International Simulation Football League
* QB James Baker Introduction - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * QB James Baker Introduction (/showthread.php?tid=3024)

* QB James Baker Introduction - JamesBaker - 08-07-2017

Hello! My name is James Baker and I'm glad to be here! I was a 2 year starter at the University of Wyoming where I threw for 7,792 yards and 64 touchdowns (2nd most in school history). I declared for the NFL draft after my junior year anticipating to be drafted around the 4th round, however early onto my training I tore my meniscus causing me to go undrafted and without any camp invites. I've been battling with the NCAA to allow them to let me return to Wyoming for my senior season, but due to the fact that I signed an endorsement deal I lost my amateur status deeming me ineligible. Which is why I am now here.
I'm a pocket passer with great decision making and so-called "pin-point" accuracy. Many NFL teams were interested in me due to my 6'5" frame and raw potential which I will hopefully be able to utilize here in the NSFL. I anticipated being a backup at the start of my career ever since it began so I have no problem sitting behind an established vet until I prove that I am ready.
I can guarantee that whichever team picks me up they won't regret it. Team owners or just anyone, feel free to ask questions!

* QB James Baker Introduction - Kristy95 - 08-07-2017

Given the tough position you play and the fact that most teams seem to have a franchise quarterback, how comfortable are you in being a backup for a bit? We have heard about the developmental league where you may for a bit as well. What are your goals in general? How fast do you want to be a starter?

In the season 2 draft, two quarterbacks were taken somewhere in the middle of the draft (48th and 54th out of around 100 players). Is a middle round what you assume for yourself as well? What is your hope?

What is one quality you can offer that other quarterbacks might not have?

* QB James Baker Introduction - JamesBaker - 08-07-2017

Given the tough position you play and the fact that most teams seem to have a franchise quarterback, how comfortable are you in being a backup for a bit? We have heard about the developmental league where you may for a bit as well. What are your goals in general? How fast do you want to be a starter?

- I'm comfortable being a backup for as long as I need to be as long as I feel that I'm developing and the team is going in an upward movement, I'd love the chance to start the developmental league as a starter and really hope that's how my career begins. My goal is most likely the same as anyone else here, to be the best at what they do. Like I said I'm comfortable being a backup, but obviously if I had it my way I'd be a day 1 starter.

In the season 2 draft, two quarterbacks were taken somewhere in the middle of the draft (48th and 54th out of around 100 players). Is a middle round what you assume for yourself as well? What is your hope?

-To be completely honest I haven't paid too much attention to the draft system in this league so I don't have enough knowledge to adequately rate myself or others.

What is one quality you can offer that other quarterbacks might not have?

-Motivation and drive, many quarterbacks are given things their entire life, from being a 5-Star high school prospect to going to a large college with the best facilities. Meanwhile I was a 3-star recruit out of a tiny high school in Texas which shared a weight room with the tennis team. At the University of Wyoming I performed well, granted I played lesser opponents, but I've always had a chip on my shoulder to beat the other "kids" at their own game.