International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT4 - Superstar - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT4 - Superstar (/showthread.php?tid=30163)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - kingtag1999 - 02-25-2021

A TV producer for Fox Sports approaches Smyth. "Hey, you're Will 'Brick Wall' Smyth, right?" Smyth nods. "Great! I'm Mark Easton, producer for Fox Sports. We're doing a special on the new additions to the ISFL, these new additions are people others may sleep on. We could meet on the soundstage tomorrow, if you'd like? Maybe...11 AM?" "Sure," Smyth says. "Perfect! Meet me on soundstage 10 tomorrow at 11 AM and we'll get you all set to record for this special."

Smyth arrives at soundstage 10 at 10:50 the next morning, and checks his phone while waiting. #FoxSports and #BrickWallSmyth are trending. Curious as to know why, Smyth looks into it, scrolling to the bottom of the feed. Then, he finds it. A Tweet. The Tweet, from @MEaston reads: "Join me and @brickwall27 tomorrow for a special recording of #ProspectShowcase. I look forward to showcasing #BrickWallSmyth."
Just then, Mark Easton arrives, and sees Smyth on his phone. "Ah, I see you made trending. Come, let's get this special recorded!" They then record some taped questions, the standard. What's your name, where do you come from, favorite thing to do, etc. Then, he gets asked more intimate questions regarding football. One question in particular sticks out. "What is a side to you that nobody ever sees?" Smyth had to think about this one, before finally responding, "I'm a big animal lover. And whenever I see an animal in pain...I just gotta help it. Whether it's nursing it back to health, or putting it out of its misery, I just don't like to see animals suffering." After a few more questions, Easton and Smyth wrap up, wish each other farewell and Smyth promises to catch the premiere that night.

Smyth gets back homes, watches the premiere, and, seeing how well it showcased him, looks forward to the DSFL, and then eventually, the ISFL, Draft.

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - Hordle - 02-25-2021

SHL

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - snazzlepuss22 - 02-25-2021

A famous producer has approached Brick about a new animal rescue series on animal planet. 

Its easy to make this choice because of Bricks affinity for rescuing cats even before becoming a football sensation. The show will be reality style where Brick goes around attempting to rescue mistreated animals, all the while smashing those that get in the way. 

An example of an episode could be we start at Bricks home with his many animals and he could introduce one and talk about how he came to have it and what its conditions and quirks are like. 

Then Brick will get a call and be surprised and say they have to head out immediately, where he will go to a location with an animal that may not be getting the best treatment. From there Brick can throw people threw walls and smash the previous owners of the pet. Say give the pet a warm blanket and a meal and then go get a bulldozer and drive over the house of the owner to teach them a lesson. 

Brick will find a new loving home for all of these animals as well because if they don't take care of them Bricks coming for them.

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - The_Mediocre_Pigeon - 02-25-2021

Big Chungus was born for the lights. Whether it was Friday nights in High school, or Saturday nights on the big screen. Chungus has never failed to deliver in big moments. That is why when his manager contacted him about a potential new deal, he never thought twice! Recently, Big Chungus has decided to become the next face of Taco Bell. Whether it will be crunching into a Chalupa or simply drinking a Baja Blast, Chungus is about to become a commercial star. This deal works very well for both sides. Chungus gets free Taco Bell for life while the company will get the pleasure of working with a gem like him. This has exponentially increased Chungus' following and it also given the brand some new attention as well. Chungus has often said that he enjoys Taco Bell at least 3 times a week in the offseason. Now that he gets it free, that number may rise. Could we be looking at the possibility of en even Bigger Chungus? All I know is that if he is going to be the king of Taco Bell, he may need a much larger throne if you know what I mean. Altogether, this deal should provide a great source of energy to both parties involved.

212 words

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - mee - 02-25-2021

SHL

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - zaynzk - 02-25-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - CalvinGolladay - 02-25-2021

Calvin Golladay, world-unknown Outlaws offensive lineman, might have a more promising career in the field of business. While his play has been mediocre, his business plan is considered anything-but by many in the industry. Golladay entered the ISFL weighing 310 lbs, but was advised by some of the league veterans at the position that heavier lineman perform much better than others. Taking this advice to heard, Golladay gained an incredible 30 lbs within just 1 week, maintaining a weight of 340 lbs for many uninspiring seasons. However, before his most recent season Golladay surprisingly dropped the 30 lbs he'd been carrying, returning to the weight he'd entered the league at with 310 lbs While surprising, what brought him national attention and shocked many was his loss of 3 inches in height. Many tried, but few could explain such a phenomenon. It was akin to Kyler Murray's ability to add 6 inches in height just for the combine measurements, except with the opposite effect. Such rapid weight loss, weight gain, height loss, and presumably height gain are industry secrets unbeknownst to all but Golladay, who's received national acclaim for his plans to start a company revolving around this. Celebrities, athletes, and actors alike could find use out of his abilities, with an ability to match the size needed to keep up with fashion, desired positional sizes, or transition between movie roles. Experts and common man alike are eying him closely, waiting for his next move.

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - CLG Rampage - 02-25-2021

So, for those of you who don't know, part of Raske's background is that he is a racing driver. He has raced in both the Indy Pro 2000 series, winning 1 race and finishing with 3 podiums in 6 races on a part time schedule, and has raced in the WeatherTech Sports Car Championship, where in 5 races he won 1 and finished on the podium twice in 5 races, again on a part time schedule. While it may not seem impressive, in just 11 races he has already compiled 2 wins and 5 podium finishes, never finishing outside the points in two drastically different disciplines of racing.

So, what's the plan? Well, Red Bull has had a history of doing some pretty crazy promotional stunts during its time in F1. Whether it's a zero gravity pitstop, doing donuts on a several hundred foot high helipad or tackling a ski slope in an F1 car, they have done their far share of massive marketing stunts. What better way to build the American audience than a one on one sprint race, Raske versus Verstappen at one of the greatest American motorsport venues in the country: Daytona International? 10 laps, 1 hour of practice, one of the fastest venues in America. Seems like it could be a smash hit. An up-and-coming star quarterback versus one of the best F1 drivers in recent history.

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - Billybolo53 - 02-25-2021

My favorite football player turned actor was Jim Brown. Brown was in a ton of great western as well as the classic WWII movie, The Dirty Dozen. I would have my player follow in Browns footsteps. Getting to the big screen is quite the task though. Very few athletes can go from the playing field to Hollywood without some sort of break. For Clemente, I think that break would have to come from reality tv. Lots of athletes use reality tv to get their first taste of broader fame.

My first pick for a reality show for my player would be Survivor. I recently was watching some survivor seasons with my gf and we just googled which would be the best to watch. Boredom and the quartine leave us with a huge void of tv shows. The first season we watched had Cliff Robinson an old NBA player. It was so interesting to see how an athlete status affected how people interacted with him. I would wait for my to compete until after my retirement. Hopefully, with a good showing, I would be able to use that as a springboard to get some other gigs. If that doesn't work def would opt to be a rock star.

Wc: 207

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - HENDRIX 2.0 - 02-26-2021

Sources out of Yellowknife say linebacker Douglas Quaid has been cast in a lead role in the upcoming Michael Bay feature. Bay is one of the top action movie producers in Hollywood and this will be Quaid’s first appearance on film. Bay is known for his chaotic, explosion filled style, which is similar to how Quaid plays football. Quaid is frequently on local television via commercials and talk shows up in northern Canada, but this is the first big break of his acting career. Quaid has had a long term goal of acting after his playing days. His recognition on the football field has given his acting aspirations extra momentum. Quaid said his goal after football is to become the next Arnold, Stallone, or The Rock. An intimidating action hero that fans could get behind. A detailed plot of the movie is unknown, but the gist of it will be about Quaid and his daughter going to Mexico for a vacation. While there his daughter gets abducted by the cartel and held for ransom. Instead of complying with a cash offer, Quaid’s character uses his demolition skills learned in the Army and goes head to head with the vicious cartel members. The movie will be rated R for extreme violence and profanity. (212 words)