International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there (/showthread.php?tid=29956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - nunccoepi - 02-15-2021

Ok well I'm just going to go off on the rant that I've been having with a few others in the league including the colorado yeti war room as well as a few in HO and the sim team. Its no secret that I've been lucky to have great individual stats with my players. L'Alto was a knock out of the park, and it seemed that Blackstone would be that way too as he racked up a Defensive Rookie of the year award and Three DE of the year awards to start off the career. On top of that hes never missed a pro bowl. Stats wise he was on track to destroy the all time TFLs record having reached #2 all time in only six seasons. Unfortunately, things have started to grind to a halt, a trend which has been accelerated by this new sim, unfortunately. Whereas before, I could be expected to get about 60 tackles and 17 TFLs per season, this season I'm on track for only 22 tackles and 12 TFLs. 12 TFLs still isn't too bad, honestly, but considering that I have the second most tpe in the league right now (after this update I should be at the second more tpe ever by any user), I would think that Blackstone should be having a bit more of a season at this point. He's really being outperformed by others who are much worse than him and at this point he's in danger of missing the pro bowl for the first despite being, objectively, the best DE in the game at the moment. Based on that he should be winning the DEotY or at least should be making another pro bowl. But we'll have to wait and see what voters think.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Bruins10 - 02-15-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - noanic - 02-15-2021

[Image: uGB7C4t.png](@SwagSloth)

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - CalvinGolladay - 02-15-2021

Regarding awards:
The race between Luke Skywalker and Ben Slothlisberger for QBotY should be pretty heated. Slothlisberger hold the yards and TD:INT ratio lead, while Skywalker has better completion percentage, TDs, and QBR. Ultimately the winner here will make a strong case for MVP unless a dark horse emerges.
As a completely unbiased voter, RBotY is Tatsu Nakamura's to lose. He's the rushing yards leader, averaging 4.9 ypc with a league leading 10 rushing TDs. I can also see Darrel Williams making a strong case with 5.6 yards per carry as well.
Skipping ahead to OLotY, Jay Cue and Adam Mellott are dead even, with 58 pancakes and 0 sacks allowed apiece. Simon Tremblay has an incredible 71 pancakes, but voters heavily weight sacks allowed, of which he has 2.
Defensively I wanted to highlight Derred De Ville who's having a crazy good LB season, with 9 sacks, 7 PDs, 4 FFs, 1 FR, and 55 tackles thus far. LB is always a very tight race and depending on lots of personal preference with the variety in statlines, but the FFs and sacks would put De Ville near the top of the list for me.
Colt Mendoza is narrowly ahead of the rest of a strong cornerback group for me, with a tied for league leading 4 interceptions, 4th place in PDs, and 1 FF/FR. I'd have to check the sim for catches allowed for a true indicator of success, however.
That's about all the positional awards I'm comfortable taking a strong stance on, but plenty of things are bound to change between now and awards season.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Crunk - 02-15-2021

I'm gonna give the three obvious award candidates for my beautiful Outlaws.

Tatsu Nakamura leads the league with 815 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns. When you add on the 2 scores and 222 yards receiving, Nakamura has over 1000 all purpose yards in half a season, and he has found the end zone as many times as the Berlin Fire Salamanders' offense though those 8 games. If he sustains this level of production, only the letters M, V and P will do for him come awards season. In that order.

Our standout DPoY candidate is the incomparable Desmond Scarlett. 26 passes defended is a historic number through half a season, and only 6 other players have surpassed half of his total. A pick and a forced fumble don't do his case any harm at all - and I know how much the awards committee loves forced fumbles. They better hand him his award carefully, because there's a decent chance he just swats it away otherwise.

The Outlaws are currently 6 and 2 on the season, and if they replicate that in the second half of the season, their quarterback will surely be in line for an award. QBotY will probably go to a signal caller from one of those teams who sling it all the way through shootouts, but Charlemagne Cortez is a rookie, and will surely deserve recognition for his leadership, completion percentages and ball security should Arizona reach the promised land of double digit wins. OROY please, voters.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Painted - 02-15-2021

I have not really paid too much attention to the DSFL as a whole, but on the Grey Ducks at least, one player in particular has stood out a lot, and at the very least they should be in the running for Defensive Player of the Year. The player I am referring to is our defensive end, Mills Wallace! He has notched an amazing stat line: 29 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and he even got a safety! He has really lit up the field and really adds to the great defense we have in Minnesota. I only wish the offense could keep up a little and score more to take the monkey off our backs haha.

As for the offense, I also think Madison Hayes, our running back, should also be in the talks for Offensive Player of the Year. He really is our offense at times considering our lack of production throwing the ball. He has been averaging nearly 5 yards a carry and 102 yards a game. If he has one or two more breakout games, he is a lock in my opinion! The one stat that may be a knock towards him is touchdowns. He “only” has five so far, but with the new sim, the league is more passing driven (or so I have heard) so I do not think that will be a huge issue. Just needs to maintain his production!

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Crodyman - 02-15-2021

Minnesota Grey Ducks Strong Safety Tim Soulja might surprise a few people by the end of the year when he wins Safety of the Year and gets a nod for defensive rookie of the year. Though he only ranks at number three in terms of tackles, his splash plays make him stand out among all safeties, let alone defensive rookies. He has two picks so far, with two pass deflections and a sack, and I anticipate those numbers will continue to grow as Tim steadily earns TPE and begins to take the reins of a rising Minnesota defense.

While Minny lost many quality defenders to call ups the last two seasons, I believe that this draft has taken several defensive stars of the future, Tim included. He’s currently sitting at 180 TPE, and will be capped for sure starting next season after he purchases tier six equipment. Finally, his best performance in week 5 against Tijuana showed that he can be a difference maker when given the chance, as he boasted 5 tackles, a pass deflection, a pick, a tackle for a loss, AND a sack. That’s a helluva performance from the young star.

Right now the race to top safety is still wide open, but I won't be surprised to see his name pop up in multiple categories on awards night.

(222 words)

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - TheSparkyDee - 02-15-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - Naosu - 02-16-2021

I am here to make a case for my player, Goku, as he pushes for the Defensive End of the Year award. To start I would like to preface with some award selection criteria. Last season, the DEoTY winner was quite obvious, but I was honestly surprised when I looked up the stats of some other noms. I had very similar stats to a couple lower end noms. I did a blind test for fun to some people and my stat line was always picked out as the best or second best, but never the worst. Apparently there is some bias towards selecting category leaders and not looking at the bigger picture. At the time of writing we’re just finished week 9 and Goku is having a great well rounded season and doing great in every defensive category. He is T-1st in TFLs and Safeties for defensive ends. He also has 2 force fumbles and 7 sacks, nearly one per game. With the nature of the power rusher archetype being a more balanced one, I hope it doesn’t snuff any chances out. At this point in the season I think the award would come down to Goku and one other player. We’ll have to see how the remainder of the season plays out, but I must say the new sim makes stats a lot more fun at defense.

RE: (S27) PT3 - We're halfway there - yonggarius - 02-16-2021

At this point of the season, Rusty rucker is cementing himself as a very strong contender to linebacker of thw year award and possibly the defensive player of the year award. Rucker, a free agent add for the Yeti this offseason, has been the spearhead of the strong defensive showing that Yeti had through this first half of this season.

Currently, rucker has 52 tackles, 4 tackles for loss,3 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries, 10 sacks and 5 passes deflected. That stat line is by far the best among linebackers this season, and arguably one of the best defensive stats this season due to him getting all around stats. His 10 sacks are tied for second among all the defensive players, and it's tied for first along linebackers with his teammate Melvin Murder- Moose. Rucker's 3 forced fumbles and 2 recoveries are second only to Derred de Ville, and he makes up to that extra forced fumble in comparison with de Ville with his 4 tackles for loss conpared to de Ville's 2.

Like this, Rucker is near the top of all the important stats as a linebacker. As the primary role of linebackers is to contribute to defense in various ways, I'd say this is a strong argument for Rucker's award campaign. (214)