International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel (/showthread.php?tid=30346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - JuOSu - 03-06-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Mojojojo - 03-06-2021

Today, if you will endure me, I will be recounting the epic 1-year anniversary game between the newest DSFL franchises: the London Royals and the Dallas Birddogs. Now it is blatantly obvious which of these franchises is better. In all of their head-to-head matchups, the Royals lead the Birddogs is 10-4 and the regular season point differential is +110 for the Royals through 7 seasons. And just to put aside any last remnants of doubt as to who is unequivocally and all-around the better franchise the two teams created their best all-time roster and played a best-out-of-three exhibition match. 

I (Ernest Lover) had the honor of being nominated to the roster for the London Royals and getting a chance to take the field in the grey and gold once again. Through the first two games, each team had one win, so all of the bragging rights are resting on this final match. There are just over 8 minutes left in the fourth quarter and the score is 28-24, with the Royals in the lead. The Birddogs start a long drive from their own 5 yard line but make steady progress down the field towards the red zone, eating away precious time from the clock. 3 minutes left and they are on the London 10 yard line; it is second and goal and the home-town fans in London are anxiously watching the goal line. I have been struggling to make an impact this game, not having even registered a single tackle yet so far. But now, now is my chance to make an impact. Dallas hands the ball off to Zoe Watts (RB), but I stuff her quickly at the line of scrimmage and take her down hard, forcing a fumble. As my teammate secures the ball, the stadium erupts in excitement as the tide has swung. Preventing a score and maintaining the lead, our offense just has to complete a first down and kneel it out for the win. I have helped make history! 
Royals >>>>> Birddogs

#BangBangLionGang

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Seymour - 03-06-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Vorshayla - 03-06-2021

The one highlight that stands out to me this year was HeHateMe PickSix II's lone interception for the year. He returned it for a TD and finally lived up to his namesake. Not even his 2 time champion father could accomplish that feat. What makes it even more special was that it was for his father's team who recently relocated to Bondi Beach and proved to the fans and the members of the league that he is very capable of being out of the shadow of his infamous father. PickSix II was able to prove himself as a premier ball hawk in this league as he had an amazing season with pass defended as well as two forced fumbles, recovering one himself as well. A true force on the defensive side of the ball, Chicago will surely be calling him up to the big leagues next year where he will have the opportunity to prove himself among the ISFL's greatest receivers.

In addition to his amazing Picksix, PickSix II also had a monster game against one of the league's premier receivers this season against his own Chicago teammate in Numbers, as Numbers was thrown to 12 times in a game, but only caught 2 passes as PickSix II was on him the entire game, finishing with 5 PDs and just hounding his own teammate to be all game. It was truly a game to behold as it showed the boom or bust nature of the enigmatic cornerback since he also gave up a touchdown to Numbers.

256 words

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - firstfray - 03-06-2021

Boy did Dexter Hall save one of his top performances for the playoffs. This past weeks playoff game against the Portland Pythons ended in an exciting fashion (for the Coyotes at least) and it was largely thanks to the efforts of the defensive leader, Dexter Hall. With a stat line of 5 tackles, a sack, a pass defensed, and an interception, Hall was all over the field. His first big play occurred early in the 2nd quarter with Portland driving deep into the redzone. On a 2nd and 10, Hall blitzed off the edge at blazing speed, giving QB LeBron James III no time to make his reads. For a decisive 11 yard sack, the pythons were faced with a 3rd and 21 and despite a solid 14 yard gain, they had to settle for a field goal. In a game that was closer than the score suggests, holding the pythons to just 3 points in this situation was monumental. 

His next big play came on the very final play of the 1st half. The pythons were sitting at their own 37 yard line with only 18 seconds left. Everything was pointing in the direction of the time running out before Portland got the chance to score. However, big play RB Roman had other plans. The Coyotes have experienced first-hand how explosive Roman can be (see their second match up). On this play Roman got the ball and broke through the line as he raced down the open field towards the endzone. Not on Hall's watch. Known for stopping these big plays, Dexter Hall caught up to Roman D.K. Metcalf style tackling him short of the endzone to end the half squandering Portlands chance to add to their lead.

Hall's final big play was arguably his best. After a pathetic punt by the Coyotes for 28 yards, Portland was looking to put the game away with their 7 game lead. Lined up at midfield, QB LeBron James III dropped back to pass but Hall jumped the route for the interception! The Coyotes were set up at midfield and Troy Abed was able to lead the offense down the field to tie the game!

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - WhatAmUs - 03-07-2021

Graphic Option

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - overdoo - 03-07-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - FootballIsCool - 03-07-2021

Shl Affiliate - Different Forum Username: Hockeyiscool

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - FleshBagSoup - 03-07-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - CLG Rampage - 03-07-2021

Well, Raske did absolutely nothing for the entire season. Shocker, I know, but he was the backup literally the entire season. I knew it was gonna happen, the team already had a fully maxed Negs on the roster, but now I have my chance to start next season. So hopefully I can make the most of that.

ANYWAYS, one of the team's best performers all season long on the Ducks was Madison Hayes, veteran running back. Minnesota was definitely a run heavy team, with him having the 2nd most carries in the entire league, and he earned those carries, snagging Offensive Performance of the Week on 3 seperate occassions. Out of those 3, his best performance was undoubtedly versus London, where Hayes stomped the Royals almost singlehandedly, accouting for nearly half of the teams scoring. Alongside his general dominance, Hayes ripped off an 83 yard touchdown, the 4th longest run in the league this season.

Tim Soulja also had a great game versus Norfolk in week 14, even if the team did lose due to lack of offensive production. He managed a tackle, a sack and an interception that was returned for a touchdown. While it wasn't enough to keep Norfolk from winning, he still put the hurt on them and gave us a lead, at least for a little while.