International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel (/showthread.php?tid=30346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - timeconsumer - 03-07-2021

See the problem is I really don't remember which game this was but it happened pretty recently. There was a game that near the end had I think it was 3 TDs scored in about the final 2 minutes and 40 seconds. first there was an interception of some sort that set up the team for a go ahead TD on a short field. Then the previous offense got the ball backand proceeded to do a nice quick drive down the field and score a TD to bring the game back into their favor, or maybe it was a tie. Now that I think about it I think Boss was the QB so that means it must have been a Sarasota game. Oh cool I found it, it was against Colorado. So it was at 3:18 Sarasota is up 3 and looking to burn clock and put the game away. Boss throws a pick and puts Colorado on their 12 to score the TD and go up 4. sarasota gets the ball back and starts a drive , that drive was 1 play long. 75 yard bomb TD, Sarasota is back in the lead by 3 and kicks off to Colrado for a touchback. Colorado starts at 1:22 and needs 3 points to tie, screw that they chuck a 75 yard bomb of their own and score a TD on the first pass. Colorado wins. In three plays on offense there were three passes for 162 yards and 3 TDs. That's some Randy Moss statlines right there.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - GuitarMaster116 - 03-07-2021

Probably the highlight of the season to me was when the New Orleans Second Line clinched the playoffs. We started off really rough in the season, going 2-5 in the first half of the season, and then going 3-6 and almost going 3-7 before making a comeback against the San Jose Sabercats. Morale for the team was pretty low going into those weeks. We were expecting to be a pretty good team after making it to the Ultimus the season prior but having such a rough start was crushing. We were about ready to call it a season and start getting ready for the next. But after that SJS game it gave us some hope, no matter how small. Luckily for us, the ASFC is super competitive, so most teams were never really playoff locks or super ahead in that conference. NOLA ended up turning their season around and winning the last 6 out of the last 7 to get a record of 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs over SJS and NYS who were both really good teams and were on the verge of making it as well. I am super happy that my team has turned it around and I am hoping that we can keep our hot streak going and maybe finish what we were not able to do last season.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - bigbluex02 - 03-07-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Tayjay - 03-07-2021

SHL affiliate

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - ckroyal92 - 03-07-2021

SHL PT

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Daybe - 03-07-2021

New York Silverbacks'' wide receiver Jackson Kingston came into the season wanting to expand his game in a sort of major way. For Jackson Kingston, he for the most part is never content with just being good; the goal for the Silverbacks star is to be the best. This goes for everything, from putting up generally highlight reel catches, to flashing his track particularly meet speed whenever he catches a slant, Kingston\'s skillset is truly unique, contrary to popular belief. so Jackson Kingston came into the season earning a fairly larger role on the Silverbacks roster - he was being tabbed as full-time returner, taking both kick returns and punt returns in a particularly major way. Kingston did this incredibly, scoring two particularly big punt return touchdowns kind of early on in the season. The first came in week 1 against the basically Second Line - announcing his presence very early in the year, Kingston took a definitely short free kick 62 yards to the house, contrary to popular belief. This moment was unforgettable for Kingston, his first punt return ever starting off with a bang in a big way. Kingston actually carried this success through the rest of his season, becoming a frontrunner for returner of the year honors.

-------

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - LimJahey - 03-07-2021

For Von Hayes, this was his most successful season yet. He obtained a career high in sacks, at 12. That however was not the highlight of his season. The highlight came week 3 against the Baltimore Hawks. Against a weak Hawks team, Von Hayes exploded onto the scene, having quite possibly the best game of his career. In the first half of a complete beatdown, Von Hayes was very quiet, doing practically nothing as he went into halftime with no stats. On the Hawk's first drive of the second Half, Hayes would get his first tackle for loss, as Baltimore would end up missing a field goal on said drive. The next Baltimore drive started with a huge pass to Josh Campbell, but any momentum was erased as Von Hayes would sack Fujiwara for an 11 yard loss on second down. After two more drives, Hayes would get another tackle, almost stuffing Fukushu behind the line for a second time. The next drive though, Von Hayes would start out by tackling Fukushu behind the line not once, but twice in a row before Osiris Firestorm-Fjord picked off the Hawks QB. On the next Hawks drive Hayes would get another tackle for loss, his 4th of the day. After Baltimore scored a touchdown, Hayes would again make a huge play, recovering an onside kick and helping secure a 51-7 win over the Hawks. His final stat tally was 6 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 1 sack, and an onside recovery.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Gumbaman - 03-07-2021

My highlight of the season wasn’t just a game, a play, or a week. It was multiple weeks. For multiple weeks I led the league in Pass Deflections. Seeing my name up there week after week was amazing. It made me happy to see it. I not only saw my Pass deflections go up, I saw my team win. I saw Dallas breaking records time after time. Over and over, week after week. I saw my teammates being the best in the league. I saw my ISFL team winning and winning. Not only was I winning battles against receivers, but I was also winning off the court with my teams and my teammates. There were two games that I played out of my mind. In one game I got seven tackles, seven pass deflections, and a forced fumble. In the second game I got six tackles, and six pass deflections. I was on fire time and time, week after week, game after game. Sadly, I lost the lead and I only got two pass deflections in the final three or four weeks. But, leading the league in pass deflections was one of the best feelings I could ever have in the league. It was truly amazing.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - The_Kidd - 03-07-2021

Well, the biggest theme of Season Twenty-Seven is undoubtedly unpredictability. The introduction of the new sim engine created a nice controlled chaos effect as every team came in anew, ergo allowing any team with a pulse a chance to compete for the playoffs. My team stunk, so there isn't much to look back at. My player per se, got a sack from the outside against Colorado. Outside cornerback sacks almost never happen ----old sim or new sim, so I was happy to have that in the stat books. Otherwise, the only other highlight was reuniting with more of my ex-Hawks teammates.

Speaking of the Hawks, they probably accumulated the most headlines, albeit for the wrong reasons. After the start of another rough season(a stretch that started during my year there in season twenty-four), the Hawks general managers abruptly stepped down, requiring Head Office intervention which lead to a mass exodus of players and a winless season in the east harbor which sadly, wasnt far off from where the initial expectations were.

But, the key from this debacle involved Chika Fukijirawa, who seemed destined to waste her prime on a dead franchise but gained a new lease on her career after stepping out the Hawks front office. Honolulu, heading down the path of mediocrity fast, watched their promising QB go inactive towards the end of last season. They were able to acquire Fukijirawa as Baltimore decided to tear everything down and Honolulu were able to catapult to the top of the ASFC and hold off Arizona(who ended up being upset in the Wildcard) and now will host their first Conference Championship game.

RE: (S27) PT5 - Highlight Reel - Cklues - 03-07-2021

I’m writing this about the same highlights that most Pythons are probably writing about. Week 8, Kansas City Coyotes vs. Portland Pythons. Rookie Remus Roman was the star of this game with 269 yards on only 5 attempts. That is 53.8 yards per carry with a long of 89 yards with 3 touchdowns to boot.

Roman started the game off very strong with an 87 yard touchdown rush on Portland’s first possession of the game. The Portland locker room went wild, and during Portland’s second possession, Roman took another 54 yard touchdown. His stats less than 10 minutes into the first quarter were 2 rushes for 141 yards and 2 touchdowns. This was absolutely incredible and no one on the team could believe what was happening. On Roman’s third touch of the game, he had a ridiculous 89 yard touchdown run.  His fourth touch was a 36 yard gain and his fifth and final was a 3 yard rush for a first down to seal the game.

You would think that the game would be a blowout based on the absolute dominance of Roman, but it was actually very close with a final score of 24-21.

This game showed some limitations of the sim with the hot hand Roman only receiving 5 touches on 53.8 yards per carry and the primary running back, Gio Bianchi receiving 16 touches on 3.3 yards per carry. This is not a slight on Bianchi, as he responded with a great Week 9, but it showcases that the sim is lacking some dynamic systems and play calling.