International Simulation Football League
*The Kearse Has Been Lifted - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Kearse Has Been Lifted (/showthread.php?tid=30454)

*The Kearse Has Been Lifted - JaytheGreat - 03-06-2021

For my 1st media in this league I think it just makes sense for it to be about my player's retirement. The 10 seasons Kearse has spent in the league has been a great experience and I'm glad I was able to take part in the league. With regression taking it's toll and Kearse playing 3 seasons with 3 different teams it feels right to retire. I'm really glad I gave this league a chance it's really been a fun experience. I'm definitely glad I went the route of DE, it started because that's position I played in high school. Even though I didn't get much player of the game awards, individual awards or even make a pro bowl (I do feel like I should have made atleast one) it was a fun position to play. 

9 Pro Seasons (S19-21 Yellowknife, S22-S24 Honolulu, S25-S27 New York)
329 Tackles 
76 Tackles For Loss
43 Sacks
5 FF/4 FR
1 Safety
#8 All Time in Tackles For Loss
Taken 9th Overall by Yellowknife
Taken in 2 different expansion drafts 
3x NSFC Champion
1x ASFC Champion (Regular season)
3x Ultimus Loser 

Even though I only spent one season with San Antonio (yeah I know their the Ducks now) it was great season that ended with a magical run that saw us get to the Ultimini game and loss but I had some great teammates lead by 2 great GMs @Revolution5 and @woelkers. Both of them helped me get my player started and got me really excited for the league. 

I was so happy when I get drafted by Yellowknife, I got scouted by @Bigred1580 and really hit off, he was also somebody I could talk to and is just an all around great person and fantastic GM. The other GM from Yellowknife @shadyshoelace another amazing GM and person, Shady always checked up on me to see how I was adjusting to the league and how I was doing in life in general, plus Nero was basically Jayson's idol/mentor during his time in the league. I remember gelling really well with in the locker, everybody being really welcoming helped, and while going to 3 straight Ultimus Finals and losing sucked it was still a hell of a good time getting there. Which was why I was heartbroken when I learned I has going to Honolulu, I knew the GM's hands were tied but it still sucked.

Even though I was disappointed I tried my best in Honolulu, it was also were I had the best seasons of career being apart of the SackSquadron. @Raven was my GM and I was happy to play with him, we were teammate together in the SHL for a while so I knew he'd be someone I knew and would get a long with. It was fun being the underdogs and always trying make the playoffs, we never did but I'm glad to see they did after I left, that locker room deserved it.

Lastly I once again I picked up again in the expansion draft, but this time I was a lot happier because I got to reunite with woelkers, something I was really excited about. When he told me he was the new GM I was really hoping I'd get to play under him again. Getting to play the end of my career on stacked DL and winning the conference and a playoff game in year 2 were huge accomplishments in my opinion. woelkers @Bwestfield and @zaynzk have all done an incredible job building the team and getting to where it is. Also even though I've mostly been a lurker the locker room is fantastic and I'll be rooting for New York until I have a reason not to. 

There are a lot of people I didn't mention that have made an impact on me during my time here and I'm sorry I haven't named you but I appreciate you all for making the league fun enough to sink so much time into.

RE: The Kearse Has Been Lifted - TheSparkyDee - 03-06-2021

You will be missed Kearse! 

Great media Jay! Great career as well!

RE: The Kearse Has Been Lifted - TheRocheLimit - 03-06-2021

Legend.

RE: The Kearse Has Been Lifted - woelkers - 03-06-2021

Bittersweet to see you ride into the sunset, old friend. Absolutely can't wait to see you back.

RE: The Kearse Has Been Lifted - shadyshoelace - 03-06-2021

Heck of a career as a player, but more importantly a heck of a person to have as a friend in the locker room. To this day I'm pissed that we couldn't keep you around during expansion, but I'm glad you were able to have success in Honolulu and New York. Hope to keep seeing you around YKW