International Simulation Football League
*Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up (/showthread.php?tid=29981)

Pages: 1 2

*Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - hihihi_62 - 02-15-2021

Hey All, I literally haven't posted new media since February 24th of last year and at that time I had just returned home from a wonderful Mexican vacation having no idea the world would very shortly be screeching to a halt!! 

That being said this is a topic near and dear to me and thought it deserved its own write up, so lets make this official:

After a year and a half of real world time and 10 seasons Sim time Mervin Leonard will be retiring from the ISFL at the conclusion of S27 (Hopefully after one more title run).

I joined the ISFL on June 13th, 2019 via an r/CFL recruitment campaign and needless to say I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Like every new user I was a little lost at first but was very quickly helped out by the incredibly friendly community we have built here. Over the next little while I was completely consumed by this forum and have had an absolute blast ever since. Although I'm not as active interacting on the Discord and within the Forum as I once was I still check in daily to keep up to date on what everyone is up to.

I contemplated thanking individual people that have made my time here particularly enjoyable but the more I thought about it the more I realized there really are too many to name and for that reason I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for making this platform such an enjoyable one and look forward to what the future has in store.

Now that I'm through the sappy stuff I'd like to share a couple of Mervin's career highlights and accomplishments I'm proud of...

DSFL:
-Selected 12th overall by the Portland Pythons
-S16 DSFL Defensive Back of the Year
-S16 DSFL Defensive Player of the Year
-S16 Ultimini Loser
-S17 Ultimini Loser

NSFL/ISFL:
-Selected 6th Overall by the Yellowknife Wraiths
-S19 Pro Bowler
-S22 Pro Bowler
-S25 Pro Bowler
-S26 Pro Bowler
-S22 NSFL Cornerback of the Year
-S18 Ultimus Loser
-S19 Ultimus Loser
-S20 Ultimus Loser
-S21 Ultimus Loser
-S23 Ultimus WINNER
-S26 Ultimus WINNER

Just something to note for the historians - you're reading that correctly. Between S16-S21 I lost 6 consecutive Championship games between the DSFL and NSFL!!

Career Stats as of the end of S26:
558 Tackles
21 Int
159 Pass Deflections

And one final shoutout to the Wraiths Organization for treating me so well over the past 10 seasons, it has been an awesome ride! 

-Merv
YKW YKW

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - Bigred1580 - 02-15-2021

One of the best draft picks I ever made! So glad to have been your teammate! Congrats on the fantastic career!

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - woelkers - 02-15-2021

Absolute legend of the game. You've got everything to be proud of, my man. I can't wait to see what's next.

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - Big Edd - 02-15-2021

Can I get your autograph

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - shadyshoelace - 02-15-2021

absolute legend, congrats on the amazing career! incredible player and incredible teammate.

YKW

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - Rusfan - 02-16-2021

Legend of the CB class

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - Opera_Phantom - 02-16-2021

Portland Legend!

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - Faded - 02-16-2021

YOU LOST SIX STRAIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS Sad

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - TropicaliaCC - 02-16-2021

My guy! Congrats on a great career. I think Dexter can finally sleep at night considering how many times you terrorized him, be it not letting him catch the ball early in his career or picking him off at the end. I looked it up and for reference in our last two matchups in S25 you had 1 INT and 7 PDs in 2 games  Sick

RE: Hometown Wraith Hanging Them Up - flyeaglesfly29 - 02-16-2021

What an awesome career and an even better person! Thank you for being such an important part of this organization for so long!

Once a Wraith, Always a Wraith!