International Simulation Football League
*I am prediction god - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *I am prediction god (/showthread.php?tid=30040)

*I am prediction god - LB3737 - 02-17-2021

They said it could not be done. They said that I, a somewhat below average predictor of International Simulation Football League games could not get a perfect week, that I was simply too dense minded to correctly pick 7 winners correctly out of the 7 games that were occurring. Let us ignore the fact that it was a pretty easy week of games, bar maybe one or two. Let us ignore the fact that the mode for TPE was 3 this week (6 out of 7 correct predictions). Instead, let us rejoice in the fact that I, LB 3737, managed to clutch up and go 7 for 7 in predictions and net myself that sweet, elusive 4 prediction TPE which I have waited so long for.

I’m not going to linger on my results from the last week for too long considering they all had the correct outcome but I will point out a few things from the week which I managed to take away from each game, before moving on to my usual bit about the upcoming predictions for games.

My Takeaways :

OCO @ YKW, YKW win 32-14
My takeaways : OCO are in big trouble so far with this new sim, especially on offense. The worst offense in the league second to only the Hawks. Their season is over before week 10 and the best they can hope for now is a stud in the upcoming draft. YKW get this much needed win to snap their losing streak but might suffer big time in the postseason without a real baller at running back. Sakura keep playing like this game I have you in fantasy.

AUS @ CHI, CHI win 16-6
My takeaways : Not much we didn’t know already, Austin getting kinda screwed by this new sim, they also kind just suck though. Chicago’s roster is too op, they should be scoring more here but a win is a win.

NOLA @ SAR, SAR win 38-14
My takeaways : Sarasota too have an op roster, having arguably the best players in the league at quite a few positions. One thing that might let them down is qb play, while not having an inherently bad season, Boss is not quite keeping up with the pack. NOLA really could’ve done with this win having a tough schedule to go, I think that their playoff hopes are now dead in the water. This doesn’t change the fact that they have the MVP at qb in Slothlisberger, you can mark that as my prediction already.

NYS @ COL, COL win 27-16
My takeaways : Two teams on the edge of playoff-dom here but one an actual potential contender, in the Yeti. If Caliban can tone it down on the picks, they will be a top 2 team in my book. NYS on the other hand have no shot at the championship for this season, but it’s good for a team from the most recent expansion.

HON @ BER, HON win 30-20
My takeaways : Honolulu are… goated? Probably the most underrated team in the league, if not normally rated at this stage, whatever the gms have done here is magic with this not so magical roster. If this team win the championship whoever made the Ultimus Futures will be looking like a clown. Berlin must be kicking themselves, both at how their sim lucks been the past two seasons and how they’ve been playing. A team with the definite talent to do something, they just can’t seem to kick on and actually do it.

AZ @ BAL, AZ win 51-20
My takeaways : Baltimore suck, but we knew that, although I did underestimate them, scoring 20 against this defense is actually ok. Arizona are the best team in the league and my favourites for a championship at the moment. Will Cue get a fairytale ring in his last season with the Outlaws, if not at qb? That depends on the play of his successor, one of the lowest TPE qbs in the league. This team also has my second or third ranked player in the league at running back in Nakamura, having a brilliant season.

SJS @ PHI, PHI win 27-17
I picked this as my upset and was right :stonks:
My takeaways : This is a massive leg up for Philly, even if they have no real shot at the playoffs this season. For San Jose, if they miss out, this will be the game they’ll look back on and think “this one cost us.” I don’t really think they deserve to make the playoffs, you shouldn’t with a below average offensive and defensive unit. Tbh league should just give the NSFC another playoff spot instead of the ASFCs third.

Week 10 Predictions :

Game 1 : Yellowknife Wraiths @ Berlin Fire Salamanders

This is genuinely a game I could see swinging either way. The Fire Salamanders actually have a stacked defense, especially versus the pass, while Yellowknife struggle to get the ball moving on the ground. If I had a pair of balls I’d probably take Berlin to come away with a big upset victory from this one but to be honest I’ll go safe for this opener and take the favoured Wraiths.

My Prediction : Yellowknife Wraiths YKW 23-17 BER Berlin Fire Salamanders

Game 2 : Chicago Butchers @ Colorado Yeti

This weeks game of the week in my eyes and a game where the playoff implications are potentially massive, with these teams being part of a 4 way tie at 6-3 in their division. At the moment the Yeti are steamrolling competition, on a 5 game winning streak which all stemmed from their week 5 victory, in Chicago no less. I see the Yeti taking this one in a high scoring contest decided by no more than one or two scores.

My Prediction : Chicago Butchers CHI 24-33 COL Colorado Yeti

Game 3 : Sarasota Sailfish @ Austin Copperheads

Pretty much a must win game for the Sailfish in their playoff hunt, and with the Copperheads hopes for the season being basically done I see the Sailfish taking this one pretty easily, although I expect if they don’t close the game out early it could come back to bite them in the latter stages.

My Prediction : Sarasota Sailfish SAR 28-10 AUS Austin Copperheads

Game 4 : Philadelphia Liberty @ Baltimore Hawks

To be honest, I’m not gonna waste toooo much of my time typing this one out. The Hawks have lost nine games of nine and I would be lying if I said I expected them to win soon. That being said this is one of the best opportunities they will get, at home to the Liberty, there’s potential for them to hang a few scores on this 12th ranked Philly defense.

My Prediction : Philadelphia Liberty PHI 24-15 BAL Baltimore Hawks

Game 5 : Honolulu Hahalua @ New York Silverbacks

One of the biggest success stories of the season in the Hahalua play in this matchup, they are on a roll right now with the first ranked defense and fourth ranked offense in the entire league. Despite being away from home I expect them to give the Silverbacks hell on both sides of the ball throughout the entire game and take home another win to add to their playoff push.

My Prediction : Honolulu Hahalua HON 31-7 New NYS York Silverbacks

Game 6 : San Jose Sabercats @ New Orleans Second Line

Battle of the long team names in this one, and if you would call the Second Line winning this matchup an upset, than that’s the upset I’m going for. Off the back of a bad beat at the hands of the Liberty I see no rebound game for the Sabercats as the Second Lines MVP candidate quarterback goes to town on their defense in this game, but maybe I’ll be wrong and the Sabercats can do work on the Second Lines struggling defense. Who knows?

My Prediction : San Jose Sabercats SJS 17-24 NOLA New Orleans Second Line

Game 7 : Orange County Otters @ Arizona Outlaws

One of the big derby games of the season, and for a change for these two teams, the shoes are on the other feet. The Otters are sitting at a paltry 2-7, flip that around and you get the Outlaws record despite them losing their first two of the season. I see no challenge in this one for the Outlaws and expect them to blow away OCO on their charge for the 1 seed and postseason Home Field Advantage, but anything can happen in a derby game as we all know.

My Prediction : Orange County Otters OCO 10-42 ARI Arizona Outlaws

So there we have my week 10 picks, very safe if I’m honest, maybe I could’ve gone a bit ballsier with a few of them but I’m a major pussy so I didn’t. Hopefully I can make it a repeat of last week and snag myself another 4 TPE, but at the end of the day, I would take 3.

RE: I am prediction god - Big Edd - 02-17-2021

Noted

RE: I am prediction god - LB3737 - 02-17-2021

(02-17-2021, 05:27 PM)Big Edd Wrote: Noted
Not edd?