International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there (/showthread.php?tid=29956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

(S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Kyamprac - 02-15-2021

(S27) PT3 - We're halfway there

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S27 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, February 21, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: We're now halfway through the season and some players are already standing out tall in the index with some flashy stats. Share your early predictions for who you think might get an award this season and why, or talk about who you think deserves an award even though the stats might not be there to fully justify it yet. 

Graphic option: Create a graphic showing a star player in the league accepting an award at the end of the season. It can be a real award or a totally made up one.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Exilate - 02-15-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - FootballIsCool - 02-15-2021

SHL Affiliate, Different site username: Hockeyiscool

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Rusfan - 02-15-2021

I’m writing this after week 9, so the relevant stats will be coming from then, not just week 8. Regardless my ultimate argument will have remained the same anyways even without the extra week, it was just slightly more helpful.

I’m writing on behalf of my own player Joel Drake winning safety of the year, and at least being nominated fordefensive player of the year. Only 2 players so far have 5 picks on the year. One is Colt Mendoza, a CB, and the other is Joel Drake, a free safety. Now those of you who have been paying attention this season, you’ll undoubtedly be surprised that any FS is being in a position for safety of the Year or DPOTY. The position that got hurt the most in the sim switch is unquestionably the FS, and as a result you would expect only SS to have a shot at awards, yet Drake has somehow been an abbheration to this trend. 5 picks, 8 PDs and 1 TD Randal Ming the best defensive stat lines of the league, and certainly the best among all safeties.

I think that due to Drake’s playing of such a hard position, he should get some extra consideration. 5 picks would be a lot for any other position, but for a free safety? It’s about unthinkable! The next closest INT total for a free safety after Drake? 1. 1 single INT.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - 124715 - 02-15-2021

Before I get into the two players I'd like to shout out in this PT I just want to point out how insane it is that the season is already halfway over. Time flies!

On the Coyotes, there's a little-known cornerback named Siege Cameron. He wasn't drafted until the 33rd overall pick in the DSFL draft, and got a bit of a late start. But man has he absolutely burned down the league! It's not often you see a true rookie leading the league in passes defenses, especially on a secondary as barren as that of the Coyotes. He's a playmaker, too: he's racked up a spectacular three interceptions, near the league lead as well. He's even recorded a tackle for loss - not bad for a cornerback. Cameron is my pick for DRotY and could make a CBotY case with another handful of good games.

On the ISFL side, my teammate Ke'oke'o Kane-Maika'i has been shredding offensive lines all season long, posting an eye-popping 11 sacks in just 8 games. KKM is on pace to set some modern-era sack records and would be a virtual DPotY lock if not for some performances like that of Desmond Scarlett, who is on pace to break the current PD record by... twenty. Please fix. Regardless of Scarlett, Kane-Maika'i surely deserves at least a DLotY award and has been a massive part of Honolulu's worst-to-first defensive turnaround.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Tesla - 02-15-2021

Affiliate PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Number 82 - 02-15-2021

Halfway though the season and we're starting to get an idea as to who may be in a shot to walk away with an award come awards night. While someone may put together a strong run to end the season the following players have positioned themselves so far and are likely to be contenders for the respective awards.

A contender for Defensive End of the Year is Ke'oke'o Kāne-Maika'i, the former running back packed on a few pounds this offseason but has remained a dynamic playmaker but now on the defensive side of the ball. After eight games, Ke'oke'o Kāne-Maika'i leads the league in sacks with 11, 2 clear of the next best to go with 30 tackles, 4 tackles for loss and a forced fumble.

The Breakout Player of the Year award is likely to include Rusty Rucker, who has excelled this season with the Yeti. Thru 8 games, Rucker is tied for second in sacks with 9. Rucker has been disruptive force having forced 3 fumbles and recovering 2 while also recording 4 tackles for loss in addition to batting away 4 passes. A strong start to the season and someone who could very well be on the ballot for Linebacker of the Year as well.

Jacob Small could be taking home the Punter of the Year award. While he has third fewest punts with 37, Jacob Small leads the league in Punts Inside the 20 with 24, 4 clear of the second best. Small also has the second best punting average with 47.6 yards thru the first 8 games this season.

Code:
264 words

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Opera_Phantom - 02-15-2021

After Jay Cue ended his QB days at the end of last season, it was somewhat a surprise that he decided to play for another season as an Offensive Lineman. He ate a buttload of crap during the offseason, bulked up and started the season protecting the Arizona Outlaws new QB, Charlemagne Cortez.
And after a couple of games with any relevant stats, he picked up (as well as the team) and is now near the top of the charts for the league offensive lineman. After 8 games, he has 58 freaking pancakes, with zero sacks allowed, making him the first human OL in the "no sack allowed list". Incredible achievement for his first year on that position, and barring any really strange things that might happen on the second half of the season, he will definitely be on the Pro Bowl game and, who knows, might even be in the running for Offensive lineman of the year.
If he keeps up the pace he has been having for the last few games, getting around 10 pancakes a game, he will be on the top players for the position. Let us just hope for his and Cortez sake, that the sacks allowed column remains with a big fat zero.

(209 words)

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - LancedJack - 02-15-2021

Through the first half of the season there's one player who has surely stood out to fantasy players and ISFL viewers alike and that is Tatsu Nakamura. With a staggering 815 rushing yards across eight games and twelve tudders to boot it seems there's no stopping the Outlaws Running Back. Averaging 4.9 yards a carry and 101.9 yards a game is no mean feat in the new sim and they've been absolutely destructive in helping the Outlaws secure a 6-2 record, T-1 in their division. If you drafted Nakamura in fantasy you're probably sitting feeling pretty smug right about now.

On the defensive side of the ball we've got to give special mention to Melvin Murder-Moose. Their 8 sacks and 49 tackles have helped push the Yeti back up the board from an early season slump and pushed them into post season contention going down the stretch. Couple that with Murder-Mooses' disruptive ability to gain turnovers, forcing three fumbles in eight games, and you have a recipe for a Linebacker of the Year spot. Almost as an addendum they've tacked on six defended passes also. It seems theres not a lot they can't do. Come downhill and stop the run? Check. Try and pass on them? They've got that covered as well.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Raven - 02-15-2021

SHL PT