International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT4 - Superstar - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT4 - Superstar (/showthread.php?tid=30163)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - supertardis101 - 02-22-2021

Rickie Vaughne would totally love to do a TV show where he gets to go around Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world eating food, experiencing the culture, and doing other fun things. Something almost like Anthony Bourdain in a way, but more PBS-y. Rickie has always enjoyed watching shows like that in his offtime and would love to be a host of one of his very own. Rickie's show would be fun, but also intense. He is not afraid to do something a bit more risque and out of the park compared to a normal PG tv-show. It would be a lot of fun. There would also be a colorful cast of characters that would follow Rickie around during his adventures throughout the world. It would be crazy, stupid, fun, and intense all rolled into one big fucking package. I cannot wait to get it on the air. You guys are gonna see Rickie Vaughne as you have never seen him before. In all 8 dimensions. Are you curious what the 8th dimension is? Well, it's a double quarter pounder with cheese from the Mcdonalds on the 4th Street in Middletown New Jersey. After you eat that hamburger you are gonna have an out-of-body experience and be able to understand and comprehend all 8 dimensions of Rickie's travels. Look for Rickie's travels on Itune and whatever streaming service is popular these days. 

234 Words

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - TeyonSchavari - 02-22-2021

Before reaching stardom in the ISFL, Captain Rogers was already a famous figure, celebrated by many as America's first avenger. In many feature films, Rogers was portrayed by various A-list actors over the years before he was found preserved in the ice. An icon in superhero films, the reality of Captain America in the flesh was very exciting for fans of the portrayals of him in movies and TV series, as well as the more 'pure' fans of his actual accomplishments fighting for the USA in World War II. After the world acclimated to the existence of Captain Rogers as a football player rather than a soldier, Hollywood producers would soon approach him about playing the role of himself, using his popularity as a football star to propel the blockbuster films to even greater heights than the ones of years past. In collaborations with other star actors and actresses, including what critics would call 'the most ambitious cross-over of all-time' in the hit film "The Avengers", Captain Rogers became a superstar off the field as well. His busy life and multiple interests has led to Rogers being one of the most recognizable people in the whole world. Of course, all of the filming must be done in the off-season, which the producers have been happy to work around. Anything to keep their star football player/actor/superhero happy.

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - Birdman - 02-22-2021

LeBong Simwell was recently approached about starring as himself in a movie about his upbringing, which shares similarities to The Blind Side. LeBong has been honing his acting skills in commercials for local car dealership and fried chicken shacks and feels he has what it takes to make the big next step to become a bonafide movie star. The movie will cover LeBong’s conception on that fateful night that his mother entertained a group of players on the New Orleans Second Line aboard the SS Jazz Fest, his early childhood growing up aboard various Carnival Cruise ships, his happenstance meeting of the local New Orleans high school football coach, his difficult negotiation with various college programs to provide him with the most under the table money, and his tumultuous playing career at LSU. The feature film will have a star-studded cast that includes Robert Downey Jr. as LeBong’s mentor/high school football coach, Andy Milonakis as the high school boy LeBong nearly drowned in a pool which unwittingly propelled his career forward, the Uruk-Hai Orc from Lord of The Rings starring as LSU Coach O, Cardi B as LeBong’s mom, Daniel Day-Lewis as LeBong’s college/pro agent, and Natalie Portman as LeBong’s high school sweetheart. The title of the film will be called Big Butt and is being directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - ztarwarz - 02-22-2021

Darren Pama is an interesting choice to pick for a series. While he was great as a backup Running Back last year, and has been great for a WR3 this year, the fact that he's ended up lower on the depth chart makes it unlikely that he'd be chosen due to recognition on the football field. So, why would Pama be a star? Because of how outspoken he's been off the field. Not one to shy away from controversy, whether it is poor play from his rivals, teammates, or himself, he's been willing to call it out. Above all, however, is his willingness to criticize the refs for when they make obviously wrong calls. Whether it was their inability to place Pass Interference calls correctly through the first quarter of the season, or their love for giving unnecessary roughness penalties to the quarterback for hitting someone in the shoulder pad during a follow through, Pama has seen plenty worth criticizing the refs over pretty much every week. This gave producers the idea for a new show, airing weekly on Tuesday, "This Week in Refball", where Pama would point out the worst calls and missed calls of the week, how badly they effected the game, and, most importantly, his appreciation for how hard the job of reffing is so to as get fined as little as possible over it.

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - RedArrow12c - 02-22-2021

Red Arrow Jr. knows exactly what he wants to be in terms of acting, and he does not even need approached by a director or producer to start making the show he wants to make. Arrow would star as the young QB in a show similar to Hard Knocks or a 30 for 30, where a camera crew would follow Arrow Jr. around as he makes the journey through the ISFL and hopefully becomes a star. By starting the series when Arrow is but a DSFL rookie QB, the show would actually chronicle the career of the second generation future superstar. No one knows how the series is going to go, because not even Arrow knows how his career is going to play out. It would definitely be exciting to see Arrow out on the field and in his personal life with his friends, and it would add some character to the league and give it a future face of the league in Arrow, who has all the charisma necessary to be the guy in a league. However, only time will tell how his career will play out, and maybe he will flame out and be a bust, which would also be an interesting show to watch. At least, I’d watch it.

212 Words

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - Alcott - 02-22-2021

As a Dallas native, Birddogs rookie safety Cole Maxwell was already a fan favorite, so to take advantage of the buzz a local news broadcast team sent in a request to his PR relations department to do a "Day in the Life" segment following Cole on one of his coveted days off. Always looking for ways to grow his platform, Cole gladly accepted and the shoot was set up for the next scheduled day off. The shoot went very smoothly, with Cole leading the crew through what had become his regular off day routine, from his morning workouts and meals, to watching some film while relaxing in the pool, and even some family game night activity after dinner. During the lulls in the day Cole would do a an impromptu interview with one of the news members asking some questions off the cuff, or if they didn't have any Cole would provide a story from his time growing up in the area. After thanking the news crew for giving him the opportunity to showcase what a piece of his life was like, Cole insisted on helping the crew load up the equipment into the van and giving everyone a doggy bag from the leftovers of the dinner they had to watch him and his family eat from behind the lenses.

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - shrub02 - 02-22-2021

Written from the perspective of Bender Rodriguez:

So the I was hanging out at my favorite bar, a typical Monday morning, when some stranger walks up and taps me on my should. "Have I seen you on TV before?" He asks. "Once, when I took those hostages," I reply as I turn to finish enjoying my drink without the interruption of a random meat bag. "Well you've got that kind of face that just screams television star," the stranger persists, "I would like to offer you a role on my show." "Shut up, baby, I know it! But I don't have the time to be on some two-bit show," I retort. "No, no. You would star on All My Circuits with Calculon."  My jaw drops, hitting the edge of the bar. "I love Calculon! Yes, I will take your money!" "We're not offering you any money," he replies. "Shut up, I'm still gonna still take it!"

And that's how Bender became a regular on TV's biggest soap opera, All My Circuits. At first they tried to get him to follow the script, but Bender wasn't having any of that. He knew that the audience would love his swarthy Latin charm, so he improvised every line. He even threw in cursing, drinking booze, and smoking cigars (has favorite brand Hacking Jacks, of course). Bender always wanted to be an inspiration to children everywhere and now he can realize that dream. He gets a warm buzzy feeling in his hardware whenever he see's kids screaming "bite my glorious golden ass" as they are disobeying their parents.

264 words

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - KC15 - 02-22-2021

Jed Podolak was sitting in his living room the day after the game, just chilling and trying to recover from the battering he had received from opposing corners and safetys and he hears a knock on the door.  Annoyed, he rises and goes to the door.  Who is there but the famous TV producer Aaron Misspelling. 

What’s he want with me, Jed thinks.

“I want to make you rich, Jed Podolak.  Well, you may feel rich enough, but I want to make me richer and maybe you want some fame after football.”

“My idea?  Fantasy Football in prime time!  On the little screen.  Football is bigger than ever.  The ISFL is bigger than ever.  You are are at the top of the WR charts and are bigger than ever.  (sotto voce:  Well, the 5 or 6 guys ahead of you all said no, so…).”

“You have the face and the inside track on what it takes to be a real football player – and the connections to get some great current and former stars to come on the show.  You talk about the most recent developments on the gridiron, how those trades, FA signings, and injuries affect fantasy, hand out managing advice and we both rocket to the moon”

“What do you think?”

And Jed closes the door.  Fantasy football?  Who cares about fake football when you have the real thing?  The ISFL!

Code:
232 words

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - dude_man - 02-22-2021

So for a reality TV idea, what if we had the Tijuana Season 27 rookie class all be in a dorm? Think of Hard Knocks, meets The Real World. You would have Ishe… Reallyinvisible, who is normally… invisible. You got Juno Hu, who is to be fair, a loose cannon. You have Romulus Roman, who is a good at heart dude. Then there is Lux Opal, who does not say much. Yours truly, who is the same as Roman, but probably talks a bit more. Gyles Marrett who can also be a loose cannon, but not nearly as much as Juno. Lonnie who is more into hockey than football, and we can throw in David Ramczyk who was not drafted but is still part of the rookie class.

Basically, we’ll follow around Juno for the most part because he can literally say anything and everything (have you seen his Twitter?). We can set up certain plots, like one of the player’s girlfriends visiting, maybe create some tension with other players, parties during COVID that could get them into trouble. Show their cleaning habits, or lack thereof, and just see what they normally do. I think it will be a big hit for the younger audience as well as putting each player on the map, showing their path to the ISFL. Please welcome The Real World: The DSFL Edition!

(228 words)

RE: (S27) PT4 - Superstar - bluesfan55 - 02-22-2021

shl pt: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114210&pid=2992647#pid2992647