International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel (/showthread.php?tid=30346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

(S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Kyamprac - 03-01-2021

(S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S27 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, March 7, at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: It's hard to believe the regular season will be coming to an end this week already! Write about your favorite highlights from the season so far. Did you or your teammate have a particularly great game? What happened that made it worthy of a highlight reel? (hint for the new rookies out there - if you need some ideas, check out @Tesla's highlights in rookie discord!)

Graphic option: Create a graphic showing your favorite highlight of the season.

Affiliate claims from SHL, PBE, and GOMHL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Menace0528 - 03-01-2021

Okay so there’s one player in particular I feel like I must talk about. It’s a play by Marlon Brando (me) and it’s one of the best things I have ever seen in the history of ever. It was a game near the middle end of the year, and for the most part it was just like any other game for me other than one spectacular play. I think i ended the game with a mediocre three tackles, so the game itself wasn’t really much for me, but one of those three tackles were one of the best tackles i have ever made. So it was a run up the middle, where the running back made it past the defensive line, past the linebackers, and just kept running. By this point every single defensive player was chasing after him, but seemingly unable to tackle him. And then I see that I made the tackle after the 37 yard run by the running back. So the reason that’s impressive as that Marlon Brando is a defensive tackle. A 300 pound, 75 speed, defensive tackle. Despite all of this, I somehow managed to run the 37 yards necessary to make the tackle, and I somehow ran fast enough to beat everyone else on defense to the runningback. That has to be what I consider one of the biggest highlights of the season.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Rusfan - 03-01-2021

If Joel Drake is to win safety of the year it will be from his game against the New York Silverbacks in week 9. With a statline of 7 tackles 2 interceptions 2 pass deflections and a touchdown that game will certainly be up for performance of the year. The surprising thing is that this statline almost entirely came within 2 drives of each other. With 5:42 left in the 1st he intercepted his first Sam Howitzer pass and returned it a few yards. The Yeti took a 3-2 lead off of this and the Silverbacks took the field again. Howitzer completed a pass, got sacked, and then threw a second pick to Joel Drake who returned that pick 40 yards for a touchdown, putting the Yeti up 10-2. There are other solid games throughout the year of course. Against Chicago the very next week he added 2 more pass deflections and a pick, though the Yeti lost that game 37-27. Philadelphia 2 weeks previously had also been generous enough to give Drake an INT. And we don’t want to go through this section without mentioning the cool fact that he also had a pick in only the second drive of the season facing the Sailfish.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Tesla - 03-01-2021

This is a point task so nice that I am going to do it twice! Now since my highlight work was referenced I feel it only appropriate that I bring in my good friend Sim Rep to help me handle this point task. So Sim Rep tell me about the game that we will be covering please!

Sim Rep: New Orleans Second Line at San Jose Sabercats. Second Line won 49 to 17.

That is a great game to pick as it was a decisive game on both sides of the ball for New Orleans and makes it easy to make a case for a highlight reel performance for either side. Now tell me who the offensive player of the game is please Sim Rep!

Sim Rep: Offensive player of the game is quarterback Ben Slothlisberger with a stat line of 22 of 28 for 275 yards passing, an average of 9.8 yards per pass attempt, 4 touchdowns, and a passer rating of 147.2.

Wow! Now for those following along at home that is damn near a perfect passer rating and thus should provide plenty of material for this point task. Early in the second quarter is when Slothlisberger started his dominance with a four play drive where he was a perfect 3 for 3, and that would end in a 1 yard touchdown pass to Adam Spencer on third and inches. The next drive for New Orleans was similar as Slothlisberger was a perfect 5 for 5 on the drive, and it ended in a 1 yard touchdown pass to Adam Spencer on third and goal.

Opening drive of the third quarter and Slothlisberger had two of his passes broken up back to back, but on third and ten found Austin McCormick deep for a 47 yard gain that would set them up just outside the red zone. A run by Mike later and Slothlisberger found McCormick again for a 21 yard touchdown on second and seven. The next drive was similar in that it was built off a big play, but this time it took just one as Slothlisberger connected with Ed Barker for a 43 yard touchdown on third and sixteen. Reading this I have learned Ben is big time on third down! Now please tell me who the defensive player of the game is Sim Rep!

Sim Rep: Defensive player of the game is defensive tackle Magnus Rikiya with a stat line of 3 tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery.

This could be prideful on my part to pick a game where my client was the defensive player of the game, but as that was a rarity in the old sim I am going to just embrace being able to talk about him performing well. Now since he only had three plays in the game this will be quite quick. First play was a tackle after just two yards on a second and ten early in the second quarter as part of a three and out. The second and most impressive by far was a 7 yard sack on first and ten early in the third quarter though as Magnus forced a fumble and recovered it on the spot. That is the play that set up Slothlisberger's 43 yard touchdown pass to Ed Barker as well so the team did capitalize on the takeaway. Third play was a good one my Magnus as he only gave up a yard and forced a fumble, but unfortunately it was on second and inches and the opponent recovered it. That drive still ended in a punt though courtesy of the rest of the defense flying around and making plays.

Code:
Word Count: 614
Note: This was super fun! Thank you!

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - dude_man - 03-01-2021

So there was a game earlier this season where it brought up that my player, Cade Williams, appeared on the highlight box that I pancaked a defender, and our RB Preston Parker would score the TD in that same play. So I like to think that I was responsible for that TD for the Luchadores. I believe we also won that game as well.

There was another one where I led the team in pancakes for my first game of the season against the Dallas Birddogs (I’ve done it 3 times total this season). It will always be a memorable moment for me because it was great to know that I was able to contribute as a rookie, let alone a new player. The Luchadores have a separate channel within the LR that gives praise to the blocker of the game, and I was proud to be the one selected for that game specifically.

I think the biggest highlight of the season overall is when our rookie CB Juno Hoo made a pick six to win the game against Norfolk I believe. It was a huge moment because we needed every game to count from there on to make it to the playoffs in the DSFL, and now we’re there, trying to achieve the impossible and reach 9 Ultimini’s. Let’s get those dubs Luchas!

(224 words)

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Opera_Phantom - 03-01-2021

Well, so far, so good. With Jay Cue changing positions this season, from QB to Offensive Line, he is definitely helping the Arizona Outlaws and its rookie QB Charlemagne Cortez, so thing are going pretty well all things considered.

Not only he's been helping his team to a playoff berth (with 2 games to go in the regular season, they have a 10 - 4 record, good for T-1 in the conference), Cue is near the top of the OL rankings. While it is very unlikely that he gets the most desired individual award, OL of the year, as he needs to have 2 incredible games with maybe 12 - 15 pancakes without giving up any sacks, he is still gonna be ending up at least top 5 of the league. He had some pretty underwhelming games during the season, with 3 or 4 pancakes, but every once in a while he gets 10 or even more pancakes, which is amazing for someone who just got into the position during the offseason.

With retirement already set in stone, Cue wants to finish strong, and with a good playoff run. As a QB he only had 1 playoff game, so he definitely wants to get those numbers up and get that ring he has been chasing.

(213 words)

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Drizzy - 03-01-2021

SHL PT (username is dankoa)

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Crunk - 03-01-2021

I think if you asked any Arizona Outlaw what the biggest highlight play of the season was, they would give you the same answer. Let me break this one down for you.

It's Week 8. The Outlaws are hosting the Sailfish. The game has been a fairly even affair, with a couple of turnovers giving Sarasota the edge. The Outlaws have battled back from 10-0 to 13-10. At 0:48 in the Fourth Quarter, Outlaws defensive end Logan Noble Jr forces a fumble from Running Back, and recovers it. Arizona have possession at their own 41 yard line.

Arizona come out in a 2TE set, with Taro Raimon the lone wideout. The Sailfish line up in a Cover 4 look, clearly expecting the Hail Mary at this point in the game.

The ball is snapped. Charlemagne Cortez drops, and surveys the field. Both Outlaws tight ends are trying to find space between zones in the middle of the field - they're decoys, but they seem to be doing their job. Tatsu Nakamura is running a wheel route on the right of the field, and he is wide open. Sailfish cornerback Peter Patterson has missed him and come inside to help cover tight end Rigby Raccoon.

At the moment the ball is thrown, there are 12 yards between Nakamura and the nearest defender, with a clear path to the end zone. But Cortez doesn't look right. On the left side of the field, Taro Raimon is running a hitch and go route, and just as he gets Sailfish cornerback Harrison Andrews on his heels, Cortez sails one perfectly for Raimon to burst onto. Raimon catches it just past midfield, with a clear field ahead of him, but the speedy Andrews isn't giving up on the play.

Meanwhile, Nakamura is 10 yards deeper than Raimon, and starts to curl back to the left side of the field. Just as Andrews appears to be catching up to Raimon at the 30 yard line, Tatsu appears, and delivers a crushing downfield block on Andrews that leaves Raimon free to trot into the end zone.

What a route. What a throw. What a block. What a way to win a game.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - bluesfan55 - 03-01-2021

shl pt: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114317&pid=2995864#pid2995864

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - retrospace111 - 03-01-2021

For great performances, I have to shoutout the GOAT kicker, Gluteus Maximus. The #1 kicker in the DSFL, the strongest of them all. This guy may not be accurate, but what he lacks in accuracy he makes up for and more in kick power. He's made 6 50+ yarders, when no other kicker has even made more than 2. Gluteus Maximus is so strong his coach made him attempt 11 of those long FGs. He hit the longest FG of the year, at 54 yards. In week 12, Maximus scored 13 points for his team, going 3/4 on FGs and 4/4 on XPs. On the defensive side of the ball, we have Mills Wallace, who is making a strong case for DEOTY, but Bean Beanman will probably run away with that award. Mills has 18 TFLs, which is first for any DL by lot, and 2nd to only a Tijuana LB. Wallace has 8 sacks, good for 4th in the league, but 3rd in DEs. He also had 3 FFs, so this dude is just an all around playmaker. Minny has some great players in the secondary, with Gath and Chuggs leading that defense. There's a reason why Minnesota has the most turnovers in the league. They also lead the league in sacks and safeties, so just a great, playmaking defense. It's no surprise why they are the #1 scoring defense with these kinds of playmakers.