International Simulation Football League
State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Sim Info (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=476)
+--- Thread: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. (/showthread.php?tid=29881)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - deadlunatic - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 03:56 PM)Oles Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 03:33 PM)DatSmolBoi Wrote: Yeah this is too long to read where is the tdlr

TLDR is they spent 800 hours, made a shit load of spreadsheets, and still didn't test enough to actually fix issues but instead focused on making sure WRs wouldn't get 2k yards. Meanwhile we see egregious issues like DPI,  penalties and all that are just now being fixed even though the sim team spent a lot of time in it.

@Oles
Somebody seems butthurt about something. Cut them some slack, I didn't hear about you doing anything to help? Other than complaining in a thread where they are trying to let us know they are still actively working on fixing issues....

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - mithrandir - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 03:33 PM)DatSmolBoi Wrote: Yeah this is too long to read where is the tdlr

TLDR is they spent 800 hours, made a shit load of spreadsheets, and still didn't test enough to actually fix issues but instead focused on making sure WRs wouldn't get 2k yards. Meanwhile we see egregious issues like DPI,  penalties and all that are just now being fixed even though the sim team spent a lot of time in it.
Wow. If you're going to complain at least make one factual statement or valid criticism. 
1. They focused on QB stats realism, meaning they spent no time making sure receivers got 2k. 
2. Penalty issues have nothing to do with archetypes, game planning, or strategy elements tested which were the obvious priorities.
3. In-game penalty logic is not really something one has a lot of control over. I applaud them for finding a decent solution to this DPI issue and enacting it quickly.

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - siddhus - 02-10-2021

this thread got aggresive real quick.

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - infinitempg - 02-10-2021

Please make sure there is a note for all future league simmers and streamers that the Penalties.xml file is replaced on their computer!!

As for the rest - unfortunately mistakes and oversights will come up. Major games by big developers also have issues on day 1 after many many hours of testing, so why don’t we expect those here? The sim transfer team is trying their best, and they don’t get paid real money for all their time. While an eye towards constructive criticism is always good, I think it’s important to appreciate all the hard work the team put in to make the experience as enjoyable as possible.

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - JPach - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 04:53 PM)infinitempg Wrote: Please make sure there is a note for all future league simmers and streamers that the Penalties.xml file is replaced on their computer!!

Don't worry, it's all in the sim team section of the discord.

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - infinitempg - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 05:00 PM)JPach Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 04:53 PM)infinitempg Wrote: Please make sure there is a note for all future league simmers and streamers that the Penalties.xml file is replaced on their computer!!

Don't worry, it's all in the sim team section of the discord.

I miss that section of the Discord

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - Oles - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 04:31 PM)deadlunatic Wrote:

@Oles
Somebody seems butthurt about something. Cut them some slack, I didn't hear about you doing anything to help? Other than complaining in a thread where they are trying to let us know they are still actively working on fixing issues....

You're right, I didn't help because I didn't have the time to help, the sim to help, nor the desire at this point. I've done plenty to help the league in the past, things like being the only person running the DSFL, simming it, streaming it, having full control over it during the worst recruiting periods of the league (in which I had 0 control over despite being the person running their first introduction to the league). I've spent over a year of my life working diligently to help the sim league, even during the worst times of the league. You're damn right I'm gonna be upset when I see constant issues with the sim that could have been worked through before the switch. The issues that have arisen would have been seen in testing, especially if they had watched any of the games like they are presented to us. I didn't see you doing anything to help either so by what you've said you have no room to call anyone out on the matter

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - Memento Mori - 02-10-2021

Thanks for doing this. Appreciate you addressing running backs and receivers, but there's a few other notable issues so far IMO.

Is a fix for mobile/scrambler QBs being worked on? At the moment they're really bad and so all fourteen ISFL QBs are using one of the same three archetypes (there's actually less diversity than in DDSPF16 at the moment).

We're seeing far more fumbles than in the previous sim (and compared with the NFL), is this intended? Any plans to adjust competitiveness or another attribute involved with causing fumbles/retaining possession of the ball?

As others have mentioned, some positions (most notably safety) seem to be performing below par individually/statistically compared with other position groups, are there any plans to address safety/other maligned positions?

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - Oles - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 04:41 PM)mithrandir Wrote:

Wow. If you're going to complain at least make one factual statement or valid criticism. 
1. They focused on QB stats realism, meaning they spent no time making sure receivers got 2k. 
2. Penalty issues have nothing to do with archetypes, game planning, or strategy elements tested which were the obvious priorities.
3. In-game penalty logic is not really something one has a lot of control over. I applaud them for finding a decent solution to this DPI issue and enacting it quickly.

1. I said they were focused on making sure WRs weren't getting 2k yards, not that they made sure they would get 2k yards. 
2. Penalties are still a part of the sim and should take some time to be noticed, the original sim we used had issues with it that were not fixable, but they should have known to lookout for the penalties and see if there was a fix for it. Penalties can kill sim engagement just as much as a bad team, especially if the penalties seem to screw you over on a key drive. 
3. We've already had to find a workaround for issues of a similar nature in the previous sim, the solution was already set, it's not like they determined a new solution no one had ever done. They just took what TC did regarding CB blitz in ddspf16, and did it for the penalties. That solution if they had watched games would have been an easy fix before the switch. 

My concern, and reason I'm critical of the transfer team is that it feels like they rushed out the transfer in order to make it this season. Add in that members of the transfer team are arguing with GMs in a public space, while admitting to withholding information from most GMs (while the member is a GM himself, and therefore privy to information other GMs wouldn't have. Not that I'm saying they would use that info). There are huge issues with transparency, and what was posted today is honestly an insulting attempt at transparency that did not call to attention key issues, just a sort of we're working on it even though we already worked on it. If they wanted transparency, they would make every 1 of their 800+ spreadsheets available to the public.

RE: State of the Sim Transfer: Feb. 10th. - deadlunatic - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 05:27 PM)Oles Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 04:31 PM)deadlunatic Wrote:

@Oles

You're right, I didn't help because I didn't have the time to help, the sim to help, nor the desire at this point. I've done plenty to help the league in the past, things like being the only person running the DSFL, simming it, streaming it, having full control over it during the worst recruiting periods of the league (in which I had 0 control over despite being the person running their first introduction to the league). I've spent over a year of my life working diligently to help the sim league, even during the worst times of the league. You're damn right I'm gonna be upset when I see constant issues with the sim that could have been worked through before the switch. The issues that have arisen would have been seen in testing, especially if they had watched any of the games like they are presented to us. I didn't see you doing anything to help either so by what you've said you have no room to call anyone out on the matter

I'm sorry, I should have clarified, you didn't seem to have helped with migrating to the new sim. Nor did I see where you brought anything useful to the conversation other than complaining and belittling what they spent a lot of time doing for free, for the rest of us. I didn't mean to imply you have never done anything for the sim nor that you don't have a right to complain. The problem is where you are complaining, at least that is my issue. 
Not sure me having not helped means I now lose my right to call someone out for coming across as a thankless jerk. I just think if you want to heard on a serious note, this was exactly the wrong way to not come across like a dick. This is just my opinion. you are free to handle your business however you like.