International Simulation Football League
*DeAndre Chuggs - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DeAndre Chuggs - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=30367)

*DeAndre Chuggs - Draft Day - xQCFamous - 03-02-2021

[Image: Pick_Six_Bounce-backs__Football_17849.jpg]

DEANDRE CHUGGS… DRAFT HIM

Prior to the DSFL draft, DeAndre Chuggs was a ghost. No one knew of him, no one had heard of the name, but one thing stood out for DeAndre, and that was the name his agent had made for himself. xQCFamous was known for handling the day-to-day operations and all of the needs for his prior client, former Berlin safety Benoit Blanco. When things went south for Blanco and xQCFamous was unable to continue his assistance, they both went radio silent which likely led to a lot of negativity and a lot of bad blood, all of which will hopefully be swept under the rug with his new client.

So, who is DeAndre Chuggs? Well…that’s what you’re about to find out. This is going to be your one-stop shop to understanding the player, the user, all of the bells and whistles you will need to make an accurate decision come draft day, on this young stud.

RELIABILITY IS KEY
When you draft someone, I think the biggest expectation is, will they be reliable? Will they be able to be counted on in big situations, or just in general from a week-to-week basis. Well with Chuggs, there is no concern. His agent has ensured that he’s shown up to practice, been active and shown up to all check-ins, as well as ensured his practice hours are maximized at all opportunity. With his earning potential being so insanely high right now, the sky is honestly the limit.

CASH FLOW IS STEADY
With graphics being completed at a rapid rate, and a large bank account already in play, one thing that Chuggs will have over other draftees is a consistent bank account with enough money to always safely be able to afford weekly trainings and seasonal equipment purchases. While this may not be a ‘want’ or a ‘need’ for all, this is something that should be considered, as money is key in this league, if you don’t have it, you tend to fall behind and if you fall behind, it may be too hard to catch-up.

FAMILY… MEANS FAMILY
Something that has always been key for me, is family. Whether it’s in real life, or your ‘sim league’ family, and anyone that knows me, especially from other leagues, knows I am one of the most consistent when it comes to playing out a full career with one player. As long as the views of myself and the team I play for does not change, no matter the situation whether it be a rebuild, re-tool or competing, I will be there and stick with you. This is huge for a draftee, a lot of unknowns usually come with drafting players, but one thing you will *NOT* have to worry about, is me walking away from the team or demanding a trade. That being said, be transparent with me, be honest with me, tell me my honest standings with the team, the direction, and so on. Don’t blindside me with decisions about my player, and expect me to be happy. I’ll have the same transparency, love and respect for you, but I do hope that I’m given the same back in return.

EXPERIENCE…UNMATCHED
Another big ‘iffy’ scenario with drafting especially first gens is…will they stick around? Will they be willing to learn? Will they grasp what is being told to them? So many questions come swirling. And while some can even be asked about experienced members like myself due to the experience with my last player, one thing that can be said is when dedicated, when available, when truly here for the right reasons, I am unmatched in terms of experience. Just in this league alone, I have been a co-GM, in three war-rooms, helped scout, helped recruit, helped pitch, you name it. I’ve been here, I’ve been active, I’ve been reliable in all circumstances. When it comes to sim league experience? I’ve been doing this thing for over a decade now. I’ve BUILT sim leagues, some still active and in existence from the ground up. I’ve held nearly every position a user can hold. Commissioner, GM, updater, grader, simmer, you name it, the list is long, the accomplishments are unmatched. If you want someone that isn’t here for the wrong reasons and can bring a lot of creativity and a lot of advice to your team, look no further.

POSITION CHANGE IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION
A lot of questions and debates happen on this topic, and honestly, I’ve never, ever been opposed to switching positions. If you look at my history with it, I was actually quite happy to do it from the get-go. I had signed up as a wide receiver with Blanco, and instantly changed to a CB for my boys and girls in Norfolk and played out my season as a corner. From there, I moved on to switch to safety for the sake of team need with Berlin and played out that role quite successfully for them. That being said, there is some positions Chuggs will not play, and those have been quite clear. They are DT, OL, FB and S. He would be happy to play any other position on either side of the ball, and knows he will slay the position no matter what it is. He also would love to stay at LB, but *WILL* switch if needed, so keep this in mind. Do not count him out just because he’s an LB now…

WHAT MATTERS MOST?
Another big question thrown around a lot, what do you care about? Well, in terms of stats and winning and games and all that fun stuff, I just care about being present, being active, and showing up when I can. This season has been a lot of fun for instance, especially as a rookie, as I’ve surpassed even my own personal goals for my player and have been on an absolute tear. With that in mind, I do not EXPECT any one thing to happen with this player, what I hope for is that he is successful, whether that be player success or team success, or in the dream world, both. I just want my team to realize my worth, I don’t want my guy to be non-existent and just see nothing for him for seasons and seasons at a time. That being said, I will not be upset if my guy doesn’t have insane stats all the time, as long as my team is trying, we’re winning and I’m around and doing something, I’m happy. It doesn’t take much to make me happy.

DOES TEAM REP MATTER?
One big question after another, and this one I think is asked often, and I’ll put it simply…no. Unless I truly have had a bad experience in your franchise to turn me off from it personally, I will make 0 effort to take you off my “want” list to play there. My biggest thing is, let me experience something for myself and make my own decisions. If a team is toxic, or terrible to play for, then I am sure I will find out very quickly, and make the decision to ask off the team just as quick. If teams want people to stick around, they will make the effort. I am sure every team is not 100% happy or satisfied, what franchise truly is. You may have someone upset over something said, playing time, you name it, the list is even longer than most lists you can come up with. At the end of the day though, I’ll be the one to make my own decision.

And yeah…this is Chuggs. A loveable player who is going to be a team player, is going to go out there and help win you games and cheer the team on every step of the way. You’re guaranteed an active max earner who cares more about his performance than his TPE total. Being behind in TPE already, I don’t let that stop me in any way, I’m still going to earn my max, I’m still going to perform and deliver on my expectations. So ISFL..here he is, don’t forget the name on draft day.