasn't helped enough to make a big difference.

JA: The management has made it a priority to protect you and is looking for good pass blocking Offensive Lineman. Do you feel as though that will help you, and they are justified in their search?

LN: One hundred percent, this is the advances that I'm looking for from our managerial department. If a move like this can be made we will be indefinitely stronger in our passing game.

JA: You have been praised by everyone I have spoken to so far. How does your reputation affect your status in the locker room?

LN: I think I'm known as a hard worker for this team and league wide. I've put in my hours and the reputation is just something you get out of it. In terms of affecting my locker room status, I guess it's put on display in my role as the Offensive Captain for they Yeti this year. I've dedicated myself to making this team as good as I can, and this is just my little part of the puzzle.

JA: How do you feel about the strong duo of you and Running Back Boss Tweed?

LN: Tweed has been absolutely amazing this season, and should flourish after stepping out from under Luke Tiernan and having to share less balls with only one running back this season instead of one. When it comes to running plays, only a small amount of the effort is put in by me, so this one is all on BT. He's been playing fantastically for us this season and I'm looking forward to seeing more from him in the near future.

JA: You were a part of the team that made the Ultimus Cup game, however, you unfortunately lost. How does that push you to get better and what are your expectations for the team this season?

LN: My biggest expectation for the boys is just that we drive ourselves back into the Ultimus Cup Championship Game. We've been there before and we faces the pressure after a disappointing loss to the Arizona Outlaws and this is just our season to prove that we can and will be the best in the NSFL.

Thank you to all the people that were willing to be interviewed.
(5000)

GRADED

*Colorado Yeti Interviews - loco - 08-05-2017

Great work! Big Grin

*Colorado Yeti Interviews - PigSnout - 08-06-2017

Great article! I had fun participating in it. Also, most veteran users don't even write articles this long, so this is really impressive for somebody who just joined a few days ago :cheers:

*Colorado Yeti Interviews - deadendpath27 - 08-06-2017

Loved it, man. I'm glad to have helped contribute to this, and super impressed by your work ethic so far!

*Colorado Yeti Interviews - Noble - 08-06-2017

Stay active like this and you're a dead lock to go first round Big Grin

*Colorado Yeti Interviews - loco - 08-06-2017

(08-05-2017, 09:16 PM)Noble Wrote:Stay active like this and you're a dead lock to go first round Big Grin
actually he should stop writing articles so the yeti can be sure to grab him Big Grin

*Colorado Yeti Interviews - jparks98 - 08-06-2017

Haha I Love It Maggle!

*Colorado Yeti Interviews - TheWoZy - 08-06-2017

(08-05-2017, 11:51 PM)loco Wrote:Great work! Big Grin

That doesn't sound like BIG BOT :hmm: