International Simulation Football League
*A Look at QBs - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A Look at QBs (/showthread.php?tid=30112)

*A Look at QBs - Mooty99 - 02-19-2021

Now gentle folk of the league many of you may know me, yes, it is I Jackie Daytona the very obviously human quarterback of the Austin Copperheads. Now I had been meaning to write a treatise or two for everyone to enjoy. Unfortunately when I tried to put in the first draft of my treatise it was turned away, the infernal meeedia department in this league had no way to process ink and parchment, well I gave the curs a piece of my mind, However in the end I did believe that the league would be better with my thoughts and musings in it and so I got my familia, I mean servant, I mean employee to show me how to work a computer. What a wonder this little machine really is you hit the letter you wish to write, and it appears in front of you on a piece of electronic parchment who would have thought it! Now I seem to have digressed so I will switch over to a more professional tone.

Today I am going to breakdown the Quarterback position in the ISFL, who they are, what they, how they are, ummmm and other stuff probably.

Baltimore
QB – Luke Skywalker
Create – Season 22
Current Build – Pocket Passer
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 48
QB Rating – 82
Passing TDs – 66
Rushing TDs – 5
Passing Yards – 11195
Rushing Yards – 733
Interceptions – 39
Fumbles – 7

This little pocket passer is now in his 5th season in the ISFL. From the past 4 seasons you can see that he is the epitome of a middle of the road QB, with his middling to poor QB rating and the averageness of pretty much all his stats Skywalker is proven to not blow you away but has at least been a fairly safe pair of hands in the past.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 103.1
Passing TDs – 24
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2871
Rushing Yards – -5
Interceptions – 6
Fumbles – 4

Now this season is far and away Skywalker’s best season. His high number of TDs high passing yards and one of the absolute best rating means that he looks like a man who is on his way to great things. OR IS HE? With 6 games remaining Skywalker is high on a cloud but his world must have come crashing down as he has been traded to Baltimore. He goes from a max offensive line to one that leaks like a sieve. These next 5 games you will watch Skywalker’s figures plummet and his fumbles and sacks go up and up, I am really sorry to say this, but I predict that he will have to kiss those dreams of awards at last down the drain. What a cruel fate it is.

Berlin
Baltimore
QB – Nick Kapercolin
Create – Season 22
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 32 (also spent 2 seasons as a WR)
QB Rating – 78.6
Passing TDs – 42
Rushing TDs – 2
Passing Yards – 7568
Rushing Yards – 393
Interceptions – 35
Fumbles – 1

We have another pocket passer here but one who started out as a wide receiver, his arm talent was noticed when he headed to Berlin and since then he has been the QB there. How his first 2 seasons as a QB Kapercolin did struggle a little. He threw a fair bit and had good TD numbers and good passing yards, but he also had high interceptions rate which in term has affected his QB rating. This just shows you that life can be tough at an expansion team.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 82.3
Passing TDs – 12
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2650
Rushing Yards – -5
Interceptions – 5
Fumbles – 0

In his current form Kapercolin is having a decent season, better than his previous 2 at least. He does have quite a low number of touchdowns compared to others but with 0 fumbles and only 5 interceptions to his name he has looked after the ball well. His passing yards are average as well. All this is reflected in his QB rating which is at least higher than his past averages. Maybe an upswinging form in the last 6 games will happen, you never know.

Chicago
QB – George O'Donnell
Create – Season 21
Current Build – Gunslinger
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 64
QB Rating – 79.7
Passing TDs – 81
Rushing TDs – 1
Passing Yards – 15549
Rushing Yards – 274
Interceptions – 51
Fumbles – 6

In past seasons O’Donnell has struggled a little, he has a decent number of TDs but also a fair number of interceptions. He also has had a surprisingly high number of fumbles in the past which is surprising compared to others. O’Donnell started on a team that was re-building so the 1st few years were tough, but he has improved with his team who are now a power house in the league.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 103.7
Passing TDs – 19
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2656
Rushing Yards – 4
Interceptions – 6
Fumbles – 4

What a season this has been for O’Donnell. He has been doing superb in an extraordinarily strong Chicago team so far this year. While he is not on the top for TDs his low interception rate is a mark of a man in his very prime. O’Donnell currently has the highest QB rating and while his other number are not quite at the top, he is very much a prime candidate to be mixing it with the best of them for award at the end of the season I can promise you that.

Colorado
QB – Mattathias Caliban
Create – Season 24
Current Build – Field General
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 16
QB Rating – 89.7
Passing TDs – 21
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 3628
Rushing Yards – 204
Interceptions – 10
Fumbles – 1

Last season was Caliban’s first, but he actually had a very good one for a rookie. He had a good number of TDs, excellent passing yards and this is show in the good QB rating he was given. Unfortunately, he was pipped for a number of awards and also the pro bowl but I think he can look back on this 1st season with pride.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 84.7
Passing TDs – 14
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 3045
Rushing Yards – 0
Interceptions – 13
Fumbles – 0

Caliban’s current season has been a mixed bag to be honest. He has the highest number of passing yards, but he also has the highest number of interceptions so far as well, his one saving grace on that front is the complete lack of fumbles he has let go of. I think that any award chances might be over but some more TDs and not many more interceptions and Caliban will quickly be looking much better.

Philadelphia
QB – Brock Phoenix
Create – Season 19
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 103
QB Rating – 79.9
Passing TDs – 132
Rushing TDs – 5
Passing Yards –23096
Rushing Yards – 1260
Interceptions – 71
Fumbles – 10

Poor old Brock Phoenix, in the past he has had a middling career often not the fault of himself but instead the lack of pieces round him to truly help. He spent his best years at a time of struggle for his team which has not helped. He can be proud at least in the fact that he has a whole bunch of passing yards to his name.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 98.5
Passing TDs – 14
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2740
Rushing Yards – 5
Interceptions – 6
Fumbles – 1
Now this is Phoenix’s last season in the league before retirement and I think he can be fairly happy with how it has gone so fair. He has passed for a good amount of yards had fairly few interceptions and has a very respectable QB rating. I know he is not told of the pile but he is in the top half at least and this is a nice note to end his career on.

Sarasota
QB – Mike Boss Jr
Create – Season 24
Awards – S26 ORotY
Pro Bowls – S26

Past Seasons
Games – 16
QB Rating – 84.4
Passing TDs – 27
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 4898
Rushing Yards – 72
Interceptions – 13
Fumbles – 1

Last season was Boss’s first in the league and he really took the bull by the horns during it. He had a massive 27 passing TD and huge passing yards to go with it. These this were why he well-earned the offensive rookie of the year away and made the pro bowl in his 1st try. If you are looking at how to start a career as a QB then this is a good way to go.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 91.9
Passing TDs – 15
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2364
Rushing Yards – 7
Interceptions – 9
Fumbles – 3

After a firs season of slinging the ball around with abandon this season has been much tamer for Boss but it has been a successful one for his team. Sarasota has largely lent into there immensely powerful run game which has meant Boss has the fewest yards in the league. However, this field general has been a well general on the field and marshalled his team well so fair so they are flying high even if he is unlikely to get much glory when award season hits.

Yellowknife
QB – Colby Jack
Create – Season 22
Awards – S26 QBotY, S26 MVP,
Pro Bowls – S26

Past Seasons
Games – 48
QB Rating – 84.6
Passing TDs – 78
Rushing TDs – 8
Passing Yards – 12595
Rushing Yards – 1005
Interceptions – 35
Fumbles – 9

One of the Jack twins Colby is now in his 5th season in the league. His 1st 4 seasons were highly successful with a huge number of passing yards and good rushing yards too showing that this QB has been able to do it all. I am sure he is most proud of his MVP season last season where he smashed it sweeping the awards and making his 1st pro bowl.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 98.5
Passing TDs – 21
Rushing TDs – 2
Passing Yards – 2948
Rushing Yards – -3
Interceptions – 7
Fumbles – 5

Jack has carried his success from last season into this season and again shown his passing prowess on the field with the 3rd highest passing yards and 2nd highest number of touch downs. If there was one criticism it that he is still very fumble happy which he is also 2nd highest in the league for. The 5 fumbles may account for his 2 rushing touchdown but with negative 3 yards in total which is a pretty special stat to have. Either way this guy will be one to watch again in the awards.

Arizona
QB – Charlemagne Cortez
Create – Season 24
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 102.8
Passing TDs – 17
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2576
Rushing Yards – 0
Interceptions – 5
Fumbles – 1

Cortez is a rookie QB even if he is a fairly old one, but his decision to stay down an extra year or 2 compared to his peers has paid dividends for him on this strong Arizona team. Arizona is more run heavy than most teams but this hasn’t stopped his putting up 17 TDs with only 5 interceptions which is a great rate. This work has led him to have the 3rd highest QB rating at the moment and I am calling it now, he is a shoe in for offensive rookie of the year and even could contend for other awards as well, what a great 1st season

Austin
QB – Jackie Daytona
Create – Season 25
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 78.6
Passing TDs – 13
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2791
Rushing Yards – 10
Interceptions – 12
Fumbles – 2

Now this one is going to be one of the toughest to write for me as this is me and compared to Cortez my rookie season is not shining in the same way. The low TDs and high interception are not helping me even if I have put up decent passing yards. The lowest QB rating is not great but there is still time at least to improve it. While I am currently the worst QB this season is in no way horrible, I have seen much worse rookie seasons than this, and along with that if you start low the only way to go is up!

Honolulu
QB – Chika Fujiwara
Create – Season 21
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 77
QB Rating – 78.5
Passing TDs – 103
Rushing TDs – 2
Passing Yards – 18133
Rushing Yards – 440
Interceptions – 39
Fumbles – 7

Chika is in her 6th season and her past seasons are know for 1 thing, throwing bombs. While her teams have not been too successful and awards have not come her way because of this Chika has over 100 TDs already and absolutely monster yards in her career. With still a number of good seasons left in her I think she may be able to produce some quite special stats.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 85.5
Passing TDs – 14
Rushing TDs – 1
Passing Yards – 2770
Rushing Yards – 15
Interceptions – 8
Fumbles – 7

This season has been a disappointment for Chika who is one of the best QBs in the league. But while her team did not perform her stats are fairly good. I say good but she does have a staggering 7 fumbles but with the Baltimore offensive line she has spent most game running for her life from opposition pass rush. The trade that has happened should really help her, she has left the worst offensive line for one of the best in Honolulu, a team that has smashed expectations. So, with a new team expect Chika’s stats to rocket upwards in the last 6 games.

New Orleans
QB – Ben Slothlisberger
Create – Season 22
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 48
QB Rating – 80.8
Passing TDs – 67
Rushing TDs – 1
Passing Yards – 11372
Rushing Yards – 268
Interceptions – 38
Fumbles – 3

Slothlisberger is in his 5th season in the ISFL and in the past 4 has not quite lived up to the billing. I am not sure what went wrong in the past but despite being a good player on a good team the previous seasons found Slothlisberger throwing a high number of picks. I think this is a shame but hopefully this can be turned around.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 102.7
Passing TDs – 21
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 3101
Rushing Yards – 0
Interceptions – 4
Fumbles – 5

Slothlisberger is having his best season ever. He has thrown 2nd most TDs and also the least interceptions which is a great improvement from the past. Add into this him throwing more yards than anyone else so far and you have a recipe for awards baby! The only thing holding him back a little are his 5 fumbles but if he continues this good showing in the rest of the season both him and his team could go far.

New York
QB – Sam Howitzer
Create – Season 24
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 32
QB Rating – 82.7
Passing TDs – 47
Rushing TDs – 1
Passing Yards – 7973
Rushing Yards – 162
Interceptions – 25
Fumbles – 4

Howitzer started in the league at a fairly young age compared to many of his piers and while the numbers in his past seasons are not outstanding, they are certainly very respectable to have and are a great base to work from in the future. It is even more impressive given that this was done with an expansion team even if it is one of the fastest fully ready expansion teams in league history.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 83.8
Passing TDs – 8
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2596
Rushing Yards – 1
Interceptions – 9
Fumbles – 0

This season however has not been the best for Howitzer who has thrown the least TD currently which must be a disappointment, add in the 9 interceptions and the only saving grace is the lack of fumbles. New York has still been a successful team as again they have utilised there run game more than others as well as their excellent defence. With that in mind I could see a Howitzer reveal in the last 6 games, which I am sure all of New York is hoping for.

Orange County
QB – Suleiman Ramza
Create – Season 22
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – S25

Past Seasons
Games – 32
QB Rating – 83.9
Passing TDs – 56
Rushing TDs – 4
Passing Yards – 8319
Rushing Yards – 703
Interceptions – 29
Fumbles – 9

Ramza was a crazy player in the last 2 years, this QB came into the league late then had fits and starts of greatness mixed with interceptions and fumbles. Famous for using his legs to make plays in the early days his high ceiling low floor can be seen in both his very high number of TDs and high number of interceptions and fumbles. The S25 pro bowl was certainly a highlight for him.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 79.5
Passing TDs – 15
Rushing TDs – 0
Passing Yards – 2716
Rushing Yards – 4
Interceptions – 12
Fumbles – 3

This season has been a real disappointment for Ramza who currently has the 2nd lowest QB rating. Low touchdown rates and high inceptions have not been kind to this very talented player. Much like Daytona while they can hope for an improvement it is probably best to put this season away and make sure they are even better for the upcoming season.

San Jose
QB – Monterey "Monty" Jack
Create – Season 22
Awards – 0
Pro Bowls – 0

Past Seasons
Games – 64
QB Rating – 81.1
Passing TDs – 75
Rushing TDs – 1
Passing Yards – 13611
Rushing Yards – 174
Interceptions – 48
Fumbles – 3

The other Jack brother Monterey is in his 5th season and had to watch his brother win an Ultimus and an MVP last season but are awards or trophies better as Monterey has a pair of Ultimus’ in his cabinet. Now despite the rings Monterey has not had the same level of stats in his past as his brother, he is equally as trigger happy but is not a fan of rushing and his interception to TD ratio isn’t the best. But still even if you are the Eli Manning of the QB brothers you can be pretty happy with yourself.

Current Season
Games – 10
QB Rating – 90.9
Passing TDs – 15
Rushing TDs – 1
Passing Yards – 2635
Rushing Yards – 21
Interceptions – 9
Fumbles – 2

Jack has so far had a pretty tidy season still a little high on interceptions but has put together a good performance in a very balance San Jose offense. None of his figures true stand out as either good or bad which is good, sort of, I think.

WC 3175