International Simulation Football League
*EYES OF A ISFL DRAFTEE x2 Media - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *EYES OF A ISFL DRAFTEE x2 Media (/showthread.php?tid=30327)

*EYES OF A ISFL DRAFTEE x2 Media - TheSparkyDee - 02-27-2021

Hello everyone! Welcome to the DSFL Draft Dinner, I am Mike Hunt aka TheSparkyDee! I’m here to tell you a little bit about the draft and how I experienced it coming out of college. Sit back enjoy this story……..

The day came. And the day went. Mike Hunt went through the drafting experience twice in two seasons. His first one was in the DSFL where he was selected by the Minnesota Grey Ducks in the second round with the 21st pick. The draft came and he was in Florida with his family at Disney World, trying to get his mind off something, but he received a call from a scout from the DSFL. He was a great guy. Mike Hunt was talking to this scout for hours. He knew he would love this team if drafted by them. He had one option instead. He played alongside at his Duke and that someone was a TE of one of the DSFL teams and he told the coaches he would put in a good word. He was scouted at the ISFL Draft Combine by 4 other teams. He knew deep down he was not going to be drafted high. And he wanted to just be drafted. But he thought to himself what if he is not good without his college quarterback. What if he was not good anymore, what if one of the bullets hit him and he did not know it. There were a lot of what if’s. He was just settling into bed to watch the draft back at the hotel in Florida. He got a call when the second round started, it was the scout for a team that was on his list. He said the GM will be drafting you if you are there. I hope you fall to us. The teams who passed on him were not happy with his combine and senior bowl. Finally the second round started and the call from a UNKNOWN number popped up on his phone. The man says “Mike Hunt… holy sh** I am glad to see you on the board. We are taking you when it’s our turn. Be ready. I will call again when it is time.” Mike Hunt was confused by what just happened. So pick 20 comes up on the screen. Phone rings again. “Mike Hunt.. son are you ready to play in the DSFL?” Mike was so excited he said YES! The voice said “this is CC with the Minnesota Grey Ducks and we are excited to have you on board, our scout said you guys hit it off and had a great conversation about life, sports, and MILK! I want to welcome you to the Ducks team and we will see you soon.” Mike Hunt realized he made it. He made it to the ISFL! And he wanted to tell the teams that slept on him and did not take him…. They made a massive mistake!

My experience of the draft is this…. Talk to every scout that speaks to you, tell them honestly how active you will be! And do not be afraid to do media, or graphics and even can do a podcast! When I was scouted for the DSFL I want to say every team reached out to me! And I talked to everyone I could, and I was a wide receiver, I did not want to change positions, I have been wanting to be a WIDE RECEIVER my entire life, so I got a chance to somewhat fulfill my dream of being a 6 foot 3 Wide Receiver in a sim league! DREAMS DO COME TRUE! I was actually in Florida on vacation when the draft happened and I had no idea where I was going in the draft. I have some sim league experience at the time so I thought I’d be selected in the first round… I was wrong. Second round started and I did not know what was happening… and then Minnesota decided to take me when I thought if I did not end up in Minnesota I would have been a Buccaneer in Bondi Beach. The door opened up when I was selected with the 21st pick of the s26 DSFL draft by the Minnesota Grey Ducks and that season I became the number one receiver in the last three weeks of my rookies campaign and averaged over a 100 yards a game in those last three games.

My message to all the new Draftees, have fun with the scouting portion of it. It is a great time to go and talk to all the scouts. When your name is still on the board and a team see’s you there and the whole wad room goes off and tells the GM (WHO DID NOT EVEN KNOW I EXISTED) take this guy… take him now. That is a great feeling to have. And another thing I enjoy is being drafted a little bit later…. They look at me as a steal. A mid second round player who is going to be who everyone thought a meh pick! Next season as a Minnesota Grey Duck, I will be going to try and break records! Mike Hunt is a monster that can catch anything thrown up to him! His speed is also something that he can use to speed by defenses. You will have to find what your best strat is because once you do, you will be a fierce player in this league! For all the new draftees! Enjoy this time, because soon you will be just another player on the team! Do not get discouraged if they draft someone else at your position in the next draft or maybe the following draft after that. Keep working hard and getting your GAINS UP and you will be the number one option on that team! Make sure you listen to people! Have an open mind about your player… See what the team needs… See what the GMs want out of your player! You will be with this team for only a few seasons but it is something you need to know how to do.. if you are new to this. The way I see it is your player, your rules, but see what is the best fit for the team. I asked my GM in Minnesota what they wanted… and they told me! So I took what I wanted my player to be, but also bettered the team with some stuff the GMs needed! Every GM loves to see how you are on the field, but they love it more when you are a team player on and off the field and they care most is how important you are to the locker room structure. Being engaged in your team is a good thing!

The draft is a new beginning for everyone participating in this draft. We will see who is going to be going where. New faces on new teams and that is why the draft is my favorite part of the season!! We see people walking into the locker room sometimes for the first time ever and being amazed at all the old timers, the current players and the coaches and even friends of the team are all in the locker room conversing as one! The GMs are a massive part of this experience in the locker room of a DSFL! They need to have a DSFL locker room running smoothly, because if not... people are not going to want to come play for your team. My Russain cousin is the Co-GM in the SHL’s development league called the SMJHL. He was telling me about his first draft he had last season and the nerves as a GM is one hundred percent different than being a player in the draft. Your on the edge of your seat each pick with “is this guy going to fall to me” and “we want this guy if he falls to us” and of course “what if he doesn’t fall who is our backup?” Us as players have it easy. We just sit there and look pretty and wait for our name to be called. So if you are nervous remember what the GMs are going through… the anxiety, stress, tapping, moving around a lot, and having a weird laugh during it.

If you need any more advice let me know! I am always here. I want to tell you this… I started by working my butt off to get noticed by all the teams, I did everything I could do to get as much TPE as I could to make my player the best he can be to help any team win! I made an article about my player and trying to tell people about him! Mike Hunt is my first creation in the ISFL. He’s a BIG 6 foot 3 wide receiver who wants to do what is best for his team, but also wants to score all the touchdowns. I thought if I could tell the teams about Mike Hunt and how he is a perfect person in the locker room. And I thought if I told people about him and how he is a great team player and then he would get drafted by the team who thought would be the best fit for Mike Hunt. I did not know what to expect from being a new guy in the ISFL. Who would want to take the risk on me? Is he even going to stay active? He is in another sim league... Why draft him!? Does he know anything about other Simulation Leagues? Those questions were going through my head and I was wondering if anyone wanted to take a chance on my first generation player in the ISFL who doesn’t have good stats, and was being rated around the 4th round by some ISFL media writers.

When it came to media writing, I was reading every-time my name was being tagged into an article about the draft class. I kept hearing things like this class isn’t good enough, or this class is crap, and won’t amount to anything. Hearing that for some people would have probably made them go inactive.. not me, it made me want to work harder to get as much TPE as I could. Have fun with it, and what they are saying about your player is that he is a new player and set at low TPE so you’re not going to be breaking records like Randy Moss. You have to work to get your player to become the best of the best, that’s why I wanted to get drafted so bad. I wanted to start and grow my player into the best of the best. But before all that I had to learn how to update my thread! When I first joined the sim leagues I had an issue with my update thread.

I have a message to every new man or woman joining. Learn how to update your thread before adding all the stuff you’ve done. Make sure your links are in order. I used to have an issue with copying the correct link to the correct claim for my TPE. So take your time and ask a lot of questions. People will help and read the how to pages. They help a lot. BUT REMEMBER IN ALL THINGS THIS! Being a good team player in the locker room and taking part in the Discord shenanigans, it makes this whole simulation league mode more fun than it already is. Your teammates are what makes you come back and want to play it more and more.

The ISFL is easy and simple to use. I’m still learning but once I figured out how to do the thing I was messing up, it was simple and easy to do. I hope you enjoy your time here. If you newbies have any questions I would be glad to help you out. TheSparkyDee#2422 on discord.

(2002 words 2x Draft Media)

RE: EYES OF A ISFL DRAFTEE x2 Media - gucci - 02-28-2021

SparkyDee for 1OA