International Simulation Football League
*One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen (/showthread.php?tid=30221)

Pages: 1 2

*One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - BaconBrother - 02-23-2021

So I guess Father Time has come for me as well and S27 is the end of the road for Maurice Virtanen, The Finnish Flash. I haven't made a meaningful post in about 8 months so apologies if this rambles way too long.

About 16 months ago, I saw a post on r/nfl regarding the NSFL and thought of giving it a try and what a journey that has been. It got me hooked on sim leagues, made me appreciate level headed people, nearly destroyed my relationship but man did I make some great friends along the way. There are a lot of people I want to thank for all my time in the league, but let's go back to the beginning.

The S18 class was one of the first reddit recruitment drives and man were we a weird bunch of people. I am still perplexed how well I could gel and get to know a bunch of strangers from around the world who just wanted to create fake internet dots. That says a lot about you all, so thank you for the riots, revolutions, destroying the rookie discord, giving me material for my After Dark series and generally just being awesome guys and gals @bex, @Hallmonitor_20, @Opera_Phantom, @"Laser", @Frostbite @CLG Rampage, @Revolution5 @Modern_Duke and anyone else I missed (or who is isn't mentioned later)

Then I got drafted 7th overall by the Wraiths, so thank you to my two original GMs @Bigred1580 and @shadyshoelace for giving me a chance to join the best organization in the league and our discussions will not stop even after retirement. Thank you also to @flyeaglesfly29 and @PMoney for absolute great GM work and just being awesome people. Shout out to all the great teammates I got to play with through the years, especially those that battled through all the heartbreak and finally got over the hump and won the Ultimus (TC, Manic, AC, hihi, Hendrix to name a few), it was definitely a journey. To all you new Wraiths who have joined since those times, you all seem to be great people and definitely embody the Wraith way, I hope you all the best and many championships in the future.

Outside of the Wraiths, I dabbled in quite a few jobs over the seasons and a special thanks to the best group of friends I made while in the league and that the Rookie Mentor team I was a part of :God: Keep bonking strong gang @TomHanks, @woelkers @ScorpXCracker @Jay_Doctor @FleshBagSoup @TeyonSchavari @IsaStarcrossed 

As I said NSFL definitely got me hooked on sim leagues. At a certain point I was involved in 4 leagues with jobs in each one and even being DSFL HO, but then it came crashing down 8 months ago when I got given an ultimatum by my girlfriend because I clearly cared more about these sim leagues than her at the time and I wisely chose her. It was the right choice as now here we are planning our wedding for next year.

All in all it has been quite the ride throughout these 16 months. I want to thank each and every one of you for making my journey what it was. Additional shoutouts to @jeffie43, @JKortesi81 @AdamS (remember that expansion bid stuff?), @Mooty99, @Raven, @infinitempg and @JuOSu for all the good memories

So for now it is goodbye

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - NicholasTheGreat - 02-23-2021

I will always be remembered as part of your sig.

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - ZootTX - 02-23-2021

Glad to have been your teammate!

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - Mooty99 - 02-23-2021

God damn this guy is awesome. Much love to you mate and congratulations on the engagement, you are one of the very best!

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - Bigred1580 - 02-23-2021

murtsi, you are the best person in the league, and we were lucky to have you around for so long. I really mean that, and I hope to see you around more again in the future.

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - TeyonSchavari - 02-23-2021

#FreeMurtsi

Much love brother. I'm very happy for the friendship we were able to create and wish you luck on your future away from the league. Also P.S. never stop sending corgi pics

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - Opera_Phantom - 02-23-2021

[Image: raw]

and

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - Drizzy - 02-23-2021

huge congrats on the engagement my man

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - infinitempg - 02-23-2021

<3

RE: One last goodbye for Maurice Virtanen - Starboy - 02-23-2021

First time I hear from Murtsi in months and he's retiring Virtanen...either way, it's been an amazing time that I've gotten to watch with Virtanen and glad that you've chosen to focus on real life and bettering yourself for the future.