International Simulation Football League
*Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 9-11 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 9-11 (/showthread.php?tid=30133)

*Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 9-11 - WildfireMicro - 02-20-2021

Hey guys WildfireMicro here and recently I was given a chance to start writing Philadelphia Liberty game balls so I took it. I wrote a write up for the game balls for week 9, 10, and 11 and everyone in the Liberty locker room seemed to like them  so i will start posting every weeks game balls as they were originally written (to my own detriment, as you will see with one game ball in particular) every weekend as a media because I like money! But don't worry Liberty players you guys will get to see them first every time. Without any further ado let's begin!

I actually wrote week 9 after I already wrote week 10 but I will present week 9 first for simplicity's sake. Here it is:

" Hey guys WildfireMicro here and no I didn't forget week 9 what are you talking about? Anyways this game was a much needed win to break our losing streak and what a win it was! A 27-17 win over a very good San Jose Sabercats team with the opposite record of ours! (We were 2-6 and they were 6-2) I am very proud of our performance this week and I am very happy to present the game balls for week 9! Without any further ado let's begin!

Offense:
Our offense kept up with San Jose the whole way through and it helped our defense in the end. I got 2 canadites here but this is more of a cut and dry case.

Brock Phoenix: 23/33 212 yards 69.7 Cmp 6.4 Avg 2 TD 0 INT 107.1 passer rating

What a day for Brock! He was able to throw almost 70% of his passes and having 2 TDs and most importantly no INTs! This is especially good as the San Jose QB threw 2 bad picks. Brock really wanted this win and it definitely showed. Love his performance in this game.

Jake Fencik: XP 3/3 FG 2/2 30-39 1/1 50+ 1/1 288 punting yards 48 Avg 67 yards with 4 inside the 20

Another perfect day for him! He couldn't miss with his kicks and kept pinning San Jose deep in thier own territory slowing down thier offense in a big way! He might be steady putting up a KOTY or POTY campaign but we will see as the year progresses.

And the winner is: Brock Phoenix! Brock may be riding off into the sunset after this season but he is definitely trying to go out with a bang. This is an especially good ge when compared to the San Jose QB as we will see with the Defensive ball.

Defense:
Man the defense stepped up when it was needed the most! A total of 7 Pass deflections and 2 interceptions were a huge part of tis win and even an unexpected player making a big play stopped thief offense cold. Here are our 3 candidates:

Zelos, J: 2 TCK 1 PD 1 INT

Admittedly these aren't the best stats I just wanted to mention him because of the huge interception that nearly went for a pick six. I just felt like that definitely deserved mention here.

Doy Fieri: 9 TCK 2 PD

Another big day for him and he was once again all over the field. He kept getting tackle after tackle and was 1 away from a double digit tackle day.

James Hoffman: 7 TCK 2 PDs and 1 INT

James takes the best of both the previous 2 players stats. He was all over the field and basically was a major part of this win. Especially with his clutch interception near the end.

And the winner is: James Hoffman! Sometimes the most obvious pick is the best. Hoffman had a hell of a game overall and I loved how he was clutch the whole game. Hopefully we can see more of this from not only him but the whole defense."

Alright then we go to the actual first game ball write up I wrote for week 10! This is probably the longest game ball I have written so far so here it is:

" Hey guys WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for the comeback win over the Baltimore Hawks! Admittedly we needed a bit of luck at the end to win this game with Phastbawls missing the game tying field goal but still! I will be going over each potential player to win and thier stats to find a winner. Without any further ado let's begin!

Offense:
This one is difficult as thier are 3 potential candidates I can look at and they are:

Jake Fencik: 1/1 XP made 3/3 field goals made with a 50 yarder in thier too.

Not only that, but 173 punting yards with a long of 57. This guy kept us in the game when the offense wasn't clicking in the first half and was definitely a big part of the comeback especially the clutch 50 yarder (thank god the sim didn't punt)

Flash Panda: 5 Rec 43 yards and 1 TD and a 67 yard punt return.

This is mostly about the clutch punt return but his catches definitely helped. But seriously that long punt return was just what we needed to get the momentum back. Definitely a good day from him.

Darrel Williams: 19 rushes 113 yards with 1 TD and a long of 20.

He was a workhorse today with his running and I especially loved the 20 yard run on 4th down. He was a big reason we stayed in the game and got the comeback, nice 100+ yard day for him.

And the winner is: Jake Fencik! He was huge today and I definitely think his day was underrated. Kickers deserve more love and we saw what happens when a kicker isn't clutch at the end when Phastbawls missed the kick.

Defense:
There are only 2 real candidates for this and to me the winner is more obvious.

DeSoto, J: 10 TCK 1 TFL 1 PD.

DeSoto was all over the field in this game with double digit tackles and a tackle for loss. It was definitely a hell of a game in the end for him.

Don Fieri: 8 TCK 2 PD 1 INT.

Don had a hell of a game too and was responsible for the only turnover we had that probably would have led to a touchdown if not for an untimely interception. Still I loved these stats from him.

And the winner is: Don Fieri! With 2 PDs and an INT Don was a big part of the win and we definitely appreciated what he brought to the table this game. We hope to see more greatness from him!"

Alright this one is too my complete detriment because I made the mistake of thinking Texas Wrecks had sacks instead of TFLs so a lot of what I wrote for defense will be null.

" So the loss against Sarasota was rough but I feel like we are getting a lot better. Before we would have been blown out of the water against them (no pun intended) and I think once the rookies like me come up we might get a shot at the playoffs next season. At the very least we have a pretty high draft pick next offseason so that's good. But anyways hey guys WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for the game against the Sarasota Sailfish! Honestly the offensive one is pretty cut and dry so I'll only go over the winner of that but the defensive one is a bit more complicated. Anyways without any further ado let's begin!

Offensive:

Come on. We all know it is going to be Jake Fencik. When we couldn't score a touchdown to save our lives (that sack in the potentially game winning drive killed us) he was there to kick a lot of field goals. He had a total of 6 field goals and was perfect on the day with 4 of them being from the 40-49 yard range. So congratulations Jake Fencik and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive

So this isn't as cut and dry as offensive but I will try my best to deliver this game ball to one of the two candidates here. Defense tried thier best to step up when offense didn't and was able to hold Sarasota in some pretty crucial situations. Plus I like seeing the two interceptions we got. But anyways here are the two candidates:

Wrecks, T: 3 Tackles 2 Sacks

It's mainly because of the sacks. They seem to have become more of a rarity nowadays or that's at least how I see it (except on our potentially game winning drive and no I am not salty) so getting two is dedicated praiseworthy.

James Hoffman: 3 Tackles 1 PD 1 Interception

There were actually two people with an  interception today (the other being Matt Cross) but James had another tackle so do the math. Picking off the Sarasota QB twice was definitely a great achievement and I like how this defense has been creating turnovers lately

And the winner is: James Hoffman! Honestly if you say it's Wrecks I wouldn't argue with you. It was a toss-up between them two and ether one could have won it. So don't take this too personally. But anyways congratulations Hoffman and we hope to see more of this put of this defense!"

And then I immediately had to write this in shame after being informed of mistake:

"I have just been informed that Wrecks had 2 TFLs not sacks. So yeah that makes choosing Hoffman a lot more easier on me"

So yeah a blunder there. But you know now that I have got your attention I am going to put my case in for Jake Fencik for Kicker of the Year. He has basically been super clutch this season and has made way more FGs in the 40-49 yard range then other kickers have attempted! And he is perfect from the 50+ yard range and is tied for the most made. I believe he has a huge case for it and I really hope you guys think if him when awards season comes.

Anyways that is all I have time for here. I hope you all enjoyed and hopefully I'll be back next week with more game balls! I hope to see you all on the field!

RE: Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 9-11 - Briedaqueduc - 02-20-2021

PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI

RE: Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 9-11 - Pat - 02-20-2021

Anyone who doesn't have Jake Fencik (@xenosthelegend ) at least on their short list for Kicker of the Year needs to open their dang eyes!

These game ball write ups are really good! Thank you for doing them?