International Simulation Football League
*Alex D. [finally] retires - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Alex D. [finally] retires (/showthread.php?tid=30115)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Alex D. [finally] retires - BigKicks - 02-19-2021

As of tonight's game, Alex D. has become the first and currently only member of the 500 XPs club, which in my opinion is the capstone to his illustrious career. But with regression making it impossible for him to stick around to try and shoot for 600, I want to announce formally that Alex Dasistwirklichseinnachname will be retiring at the end of the season.

Updaters rejoice! The wretched long name man is finally going away! But stat analysts, history buffs, wiki maintainers, you will feel my wrath for years to come, for Alex D. has etched his name into almost every single top 10 kicking and punting record there is. Because this is my retirement post, I'm going to brag and show you some of the accomplishments I'm most proud of.

3x Ultimus Winner (S17, S18, S19)
1x Ultimini Winner (S14)
2x KotY Award (S19, S21)
2x PotY Award (S17, S26)
8x Pro Bowl Selections (S16 - S19, S21 (selected as both punter and kicker), S22, S26)
1st All-Time Extra Points Made (500)
1st All-Time Field Goals Made (336)
1st All-Time 50+ Yd FGM (17, Tied)
2nd All-Time Punt Yards (44,608)
1st All-Time Punts Inside 20 (169)

...and counting. Not to mention the 18 playoff games he's played as well (Ultimus games included Smile ).

1st All-Time Extra Points Made (48)
5th All-Time Field Goals Made (18)
1st All-Time Punt Yards (5,256)
1st All-Time Punts Inside 20 (19)

I of course could not have achieved any of this if it weren't for my team. I've been a member of the Orange County Otters for 13 seasons now, which means I've seen many users and players come and go. Each one has contributed to every extra point, field goal, and punt Alex D. has kicked, and for that I thank every single one of them. I also want to thank @speculadora for drafting me all the way back in Season 15 and for letting me move up from the DSFL immediately. And of course I must thank @PSanchez55 and the rest of the S14 Pythons for keeping me interested in this sim league in the first place, else Alex D. would've just become another inactive oddity. And to everyone else I haven't thanked yet (@White Cornerback and the wiki team, the 13 other teams for letting us score on them) and whoever I've forgotten to mention, thank you. And lastly, a special shoutout to @moonlight, who inspired me to come back after I went inactive after seeing how well his player, Franklin Armstrong, was doing. Thanks to that, I think Alex D. has solidified himself as yet another Otter destined for the Hall of Fame.

As for recreating, I so far don't have any plans for it. Stuff is getting busy for me IRL, and it feels weird to think about not having a player with an obscenely long last name. Not to mention that I've always felt more of a villian whenever people talk about OCO winning so much, which has recently really turned me off from coming back. But I'm not going to completely shut the door on it. This place has been a part of my life for two years now, and I don't think I'll be be able to leave just like that. But for now, it's time to call it the end of Alex D.'s career.

POR OCO OCO OCO

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - jeffie43 - 02-19-2021

You'll be missed Alex, enjoy retirement and your break from the league. You were a joy to talk to and it's been fun sharing this LR with you for the past year. <3

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - ReverendOReily - 02-19-2021

GOAT OCO OCO <3 thanks for all the points, long name man

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - Nokazoa - 02-19-2021

Oco were never the villains. Only Hamilton steelhawks. Wait.

Enjoy retirement. I'll be following soon I imagine. Or not. Idk. I don't have long term goals

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - Blasoon - 02-19-2021

It's truly been an honour to be your teammate. And congrats again on 500 pat's. That's an incredible stat and I'm honoured I could be the signal caller for that.

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - 124715 - 02-19-2021

Another Pythons legend

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - Matty7478 - 02-19-2021

Congrats on a great career lad! I’ll let you have those punting records for now Wink

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - r0tzbua - 02-19-2021

Ist das wirklich ein Nachname?

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - .Laser - 02-19-2021

Congratulations on all your success man. It was a pleasure GMing you, and while I still think you should have more awards and pro bowls, you and moon are the two easy HOF locks that I had the privilege of playing with.

RE: Alex D. [finally] retires - xenosthelegend - 02-20-2021

[Image: 7e9137ee8c87ba41968bd0b3b6857d46.gif]