International Simulation Football League
*All Time GM Records - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *All Time GM Records (/showthread.php?tid=30316)

Pages: 1 2 3

*All Time GM Records - siddhus - 02-27-2021

All Time ISFL GM Rankings
If you have been paying attention to the media articles, a month or two ago, I released the all time GM rankings, which had me compile the data of who was the Head Gm every season, and then finding out their all-time wins, along with other attributes. Or you have seen me in league discussion asking for Co-GM names. Well I am here now, with an even better spreadsheet, thanks to the help of @"Laser", @124715, and @mithrandir who helped me find the co GMs, filling out most of the sheet, while helping brainstorm ways to make this better. So lets go over whats new from the old sheet

- Redid the whole sheet once again for more accuracy. Last time had the sheet, and did all the math inside my head, while led to inaccuracies, so now made it more automated so it is just copy and pasting a lot of information, but the computer adds for me. So this led to a more accurate head GM ranking

- Added Co GMs. For all the Co-GMs out there that were missing out last time, you guys are finally in. We ended up missing a few, but most of them are in there, and all the win totals are totaled up, so that you can have your whole record there. Shoutout to everyone in the last thread, who asked for it, cause it made me want to try to find all of them faster. Also shoutout to everyone that helped me find the names of the Co’s. They are not listed anywhere, so it all went off, talking to the old GMs, and on people’s memories

- Added Playoff stats. Here is another big one. Regular season stats do not completely show how good a GM is, so I went ahead and found all of that up, and put that with a special weightage in the points formula, which I will talk about in a sec. Note: Byes were not counted as a free playoff win, but this might change later depending on what people think should happen in it.

- New Points Formula. Lots of complaints on the last one, so I went ahead and tried to see what we could do. Shoutout to Mith, who after we all tried 4-5 formulas, worked on the final version of the formula, and also he did the writeup explaining this. Reg season score is: ((win%/AVGwin%)-1)*(GP/AVGGP). Essentially, what this means, is that if you win more than 50% of your games, you get a positive multiplier, but if you win under 50%, you get a negative multiplier. Then, that is multiplied by the longevity multiplier. So if you were really good for a long time, you have a better score than someone who had one 10-6 season. On the flipside, if you were horrible but stuck around for longer, you get hurt more. The interesting case here is CK, who has a ton of games and a slightly below .500 win%. Next, playoff formula: (PlayoffWin%/AVGPlayoffWin%)*(PlayoffGP/AVGPlayoffGP) * (PlayoffAppearances/(GP/14)). Essentially what this does is reward three things: First, win%, second, total playoff games, third, how often you make the playoffs. The last multiplier essentially just calculates approximately what percentage of your seasons you made the playoffs, since currently the historical average league season is about 14 games. Finally, the Legacy score is (Ultimus wins/2) + (GMoY/3). The end result? A GM who went exactly .500 in his career and never won a playoff game gets a score of 0. The median GM is 20-22, and 1-1 in the playoffs. Average is 29.4-29.4 with a playoff record of 1.7-1.7.

Not a new feature, but VERY IMPORTANT. We are looking to actually rank the top 50 GMs sometime over the next few weeks for a part two type article. If you have been here for a while, especially from the first decade or even around S15, and want to be involved in voting, we are looking for 3-4 more people to join us, to help the ranking. We may reach out to specific people, but if you know that you know this stuff, reach out to us first please. Link is coming down below, I will mention the first 10, in a random order so that way they know that they are in the locker room, but hopefully the article will be spread around enough for every past GM/Co-GM to get to see it.

Real quick will go over what each tab is for.

Final Ranking: Pretty self-explanatory, it has the rankings and all the data for everything, which is pulled from a pivot table on another sheet of the document, but pivot tables got annoying to edit, so I just put formulas to get that data transported.

Sorted for Points: All pretty self-explanatory. It has all the data from Final Rankings, except it is sorted for points, which is the main statistic we used, so thats something to look at easily.

GM List: List of who GMed where, and when, and for what team all in one easily accessible place. Took a lot of time to gather, maybe the wiki could use data to help it.

DATA: Where all the information is kept, its all in public so you can see how the format is, and can check specific seasons if you want to do that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kitNpTv_11k_yuJqbqjlIXBAlyBhRV2Lj1_Pyb0LtF8/edit?usp=sharing

Leave any thoughts, information, or opinions down below, maybe if you like this points formula better, or you still have a few suggestions let us know. If there is something wrong with numbers let me know, cause they should be accurate this time.

947 words + bonus? (split 4 ways between numbers, myself, mith, and laser)

RE: All Time GM Records - nunccoepi - 02-27-2021

worth way more than 947 words worth of pay. give these people a bonus

RE: All Time GM Records - mithrandir - 02-27-2021

Here is the current top 25 list
[Image: unknown.png]

Also, interesting side point: the regular season score ranges almost perfectly from +1.00 (spec) to -1.00 (TheMemeMaestro). A GM who has a .500 regular season record and zero playoff wins will have a score of exactly zero, unless they have a GMoY award. Feel free to send me any questions about the formula.

RE: All Time GM Records - Big Edd - 02-27-2021

good to see frost sucks

RE: All Time GM Records - Memento Mori - 02-27-2021

GMs with double digit playoff wins:

1. speculadora

RE: All Time GM Records - moonlight - 02-27-2021

Spec is the goat but we all knew this

RE: All Time GM Records - CLG Rampage - 02-27-2021

Spec is actually insane goddamn

RE: All Time GM Records - shadyshoelace - 02-27-2021

congrats to @Bigred1580 on being the 33rd and 49th best GMs of all time!

seriously though, this is incredible work. thanks so much for putting in the time and effort to track this all down and set it up!

RE: All Time GM Records - Cheech65 - 02-27-2021

frost still sux lmap

RE: All Time GM Records - flyeaglesfly29 - 02-27-2021

So what you're saying is that I'm HoF bound? Got it!