International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel (/showthread.php?tid=30346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Bruins10 - 03-06-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - OrvalOverallOveralls - 03-06-2021

I just joined the league but I've already had a major highlight happen to my team- the semifinal game that was just broadcasted. I sat in chat on the stream and within the discord and awaited a victory, the whole team was expecting a strong outing. The game wound up becoming back and forth and we were genuinely nervous as it went along. We got an early lead but they came right back and fought us all the way through. There were several massive plays by the Luchadores. I watched, hoping I'd step on the field but I didn't see my number called. I stayed with it to root on the team and it was an absolute nail-biter. The chat was going absolutely berserk at the final seconds. A penalty sealed their fate, which allowed us to take the final score. Our discord imploded with excitement, it was crazy to see everyone all react so immediately and forcefully. Really felt a part of a team there because we all went through a plethora of emotions leading up to those final seconds already, and to have such a wild ending, it was incredible. I'm not sure when I'll be seeing such a fantastical finish like that again, it was truly extraordinary.

Code:
211 Words

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - RussDrivesTheBus - 03-06-2021

It’s the 4th quarter. Star Running Back, Madison Hayes, has just punched in a 1-yard touchdown on for the Minnesota Grey Ducks with less than 3 minutes on the clock. The Portland Pythons, led by their stalwart QB Lebron James III, have a chance to drive to get into field goal range for the tie, or to punish Minnesota with the game winning score. The Minnesota defense has bottled up this monster offense all game, but they’re growing weary.

The drive starts with a fumble, forced by the ghost of Tyron Shields. Portland recovers, but is stopped short of the 1st down. 4th and 1. Portland elect to run, and they convert. A couple lengthy passes gains them a first down in Minnesota territory. A Portland false start is immediately answered with a Too Many Men penalty, by the same “man” that forced the fumble earlier. 2 more great passes from Lebron has Portland in FG range with under a minute remaining. Lebron spikes the ball to give his team a breather. Unfortunately, he also gave the Duck’s defense the rest they needed. On the next play, Lebron stepped back, checked his first read, and scanned back to the middle. He launched a ball to the middle, that found the loving embrace of the Ducks’ one and only John Price! The interception finished the game off and the Ducks escaped with a hard-fought victory. Doesn’t get much better than that!

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - katarn22 - 03-06-2021

I feel like I write about this in every PT, but with the transition to the new sim engine, there have been a ton of changes. One of those changes was my swap to the cornerback position. It has been very enjoyable for me, especially since I led the ISFL in passes defended this season. But rather than taking the time to write about myself this point task, I want to focus on other members of the defensive secondary.

The first person I want to talk about is C.J. Sonjack, cornerback for the London Royals from user Ace. Ace really wanted to come to London and we were happy to make that a reality. He had an absolutely phenomenal season, leading the DSFL with 7 interceptions on the year. Fun fact, every game where he recorded an interception, he had multiple. Two games with 2 interceptions, and one game with 3 interceptions (in the first half alone by the way). If this man doesn't win DSFL CBotY at the very least, I will be shocked.

The next member of the secondary I want to focus on is not actually one person but rather a group of people. Colorado's defensive secondary has been phenomenal this season. As one of its members, I might be biased. But the numbers speak for themselves. Colorado's defense led the ISFL in interceptions, passes defended, and defensive touchdowns. Perhaps even more impressive is that 4 out of 5 members of the secondary had defensive touchdowns (guess who was the one that did not), and 6 out of 11 defensive starters had touchdowns as well. I have no idea where this ranks in terms of all-time historical performances, but at least in my book it is number one.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - KezKincaid - 03-06-2021

As a post Trade Deadline waiver wire pickup, Gronku Muerto unfortunately didn't get a chance to create any highlight reel plays of his own. However, having the chance to join a Portland team which was on a big roll was a great experience. He got to observe from the sidelines and learn from the great players on the team what it takes to be successful in the league. Even though he is a tight end and generally focuses more on receiving, he can still appreciate a great running game. In week 13, there was one such one-man highlight reel as Portland running back Sam TwoSix put on a clinic, rushing for 118 yards total. But more than that, he got to witness close-up as TwoSix broke free for a 73 yard gain with a marvelous display of juking, spinning, evading tackles, and willing himself to stay upright. It was especially fun as the play broke right up the sidelines where Gronku was standing with his team, and he whooped and hollered and ran down the sidelines cheering on his new team mate. Hearing the roar of the crowd as they lustily yelled their appreciation of such a fine display of athleticism, Gronku knew that he wanted that in hiw own career as well, to hear the adulation and approval of the fans and his team. Some day!

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - puolivalmiste - 03-06-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - CalvinGolladay - 03-06-2021

My highlight of the season has to be both of my teams making the playoffs. Tijuana snuck in after a solid season, while Zona had a strong hold on the #2 seed. As a player I didn't have a ton of highlights, it was a solid season but ultimately not too great, so team success was the focus for me. However, getting to watch Tijuana make it to the playoffs with what's looking like a low number of soon-to-be callups. Zona also has a relatively young roster, though the goal was to send off the vets with at least some playoff success. Unfortunately a mystery automatic first down and blowout against NOLA in the 1st round kind of killed my dreams. I wouldn't be too disappointed with the Tijuana results, except that it was Tonzy's last season and a trio of really bad penalties screwed us out of an Ultimini for Tonzy. The Zona one was arguably even worse. I was hoping we could send off Cue with an Ultimus, or even just a playoff win. I was excited for it all day, but actually completely forgot about the game at like 7 and only realized at ~9 when I found out through Discord. So all-in-all, more lowlights than highlights this season.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Gragg9 - 03-06-2021

As usual my idea of a highlight/favorite game is perhaps a little different than the norm. The stat line is for my teammate, IsHe...ReallyInvisible?. But wait, They’re not a Grey Duck? Indeed! The game was in the prospect bowl as a Machu Pichu Sol. I don’t think there’s anyway I can get the exact stats but I do have footage of the play of the year recorded. It was week 3 of the prospect bowl and the Sols final game. We were playing the Auckland Laser Kiwis with a comfortable 8 point lead in the fourth quarter with 7 minutes on the clock. All we needed to do was nab a few first downs and maybe a score and it was game over. The pressure was on and crowd noise was wild as Invisible took the snap. Pressure was coming so they tucked the ball and ran for 15 yards and a first down!.....Then threw the ball into coverage for an incompletion. Such an inexplicable play shook the team to its core as they proceeded to go 3 and out on that drive. The Kiwi’s quickly scored 8 points followed by a field goal, knocking the Sols out of Prospect Bowl contention. It was a helluva introduction to dot football and something that I refuse to let @JPach ever live down.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/797853259326029853/801273515424743444/Prospect_Bowl_Day_3_of_3_and_Championship_Game.gif

Words ~ 233

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - TheRocheLimit - 03-06-2021

Let me tell you about the greatest offensive performance of the year. I know because I happened to be on the sidelines watching my teammate destroy the opposition. This is the story of Captain Rogers' week 7 performance against the Yellowknife Wraiths.

The New York Silverbacks were the road team, playing in Yellowknife against a Wraiths team that would go on to win 10 games. After a scoreless first quarter the Wraiths drew first blood with a touchdown run early in the second quarter. Captain Rogers answered back a mere four minutes later with his first touchdown of the game. He was just getting started.

Early in the third quarter the game was knotted up at 14-14. Our Silverbacks defense had just allowed a big touchdown. As I left the field I heard Rogers say "I got this". He wasn't lying. Rogers caught a pass from Sam Howitzer to put us up a score and as he came back to the sidelines I could see he was thirsty for more. At the end of the quarter Rogers plunged into the endzone from a yard out to give the team a three score lead.

The Wraiths scored early in the fourth quarter to trim the deficit to 14 and that's when Captain Rogers decided to put the final nail in the coffin. Rogers found the endzone for the fourth time just five minutes later and officially put the game out of reach.

Four touchdowns. Three on the ground and one through the air. It was an offensive explosion and I'm happy to say that I was there to witness it firsthand.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Philliesphan96 - 03-06-2021

Austin did not have a particularly great season this season so the is not really many highlights to be proud of and write about for this season since we just did not play well. So instead of any particular highlight that my team or my player in particular had that I will be writing about, I will write about just being back in the great state of Texas to play football again. Do not get me wrong, being from Delaware, it was nice being back in the north east to play football, and I loved my time with the Silverbacks, but there's just a special spot in my heart for Austin since they were the team that first drafted me. So my highlight for the season is playing football once more in Austin, Texas and being with my old teammates again. Even though we only won 3 games, I do not count this season as a loss. Being around my old teammates for the whole season made even a 3 and 13 season not seem so dark. It also could be worse of course. We could have had 0 wins like Baltimore. So just to reiterate, my highlight from this season was playing with old friends and at least winning 3 games.