International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there (/showthread.php?tid=29956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - xQCFamous - 02-19-2021

Honestly not to toot my own horn, but I'm going to throw my name out there for defensive rookie of the year, if that's a thing? Minnesota is currently sitting at a .500 record with 5 wins, and 5 losses. In that time, those beautiful 10 games, Chuggs has been able to accomplish quite a bit, so much so that he's leading rookies in a lot of categories on the defensive side of the ball. Chuggs is 1st in rookies with 69 tackles (nice) with the next rookie behind him only with 55, not even close but still some good games left to play. As if the tackling wasn't enough, he is also tied for first place among rookies in forced fumbles (3), and has some other stellar things going for him such as 3 tackles for a loss, 2 sacks, 1 interception and 5 pass deflections. Overall, this man has been a machine, someone who is reliable on all ends of the defensive side of the field and a player that can play his position very well. But with so many good candidates, the big question is...will these leads be enough? Well, in the remaining games, Chuggs is going to have to do something quite extraordinary to get there, but that is what he loves... a challenge. With his mind now set on the common goal of an award, and maybe a championship, he's going to do all he can to get there.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Philliesphan96 - 02-19-2021

PBE Affiliation

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - ThunderTitan82 - 02-19-2021

At this point in the season for Safeties I think it’s hard to say. For the most part safeties seem to be pretty evenly matched with potential for one big game to skyrocket someone into relevance. I was going to put together a ballot of 5 for the safety position, although I am a FIRM BELIEVER that strong safety and free safety should be different awards, same as different linebacker positions, but decided against doing so because I don’t feel like putting in the effort to find four more players in the index. The top safety in the league in my opinion this season is Joel Drake. The dudes got 5 interceptions. The only safety with more than two. The only thing that might hurt him is having zero sacks. I think there  are a few other strong cases, Bob Roberts, Clemente, Biggums and a couple others, with myself maybe making the ballot but not getting many votes. The only case I have right now is leading the position group in tackles, and being one of three safeties with a safety. Four sacks helps but with no interceptions on the year so far, my case has foundations but no meat yet. Drake is the most likely candidate to win the award this season, with his two interception, one pick six game likely having a good chance at winning defensive performance of the year, even though last season my performance of 2 picks, 1 TD and a sack lost that award by a couple tackles. Drake is a menace in the secondary. Seemingly always in a place to disrupt a pass, and unlike my bricks for hands he can actually catch a pass. A smart, young safety who will undoubtedly be on the ballot multiple times in his career, maybe even winning a couple. If only I could have last seasons performance this season smh. Anyways drake for safety of the year, Blackfyre for MvP.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Drip - 02-20-2021

For this task, I am going to focus on who I think will be the top 3 choices for offensive rookie of the year in the DSFL. I am doing that because that award is near and dear to my heart, as I was nominated last year. I believe there are 3 true candidates for this award. The first is Manhattan Project, the running back for London. Project has the 2nd best YPC, is tied for 5th in longest rush, and is 5th in the DSFL for rushing yards. The second player up for the award is Dexter Zaylren, the QB for Bondi Beach. While he is second to Troy Abed in yardage, I believe that Zaylrens' stats are better overall. He has a higher QBR as well as completion percentage. Bondi also has 2 more wins than KCC, and I think that should count for something. The final player, I believe, is the front runner for this award. That is Chunt The Badger, wide receiver from Dallas. He is second in the league in yards receiving as well as TD's. But that isn't why he is the lead. Christ Jr, the QB for Dallas, has 2339 yards passing. 40.7% of those yards have been to Chunt. He completely carries the receiving game of the best team in the DSFl right now, and that alone shoud merit a OROTY win. 

230 words

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Gumbaman - 02-20-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Kyamprac - 02-20-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - FleshBagSoup - 02-20-2021

PBE PT

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - RussDrivesTheBus - 02-20-2021

Originally, I was going to talk about how Desmond Scarlett is on record breaking pace for PDs in a season. But, I took a closer look at the index and, boy howdy, is that old news! Colt Mendoza, while controversial, is having an incredible statistical season. He may only have 24 PDs to Scarlett’s 30, but he has 5 INTs to Scarlett’s 2. Not only that, but he has a forced fumble and fumble recovery as well as the 5th most tackles among CBs in the ISFL. These are typically season-end numbers for the league, but we’ve got still got 5 more games to go! I could easily see Colt taking home the CBOTY award if he snags another INT or racks up some more PDs. Why not both?

LBPTY is going to be quite the discussion in Awards Committee this season as well. Domine, De ville, and Murder Moose all are having outstanding seasons with stats all over the board. Sacks, PDs, INTs; each of these LBs deserves at the very least to be on the ballot and in a hard discussion for who wins. The last 5 games may flesh things out a bit more, but I have a feeling they will stay pretty close. One day, Bass will join these ranks...hopefully.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Big Edd - 02-20-2021

This season has flown by us very quickly, but there have been a few guys to slowly start making their arguments fro some awards. One of the just happens to be Big Edd. A once back to back defensive tackle of the year has struggled to make the pro bowl in the last two seasons. But that changed this year. Big Edd seems to have finally returned to his prime again. He leads all defensive tackles in tackles with 53, forced fumbles with 3, fumble recoveries with one, and an astonishing 7 sacks. Such a dominating performance compared to all the other defensive tackles who have not posted nearly as nice stats makes me believe that Big Edd is going to get that third defensive tackle of the year award. Edd is having a dominating season despite ave three different games with only 1 tackle to show for the index. It makes me wonder just how much better this season could be doing had he not been getting quadruple teamed. Anyways, the season is soon to end and it does not look like Big Edd is going to slow down anytime soon. He is for sure going to continue sacking QB's and will be excited to hear his name on Awards night.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Modern_Duke - 02-20-2021

As a player for the London Royals, I want to focus on the potential award winners and nominees among my teammates. At quarterback, Red Arrow Jr. was briefly third in quarterback rating and possibly in line for an offensive rookie of the year nomination, but has struggled in recent games and may be out of the picture. Running back Manhattan Project is fifth in rushing yards and second in yards per carry, but his lack of touchdowns may keep him off the ballot as well. The wide receivers don't appear to have the numbers to earn a nomination, unless Tsuyu Asui's gets enough touchdowns to impress the committee.

On defense, we finally see some contenders, with defensive end Glenn Smart putting together a nice combination of tackles for loss and sacks, which should certainly put him in line for defensive rookie of the year, if not defensive end of the year. Neither defensive tackles Marlon Brando or Fergus Callaghan Jr. have great numbers, but competition at defensive tackle shouldn't be too strong. The Royals linebackers have been tackling machines, with Logan Sarrasin and Duke Cheeks first and third respectively. Of the two, Cheeks has the best chance for an award due to the edge in sacks and passes defended. Cornerback CJ Sonjack has a decent amount of passes defended, but likely needs a couple more interceptions to get an award.