International Simulation Football League
Bank rules in a media backlog - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Bank rules in a media backlog (/showthread.php?tid=2990)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bank rules in a media backlog - Kristy95 - 08-06-2017

So, frankly this needs to be a discussion.

We are all aware that there is a massive media backlog. I am not mad about that. The graders are doing what they can. Though frankly, there should be a better system in place. Some graders are grading backlog, others are just grading random new articles. There is no rhyme or reason to that and in no way is this fair to players. Players only get updated once a week and by randomly picking new articles, some players have a clear advantage.

People work hours on articles and then get told that with the bank rules, they can't use that money to buy anything. I get that the bank rules are in place for a reason. But they shouldn't be used yet until the backlog is fixed. What is the point in that? That makes no sense.

Honestly, this has ruined any interest I have in writing articles. I spend hours and hours researching and writing articles. Yeah some of it is so that I can buy equipment but mostly it was because I was obsessed with this league and wanted to write awesome articles other people liked reading. But why even give a damn when rules like that are enforced? I am not blaming the people enforcing the rules, I am blaming the rule being idiotic.

Well, no more articles from me for a while. I need some space from this. And I am sure I am not the only person affected by this. Fix the damn rules.

Bank rules in a media backlog - manicmav36 - 08-06-2017

I feel you. I have around 5 articles currently awaiting being graded but, because they haven't yet, my bank account is very red. We were told articles would be graded within hours under the new system but, that clearly hasn't happened. Somehow my d-line standouts article from week 2 has been graded but week 1 hasn't. Very confusing.

(08-06-2017, 04:53 AM)manicmav36 Wrote:I feel you. I have around 5 articles currently awaiting being graded but, because they haven't yet, my bank account is very red. We were told articles would be graded within hours under the new system but, that clearly hasn't happened. Somehow my d-line standouts article from week 2 has been graded but week 1 hasn't. Very confusing.

And I think that is the most confusing part. If it was done in the right order, no one could argue about fairness. I am not complaining that it is taking a long time, but by doing it this way, it screws over a good chunk of people.

Bank rules in a media backlog - bovovovo - 08-06-2017

As a grader, right now it's honestly just a transitional time, and most of the time any kind of transition is going to be a little rough. We went from doing things the old-old way (only grading a week after it was posted) which created the backlog originally (which was working until the bank changed their rule on equipment payments), then we went with a new idea (you post in a ready-to-be-graded thread) which changed the order things were being graded in, AND THEN just a few days after that the old head grader had to step down and a new one came on and implemented this "no more waiting one week to grade" thing.

So you've got graders who were used to only grading once a week now having to churn through this big 5-page backlog of articles (at first it was about 9 pages). I know we've hired a few more graders to help.

Not making excuses, just explaining the situation a little. It's completely fair to be frustrated with the back log.

It sucks, and I've put out articles myself recently that I don't really expect to be graded any time soon (which I agree can be a little disheartening) but hopefully you can trust that we're doing all we can to get caught up. After we finally get caught up, new articles should be graded much more quickly. We just have to get through about 5 pages worth of backlogged articles right now

(08-06-2017, 05:07 AM)bovovovo Wrote:As a grader, right now it's honestly just a transitional time, and most of the time any kind of transition is going to be a little rough. We went from doing things the old-old way (only grading a week after it was posted) which created the backlog originally (which was working until the bank changed their rule on equipment payments), then we went with a new idea (you post in a ready-to-be-graded thread) which changed the order things were being graded in, AND THEN just a few days after that the old head grader had to step down and a new one came on and implemented this "no more waiting one week to grade" thing.

So you've got graders who were used to only grading once a week now having to churn through this big 5-page backlog of articles (at first it was about 9 pages). I know we've hired a few more graders to help.

Not making excuses, just explaining the situation a little. It's completely fair to be frustrated with the back log.

It sucks, and I've put out articles myself recently that I don't really expect to be graded any time soon (which I agree can be a little disheartening) but hopefully you can trust that we're doing all we can to get caught up. After we finally get caught up, new articles should be graded much more quickly. We just have to get through about 5 pages worth of backlogged articles right now

But thats not really accurate. I have seen graders just randomly start grading new articles instead of going through the backlog. No one is complaining about the backlog taking a long time. People just don't understand the random order that fucks over some people.

Bank rules in a media backlog - bovovovo - 08-06-2017

(08-06-2017, 08:09 AM)Kristy95 Wrote:But thats not really accurate. I have seen graders just randomly start grading new articles instead of going through the backlog. No one is complaining about the backlog taking a long time. People just don't understand the random order that fucks over some people.

Ah gotcha. That's fair. I've been focusing on the backlog so I hadn't noticed

Bank rules in a media backlog - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 08-06-2017

I think it would be fair to let players in the red still buy equipment if they prove money will be coming in just like we used to. Then once this transition period has passed you can put the new purchasing limits in place. Newer players especially are really set back by the media backlog

Bank rules in a media backlog - iamslm22 - 08-06-2017

(08-06-2017, 08:47 AM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:I think it would be fair to let players in the red still buy equipment if they prove money will be coming in just like we used to. Then once this transition period has passed you can put the new purchasing limits in place. Newer players especially are really set back by the media backlog

I totally agree with this. I have 3.5 million waiting on coming to me, it's incredibly frustrating. Its especially annoying given that many newer articles were graded before mine. I can't purchase the equipment I want to.

(08-06-2017, 05:49 AM)iamslm22 Wrote:I totally agree with this. I have 3.5 million waiting on coming to me, it's incredibly frustrating. Its especially annoying given that many newer articles were graded before mine. I can't purchase the equipment I want to.

This is exactly the problem I was talking about. That is not fair in any way.

Bank rules in a media backlog - Grapehead - 08-06-2017

This is the media's problem, not the bank. Fix the media backlog and there's no problem in the bank, end of story. I've worked my butt off trying to resolve people's bank issues, audit their accounts, and going through their post history. I will not accept this problem being dumped on the bank. You are not denied trainging if you have incoming payments, but we just ask that you wait to buy gear. Everyone is treated the same in the bank so no one is disadvantaged by the bank. If media is being graded out of order then there is your problem. Sorry, but I'm not adjusting the bank to continue to allow this media backlog to be ignored!