International Simulation Football League
*Tre' Mendus Johnson Rookie Prospect Press Conference (Q & A) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tre' Mendus Johnson Rookie Prospect Press Conference (Q & A) (/showthread.php?tid=30318)

*Tre' Mendus Johnson Rookie Prospect Press Conference (Q & A) - allbetsonjames - 02-27-2021

The crowd is gathered outside near the practice fields at the parks in Hollywood, FL. Banners line the streets "TRULY" they say. In the center of it all a crowd gathers, in front of the Blue and White stage "Truly Tremendous" is shown in the background. Reporters are in the front, camera flashing, school students and more come out to watch a spectacle as a home town legend prepares for his first shot at the big time. His first interview since declaring to go Pro.

Tre' walks out to cheers and flashing lights and steps up to the podium.

"Thank you all for coming, its great seeing all the support from the community here, even on this super hot day, I really appreciate it. And I'm basically ready for any questions you have may have for me just line up to that mic *points to center* and ask away, reporters or aspiring athletes, I have all day"

(PLEASE ASK ME QUESTIONS)

Quote:Noanic

How do you like it in the Coyotes LR so far?

So far, it has been a great experience, the teammates are always there and you can feel the comradery. While I may be a little quiet in there, I’m really just taking it all in learning from everyone. Its been a great time so far for my scouting trial and I’m glad they have already trusted me a bit to go in on gameday. The group has a good outlook and winning attitude, I would be super amped to stay on the team and continue that journey with them. The thing is its all a team sport I feel here in football its all about trust and respect of each other and if the team has that in everyone there is nothing that can stop them And that is shown in Kansas City.

How do you prepare for gameday?

My tradition ever since the incident with my brother has never changed. Ever since that day I told him all of this, this whole journey is for the both of us. If I’m not in the hometown is the only difference of if I pay him a visit first. But the usual, Wake Up, morning run, 2.5 miles, minimum. Come back in, eat breakfast generally just a pound of bacon and some Sunny Delight. All while I’m overlooking the playbook reading up on the matchups, preparation is key. Continue it off with a scenic drive towards the stadium usually like to see the ocean, in KC there is a bit of a lack of beach as here in Hollywood by these beaches. Get to the stadium, Headphones on warmups begin. Into the locker room, Music blaring, getting myself psyched in the zone. Lately its been the hometown man Denzel Curry on the playlist. Then its game time, and we all know what that means.

What are your goals as a Coyote?

Well, since I’m technically only on a late season trial, I would assume the first goal would be to stay here. But even if its only in this short time, I just want to leave an impact, maybe that push to the playoffs, I want to be out here known as the playmaker the leader on this defense, the Defensive QB if you will, My goal is to win. Flat out, whether I get 10 tackles a game or 0. If they bring it (the ball) to me I show them why they shouldn’t, if they don’t Its because they already fear what I can do. Whatever I need to do to bring that winning mentality to the my team is all I need. I’m there to win, and go down as a leader. All there really is to it.

Whats your favorite beer and why?

I’ll be honest I’m not a beer drinker. I have dabbled in some but I’m bigger into the liquors and hard things. Ironically being on the Coyotes now, one of my go to drinks is the KC Tea. For those who want to know, plug the ears for the kids, That Sprite, Lemonade and Hennessey. But aside from that I’ll keep it simple with some old fashion’s. If I picked a beer I would just go with an Angry Orchard, but I guess that’s a cider so. We will see if things change, I need to mix in some Kansas City Barbeque while I’m here just in case.

Are you taking part at gamenight?

I haven’t been made aware of game night yet, I will have to see what that is all about.

Quote:Firstfray

Your player has been generating some interest by scouts, how do you manage that?

Well since Highschool I have always kind of been in the media’s eye. I just kind of take it as it comes, I generally try to lay low and let my gameplay speak for itself, anything scouts want to ask me can go on and feel free. For now I try to not let it bother me. I know this is the big step to the league after college. But I am here on a mission and I’m bringing that mentality to win wherever I go and however I can, no matter what team scouts me or drafts me. They are getting someone who is coming to win.

In your opinion, what makes a good football player?

To me I think High IQ is one of the best things in a player, things like speed and size cant be taught so its rough to say things like that, but having that brain power on how to read things is a major factor. You can be the fastest person who can run in a straight line, but what does that do if someone knows how to cut you off or throw you off that path and slow you down. Reading peoples eyes and getting that sixth sense of what is going to happen is a major aspect. IQ and awareness is everything, can see what is happening or is going to happen and when you have mindset of tendencies and openly knowing what people seem to like to take advantage of then becomes your advantage and you can tell what will happen and pre adjust for it. And that is how you turn the tables against them and win games.

What position do you think the team could improve in?

Uh so far, I haven’t been here too long so I haven’t gotten to fully gauge it all. I have already been slotted here into the line backer spot so it seems that’s already one improvement down, maybe the defense still has some work, but once I get a full view of the Coyotes I will come back to this and see where things stand.

Once the offseason hits, what skill will you improve?

Well my main thing is I will have some experience and reflect off of that, being able to already have some time here will help me with that same IQ aspect, but if I feel that my tackling or strength is sub par so far then I will adjust wherever seems fit based on what I and whatever team drafts me feels. Im probably looking to keep going with strength, tackling, and IQ.

Quote:Opera Phantom

First league impressions?

So far everything is pretty straight forward, had a little bit of issue navigating around some of the areas, but I was able to get help through the locker room and other GMs as well, just to where things happen and things and where certain things are. Overall its pretty standard and just looking to keep things rolling and it will all keep coming to me, and if it doesn’t when something comes up I have yet to find someone who has not been willing to help.

Quote:Opera Phantom

Quick answer, one thing you would change on the league?

Umm, it’s a little fast paced but maybe its just because I kind of got thrust in, so Im still getting used to it. Not really much I can say to this point, but maybe more definitive positions like specific OLB vs MLB idk if that’s kind of built into the archetypes so that may be a mis judgement on my part, but nothing really sticks out as bad for me, Its really just me familiarizing myself with the layout of everything so I cant even say navigation or anything either. Basically, I just think it’s a bit too soon for me to be able to say something I would change. Come back with this question at the end of my first full season and I will try to take another stab at it. Its all good so far though no complaints.

Quote:Musha6570

Who named you?

My mother. (But the real story is just one year I was playing Madden. I wanna say 2016 or so it was right when they first introduced connected franchise. Me and some friends were a couple seasons deep and the name happened to be auto generated as a Running back for a top five draft class rookie, we ended up just always laughing about it and it was just a funny name that stuck with us.)

I will give it a day or so for some more to fall in before I mark it for closing.

RE: Tre' Mendus Johnson Rookie Prospect Press Conference (Q & A) - noanic - 02-27-2021

How do you like it in the Coyotes LR so far?

How do you prepare for gameday?

What are your goals as a Coyote?

Whats your favorite beer and why?

Are you taking part at gamenight?

RE: Tre' Mendus Johnson Rookie Prospect Press Conference (Q & A) - firstfray - 02-27-2021

Your player has been generating some interest by scouts, how do you manage that?

In your opinion, what makes a good football player?

What position do you think the team could improve in?

Once the offseason hits, what skill will you improve?

RE: Tre' Mendus Johnson Rookie Prospect Press Conference (Q & A) - Opera_Phantom - 02-27-2021

First league impressions?

Quick answer, one thing you would change on the league?

RE: Tre' Mendus Johnson Rookie Prospect Press Conference (Q & A) - musha6570 - 02-27-2021

Who named you?