International Simulation Football League
*Exclusive Story on the Hawk's Secret Weapon - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Exclusive Story on the Hawk's Secret Weapon (/showthread.php?tid=3053)

*Exclusive Story on the Hawk's Secret Weapon - iamslm22 - 08-07-2017

So far this season the Baltimore Hawks have surprised plenty of people. Frequently listed as the worst non expansion team heading into the season, Baltimore has shocked the with a strong 3-2 start. Many players on the team have gotten tons of credit for the start and deservedly so. Darlane Farlane has been a revelation after somehow falling to the 36th pick in the draft. Farlane leads all players in rushing, with more than 50 yards over second place. Cooper Christmas has also been amazing, as the Veteran has the second most receiving yards in the league. On the defensive side of the ball Erasmus Broadway has been the defensive player of the year in the NSFL. Leading the league in tackles, along side his four tackles for a loss, and six sacks. Captain Kurt Hendrix has also been amazing in his transition to Defensive End from linebacker last season. Hendrix is tied for second in the league in sacks, and has been the leader of the defense.

But in the NSFL there is nothing secret or quiet about Farlane, Christmas, Broadway or Hendrix. They are stars in the NSFL and everyone knows it. This story is on Rookie Offensive Lineman Avon Blocksdale. Not much is known about the rookie. He did not do an introductory press conference, and has not made any public statements since he's been drafted. Today that changes as we got an exclusive conversation with the Rookie.

Blocksdale is one of four starting offensive linemen in the league who has yet to allow a sack this year. One of the reasons he has fallen under the radar is because he has "only" 11 pancakes through five games. "I don't really care much about the pancakes to be honest," says Blocksdale. "I'm much more proud of the fact that I haven't allowed a sack, and have had only one penalty this season."

Blocksdale has been an anchor for an incredibly impressive Baltimore offensive line, but Blocksdale would not stop raving about his teammates. "I am proud of the way all of us have played. Lee, Koch, Charles and Pancake, I mean we've gelled super well. We've only allowed 7 sacks as a unit, and it's been a lot of fun."

"On top of that, in the run game we've opening up holes and Farlane keeps on hitting him. I've never blocked for a guy like that before. I mean we had good RB's when I was at Penn State, but Farlane takes the cake. Only thing I ask is he gives me a nice steak dinner when he wins the rushing title."

Blocksdale and his Hawks have been impressive so far, and he's been excited about it. When asked about which stat he is most proud of Blocksdale did not hesitate. "The wins. Easily the wins. You don't play this game for individual stats. You play for the wins, and you play for the championship."

While the Hawks are coming off a nice two game win streak, the playoffs are still a major step away. The Hawks are tied for first in their division, and have just finished the first game of a five game home stand. But Blocksdale will not look too far ahead. "I'm concerned with Las Vegas. They beat us in a close game to start the season, but I want revenge. We got them in our house this time and I wanna crush them."

A win against the struggling Legion would put the the Hawks at four wins and only two losses. Coming after last seasons disappointments the Hawks are excited to have this season start off with such success. "Our team is very talented. Kyubee, Christmas, and Farlane have us going strong on our end. I couldn't be happier here in Baltimore."

Blocksdale has been a quiet star this year in the NSFL S2. Now that he's spoken to the media, perhaps his star quality won't continue to go unnoticed.

(658) - Ready for grading

In article - @Ghostspeed @HENDRIX @Gwdaja @Sleepy @evryday @DollarAndADream @BrokkLee

Graded
Payout=$1,058,000

*Exclusive Story on the Hawk's Secret Weapon - Gwdaja - 08-07-2017

Love it. Get ready for that steak dinner, Blocksdale.

*Exclusive Story on the Hawk's Secret Weapon - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 08-08-2017

(08-07-2017, 10:22 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:We've only allowed 7 sacks as a unit

This is seriously impressive considering the lack of experience at the position on the Hawks. But it's definitely a big reason for their success. We gave up more than 7 sacks in one game alone earlier this season haha