International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there (/showthread.php?tid=29956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Legally_Blind_Gamer - 02-20-2021

PBE Affiliate Written Point Task

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - speculadora - 02-20-2021

PBE Affiliation

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - LewisMelville - 02-21-2021

As mentioned we are now just beyond the halfway mark of the season. I could easily have taken a look at a number of individual's across varying positions to find out who had been performing well to write about them and why they deserve an award. For example I could write about myself Jeeeeroy Lenkins and try to put up a case as to why I should be in contention having picked up 4 interceptions so far this season and how I've performed much better than I should have, especially when you take in to account the fact I had 0 interceptions last season, I think I could make a pretty compelling case. However, this is not the route I wish to go down. I wish to nominate a flurry of players for an award and those players are the players that have played or still play for the rat birds (Baltimore Hawks) and have not given up or gone inactive. I'm nominating them for the Not Giving In Award I have just made up. Speaking from experience there is not much joy in this league when your player and/or team stink. So I would like to praise these individuals for sticking with their player through the hard times and yes I am including those players that requested/demanded trades. Congratulations on winning the first batch of Not Giving In Awards.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - juniped - 02-21-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Sylphreni - 02-21-2021

I am going to take this PT in a little bit different of a direction as I presume it’s aiming for stats driven awards based on the prompt. However, none of those awards have ever really mattered to me so instead lets talk about the one award that in my opinion has some value to it, Most Dedicated Member. Most Dedicated Member is an award given to one of the most involved and active members of our community here in the ISFL normally for some major contribution of theirs. However, I don’t know that we should limit ourselves so much in the scope of the award. Sure it’s nice that people take time and put effort into the league, but in the true spirit of the award I’d suggest we look past our preconceived notions and look for the leagues true most dedicated member.

Which is why my vote and prediction for the leagues most dedicated member is none other then the one and only Big Edd. The league would be hard pressed to find itself a more dedicated member then their most dedicated memer. Find me a league drama thread, and guaranteed you’ll find Edd somewhere within the comments Edd is omni-present throughout the league which is why he is my vote for Most Dedicated Member.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - WhatAmUs - 02-21-2021

Graphic Option - Cheese Farley accepts the OLOTY award

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Swanty - 02-21-2021

The race for QBotY is hotting up in the ISFL. With the new era of higher completion percentages, there seems to be a top tier of 5 QBs likely to take home the award this year: O'Donnell, Slothlisberger, Cortez, Skywalker and Colby Jack. With just 5 weeks to play, it's tough to pick one out but let's give it a go!

It will be tough to give the award to a player whose team doesn't make the playoffs, so unless New Orleans can turn it around, I feel like Slothlisberger will miss out. Likewise despite propelling Honolulu to an incredible 7-3 record before making the switch to Baltimore, seems unlikely Skywalker will get the nod if he loses out with Baltimore.

That leaves O'Donnell, Cortez and Colby Jack to vye for the title. At present, Chicago looks like the better team overall and if O'Donnell and Colby Jack end up with similar stats as is currently trending, I feel like the edge will be given to the team who finishes atop the NSFC. So that leaves O'Donnell duking it out with Cortez.

Despite being a run first team, Cortez has been extremely efficient with his throws, with the 3rd best completion % in the league. If Arizona do end up wrapping up HFA over Chicago, I think this year's QBotY award will be Cortez's to lose.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Sabremike - 02-21-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - gucci - 02-21-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - majesiu - 02-21-2021

PBE Affiliation http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=17544&view=findpost&p=278362