International Simulation Football League
*Firstfray's ISFL S28 draft big board: Top prospects in the nation - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Firstfray's ISFL S28 draft big board: Top prospects in the nation (/showthread.php?tid=30637)

*Firstfray's ISFL S28 draft big board: Top prospects in the nation - firstfray - 03-13-2021

So, I totally should have put this out much earlier (I even had it done almost a week ago) but I was holding out for a draft media week but alas, nothing has come so I guess I'll take my few million that I'll make with this article. I would like to start by saying this is probably wildly inaccurate and is very bias on who I have had interactions with. There are plenty of users who people in the league are really high on that I haven't had much interaction with so sorry if you are rated relatively low because of that! At the end of the day this was done just for fun and you can treat it like all the other draft boards those "experts" put out on college prospects. 

Basically what I did here was rank the top prospects by position first, and then at the end I ranked the top 28 prospects. 

Quarterback
bex: Raeni Clarke
Quarterbacks were the toughest group to rank since there were so many veteran users and being a new user myself, its tough to rank these top prospects. In my opinion, I felt like it was necessary to have bex at least in the top 2 QBs. As the DSFL commissioner, she is a strong presence around the league. Clarke struggled in her rookie season, posting a below average passer rating. But don’t count her out, I’m sure the DSFL commissioner can figure something out for year 2.

Laser: Dexter Zaylren
Next up we have Laser! Since I have been in the league, he has posted mock draft after mock draft and the amount of time and effort he puts into each is amazing. As a former GM, he is very knowledgeable and no one will be questioning his dedication, the only question is where will he go in the ISFL draft? Quarterbacks are known to slip in the draft despite some big-name users taking up this position due to the nature of QBs having to sit in the DSFL for a few seasons until they are competent enough in terms of TPE to play in the ISFL. I had a fun conversation with him when we were talking about mock drafts and everyone knows this by know but he is just a fun guy to talk to!

noanic: Troy Abed
We have our first rookie QB on the list with noanic. As a fellow KCC teammate. I can say that he is an awesome locker room presence. He is always vibing in the LR and is always there for gameday. Now, I probably have a little bias since he’s my teammate but the positivity he brings is unmatched. Don’t shy away because he is a new user. Whichever team that picks him up will absolutely get a steal.

JPach: IsHe.... ReallyInvisible
Finally, we have JPach. I personally haven’t talk to JPach much, but I know that they are busy running a lot of the logistical things since he’s a part of the head office. So, I guess he’s important or something? Joking aside, I haven’t talked to JPach much if at all but seems like he is a great user!

Runningback
infinitempg: Busch Goose
Arguably one of the top prospects in the entire draft, it was a no brainer to have Busch Goose as the top running back prospect this year. In a pass-heavy league, receiving ability will be valuable for any team. Although he hasn’t been given many opportunities in Kansas City, he has been effective. With 16.4 yards per reception, Goose is 3rd in the league! Any team looking to bolster their locker room will not regret picking this can’t-miss prospect.

Modern_Duke: Manhattan Project
The rankings of the next three prospects gets dicey. All of these prospects make a case to be the 2nd best RB prospect behind infinite so expect to see some changes as the draft approaches. As of now, I have Manhattan Project coming in at #2 due to his veteran experience. Project is listed as a power back but don’t let this fool you. Despite his large frame, Project is deceptively fast, allowing him to truck over you or run right by you. One area Project will need to work on as he makes his way to the pro’s is his receiving ability. With only 3 receptions and 2 drops, Project is almost a non-factor in the passing game.

Vaelynn: Remus Roman
Roman, the first of the twins to be featured on my draft board, has a lower TPE count than Gaare but he makes up for it with great leadership and locker room personality. After talking to multiple scouts and teammates, not one negative comment was made about Remus. Following many of the pro’s in the ISFL, Remus is a speed back and is not afraid to show off his wheels. Most notable was his 3 touchdown, 269 yard performance against the Coyotes in week 8. A great pick for any team looking to build up their locker room.

maupassant: Erik Gaare
We have another speed back here with Erik Gaare. One of the highest earners since the draft, Gaare should not be slept on despite being the #4 back. His current stats won’t blow you away but as the 2nd highest RB in terms of TPE, Gaare has shown that he can lead the backfield for an ISFL team.

Void_DCXI: Brandon Prince
Finally, to round out the running backs we have Brandon Prince. Prince has a good blend of physical prowess and speed, but some scouts have expressed character concerns with this player. Prince will be a very active user in the locker room, but his extroverted personality has come off as aggressive to some. He may not be the best fit in every locker room but with the right environment, Prince will thrive greatly. Since writing this, Prince has actually been having a positive attitude so I look forward to his future in the ISFL! (Also love his media series, everyone go check it out)

Wide Receiver
Bigred1580: Luke Quick
Much like the running backs, there was no question to have Luke Quick as the top wide out. Not only does he have the skills to back him up, he has a very likeable personality. From my own experience, he is a blast to talk to and always brings positivity to the locker room. Now this big possession receiver won’t blaze past you (as proof just check out the many times he’s been caught a few yards short of the endzone after a big catch), but his big frame allows him to box out any CB on 50/50 throws.

Duilio05: Sam the Onion Man
Nimble on his feet, Sam the Onion Man edges out the other top receiver prospects with his veteran presence. With a quiet 1 touchdown season, Sam the Onion Man hasn’t been the reliable slot receiver Norfolk hoped he would be especially with his 14 drops. However, this is only Sam’s floor and he has the potential to be a reliable slot receiver being top 10 in TPE earning.

StadiumGambler: Saleem Spence
Falling to third is the former S28 TPE leader Saleem Spence. Rounding out a loaded receiving class is the top earning WR. No GMs will question Spence’s ability to be the #1 receiver on any team. Spence is currently leading the league with 1147 yards and has a respectable 6 touchdowns. The one concern GM’s will have with Spence is his experience. Unfortunately, the two receivers above him completely out class him in terms of reputation. However, with some strong scouting interviews, Saleem Spence can hear his name called out on draft day as the 2nd receiver off the board.

UltimateYeehaw: Chunt The Badger
Next on the list is Chunt The Badger. Chunt is the only speed receiver on my draft board but they are actually slower than the rest of the receivers on this list. This hasn’t stopped them from having the 2nd most receiving yards along with 7 touchdowns and league leading 90 receptions. I actually think its unfair for a badger to be playing because all they do is pierce the ball with their claws to guarantee the catch. Fortunately, badgers are not the fastest so they only have 12.7 yards per reception.

JKortesi81: Bayley Cowabunga
The last receiver is the veteran Bayley Cowabunga. Another relatively slow receiver but Cowabunga has made up for it with sure-fire hands. With only 3 drops on 69 receptions, not many receivers in the DSFL can boast the hands that Cowabunga has. Although I don’t know much about Jkortesi, I’m sure he will be a valuable addition to any locker room.

Tight End
shrub02: Bender Rodriguez
And now we reach the first thin positional group. Only two tight ends make it onto the list as the others have gone inactive or are not notable. Despite a weak TE group, Rodriguez has quietly become a strong prospect. With 201 TPE, Rodriguez has the potential to make it to the big leagues but unfortunately, he has not had the opportunity as the #2 TE on his DSFL team. A TE needy team may look to pick Rodriguez up early with such a thin class.

King Jellyfish: Makoa Mahi'ai
The only other active tight end in this class falls short of top of the class in terms of TPE but has performed respectably with the Royals. He has a good blend of strength and quickness so teams will be able to use him to both block and catch.

Offensive Line
FootballIsCool: Stumpy Jones
Another relatively thin position group is led by the S28 TPE leader. The offensive line tends to be an underappreciated group, but such a good prospect might be too good to pass up. Jones is also leading the league in pancakes with only one sack allowed, pretty impressive for a rookie.

dude_man: Cade Williams
Close behind Jones is Cade Williams, who is just outside of the top 10 in TPE. Williams has not had the same success as Jones with only 32 pancakes (almost half of Jones) this season. Williams is also quiet with his media interviews, and the elusive Tijuana locker room is hard to get into, so scouts will have to base Williams’ draft stock largely on his scouting interviews.

Shiny: David Ramczyk
Finally, we have an up and comer offensive line, also from Tijuana. Ramczyk is lacking in TPE and experience but has shown promise with over 80 TPE earned since the draft. If he continues at this pace, a team could land him as a perfect late round development pick steal.

Defensive Line
z0rem: Prof. Grodfrey Gravity
Another Coyote lands the top spot of the positional rankings. Leading the Kansas City defensive line is Prof. Godfrey Gravity, the swiss army knife defensive tackle. With a nice blend of strength and speed, Godfrey can do it all. With 6 sacks, 13 tackles for a loss, and 70 tackles, Gravity is a force to be reckoned with in both the passing and running game. Gravity has also made an immediate impact in the locker room. As a leader on the defense, Gravity was selected as the defensive team captain by his teammates.

Pib: Glenn Smart
On the edge, is the dominant Glenn Smart. An offensive tackles nightmare, Smart blazes past with his speed amassing 11 sacks on the season already. Smart had some strong interviews going into the DSFL draft and was selected 6th overall which is a testament to his likeable personality. He is also the 5th highest earner in this draft class and does not seem to be slowing down.

MachineEarnedRuns: Mongo
Next up is the 6th TPE earner Mongo. Mongo is quick off the edge, notching 7 sacks and 8 tackles for a loss on the season. From initial reports, Mongo is quiet but despite this he has still managed to max earn and selected 16th in the DSFL draft. Bondi Beach saw a gem in Mongo that I’m sure many other ISFL teams will take note of as well.

mango8154: Daniel O'Leary
The final member on the defensive line is Daniel O’Leary. A positive presence on the field and in the locker room, O’Leary has struggled to find his rhythm, much like Xavier Walls. Largely overlooked by most scouts, O’Leary will be a nice steal for any team looking to take a chance on him. The energy he brings during the games are really unmatched.

Linebacker
firstfray: Dexter Hall
Now we move onto the thin linebacker group. Before the DSFL draft this was seen as one of the classes strong suits but after two top prospects were converted into defensive ends by the Pythons, there is a huge gap between the top earning Dexter Hall and the rest of the group. Just shy of the top 10 in earning, Hall has proven to be a reliable player to keep progression and any team that picks Hall up will get a motivated and positive player in their locker room. As an unselfish player, his mindset is always team-first. On the field, Hall has been a key piece in the Coyotes defense. With 12 tackles for a loss, 1 sack, 2 interceptions, and 5 passes defensed, Hall has been asked to do everything and he has delivered. Hall will also never give up on a play. In the DSFL, long plays can be common and usually end up in touchdowns but not when Dexter Hall is on the field. Coming from across the field, Hall has tackled a breakaway ball carrier yards shy of the endzone to give the defense another chance to get the stop.

xtitanxmvp: Xavier Walls
A little surprise here for some is Xavier Walls. He is listed as a DE but has been playing LB for the Portland Pythons and plans on transitioning back to LB for the ISFL draft. Walls falls out of the top 10 in TPE but has made his presence felt. A very active player in the locker room, Walls has been acting like a veteran presence despite being a rookie. While he is a great leader and locker room fit for any team, his play has been on the rookie level. No sacks and only 4 tackles for a loss is criminal for a starter so his struggles to adjust from linebacker to defensive end is evident this season.

xQCFamous: DeAndre Chuggs
Now we get to the dicey part of the linebackers. No one is within 65 TPE of Hall so there is a clear gap between the top LB. However, Xavier Walls is planning on switch back to LB, so he is the #2 prospect. Chasing him is an unknown prospect that was undrafted and has caught up to the rest of the linebackers. As a versatile LB, Chuggs has shown he can do a little bit of everything. Chuggs leads rookies in tackles, has 6 tackles for a loss, 3 forced fumbles, 2 sacks, 1 interception and 5 passes defenses. Chuggs is a true do-it-all LB and despite being undrafted, he could hear his name called out early on draft day.

EzraYeet: Luke Watterson
Next up we have Luke Watterson from the Dallas Birddogs. Another versatile LB, Watterson has been able to showcase his skillset but not quite to the same degree as the other prospects because he has only started half his games. A solid prospect that has earned well since the draft, if Watterson stays on pace, he should see himself as a starting LB in the ISFL in the near future. An important note: If you draft him, make sure you have a fishing discord channel because this man goes crazy with it.

jhatty8: Brooks Bane
Our last notable LB is Brooks Bane. With relatively equivalent TPE as the previous two linebackers, Bane slips down the list due to him only earning activity checks and weekly training. Like Watterson, Bane has not started all his games but has still put some solid stats. If Bane continues to just claim activity checks and weekly training, he’ll be a serviceable backup for any ISFL team.

Cornerback
j00: Juno Hu and Gragg9: Anton Bruckner
As we get to the secondary, I had the hardest decision to make. Juno Hu and Anton Bruckner are both must-have prospects and no team can go wrong with either. Hu edges out Bruckner with more TPE (by the time I am posting this, I believe they have equal TPE now but I’m too lazy to change my rankings), but Anton has caught up by buying T6 equipment. On the other hand, Bruckner has been actively pumping out media for the league. Hu has always been a positive presence in the locker room since his days at Jakarta as a prospect. Both are traditional cover corners looking to shadow the top WR on the opposing team by matching them with their speed. This season, Hu has the upper hand with 16 passes defenses, 4 interceptions with one being returned for a TD. Bruckner has struggled a bit with 11 passes defensed and only one interception. This shouldn’t scare scouts though as Bruckner is only getting started and has really become a complete cover corner mid-season. Both of these corners will become cornerstone pieces to the ISFL team they go to and will bring positivity to the locker room.

Ace: C.J. Sonjack
Pulling up just short of the top two prospects is Ace. Ace had been apart of the league earlier (I believe) but has just come back. He has been very active and played quite well on the field. His biggest knock would be his relatively low TPE compared to Hu and Bruckner. While it is important to look for great users, how much TPE earned can indicate how invested a user is in the league.

pazuzu: Amy Wong
A long-time user, Pazuzu falls to 4th on the list purely due to the fact that I haven’t seen this user around much. While I’m sure GMs will know this user much better than I do, I find it hard to rank someone high if I’m not seeing much of them, especially in a league like this where activity is key.

jackkmart: Kacper Puntky
We have another undrafted rookie in jackkmart. He is very low on tpe compared to other prospects but he has been chatting it up a lot in discord so GMs should look at him for a nice late round steal since he hasn’t been talked about much.

Safety
Amulos: Romulus Roman
The top safety prospect in this year’s draft is Amulos by far. Ever since the DSFL draft, I don’t think I have heard something negative said about this user along with his (twin?) brother. A great user that has churned out media and spreading positivity in discord. He has been quite active in the ISFL team discords to boost his draft stock.

Alcott: Cole Maxwell
A relatively close #2 is Alcott. Haven’t had the chance to talk to this user but other people have had good things to say about him. He has also put out a few media pieces, so he has the potential to be a great addition to the team!

Astrophy058: Kelvin Harris
The last member of the list is Astrophy. An underrated prospect, as his teammate from the Jakarta Seafarers from the prospect bowl, this is a great user. I can’t say for his activity in the Norfolk LR, but during our time as prospect bowl teammates, he was living it up during the games. Him, j00, and I were key contributors to that defense, and we made it heard in our prospect bowl chat. I can only say good things about this user, another potential steal of the draft in my opinion.

Top users in S28!

Now we can get into ranking these top prospects. How I did this is based it off of the user (personality, activity, media made, money earned, tpe etc). Like I mentioned before, this will have a lot of unavoidable bias due to the fact that I haven't been able to talk to everyone in this years draft class. For example, recently I've heard the user painted is a top prospect (people are mocking him to chicago in the first round?), but he has largely been off my radar because I haven't talked to him at all. So, I'm sorry for leaving you off this list painted (and also all the other great users in this draft class). At the end of the day, I don't know what I'm doing so take this list with a grain of salt!

The first thing you'll notice about this list is that it is slightly inconsistent with my positional rankings. For example, I have Chunt the Badger above Sam the Onion Man and Saleem Spence in this ranking despite Chunt falling behind them in the positional rankings. Also Anton Bruckner is significantly higher than Juno Hu despite being listed as "equal" prospects in my positional rankings. A lot of things have changed since I wrote my positional ranking and I was able to talk to some more people so that explains the slight inconsistencies. 

1 WR User: Bigred1580 Luke Quick Posts: 1829 Threads: 194 Cash: 341149652 TPE: 232
2 RB User: infinitempg Busch Goose Posts: 3224 Threads: 402 Cash: 687478260 TPE: 239
3 CB User: Gragg9 Anton Bruckner Posts: 91 Threads: 10 Cash: 13013275 TPE: 229
4 QB User: bex Raeni Clarke Posts: 884 Threads: 165 Cash: 167027800 TPE: 238
5 QB User: Laser Dexter Zaylren Posts: 2280 Threads: 255 Cash: 302891196 TPE: 241
6 DT User: z0rem Prof. Grodfrey Gravity Posts: 74 Threads: 5 Cash: 13900100 TPE: 243
7 LB User: firstfray Dexter Hall Posts: 68 Threads: 10 Cash: 26500220 TPE: 232
8 RB User: Modern_Duke Manhattan Project Posts: 762 Threads: 87 Cash: 66791155 TPE: 228
9 DE User: Pib Glenn Smart Posts: 95 Threads: 9 Cash: 18060800 TPE: 245
10 WR User: UltimateYeehaw Chunt The Badger Posts: 79 Threads: 5 Cash: 3828530 TPE: 248
11 CB User: j00 Juno Hu Posts: 83 Threads: 11 Cash: 9459520 TPE: 229
12 LB User: xtitanxmvp Xavier Walls Posts: 79 Threads: 7 Cash: 11148230 TPE: 231
13 WR User: Duilio05 Sam the Onion Man Posts: 1428 Threads: 149 Cash: 103578704 TPE: 234
14 QB User: noanic Troy Abed Posts: 70 Threads: 5 Cash: 4353120 TPE: 226
15 DE User: MachineEarnedRuns Mongo Posts: 78 Threads: 6 Cash: 20900000 TPE: 239
16 WR User: StadiumGambler Saleem Spence Posts: 101 Threads: 15 Cash: 49114930 TPE: 252
17 TE User: shrub02 Bender Rodriguez Posts: 79 Threads: 9 Cash: 15197555 TPE: 219
18 OL User: FootballIsCool Stumpy Jones Posts: 80 Threads: 5 Cash: 4500000 TPE: 252
19 RB User: Vaelynn Remus Roman Posts: 76 Threads: 8 Cash: 1825850 TPE: 224
19 S User: Amulos Romulus Roman Posts: 78 Threads: 5 Cash: -862030 TPE: 219
21 QB User: JPach IsHe.... ReallyInvisible Posts: 439 Threads: 85 Cash: 94500000 TPE: 231
22 OL User: dude_man Cade Williams Posts: 80 Threads: 6 Cash: 15697380 TPE: 230
23 LB User: xQCFamous DeAndre Chuggs Posts: 214 Threads: 24 Cash: 55048490 TPE: 167
24 S User: Alcott Cole Maxwell Posts: 67 Threads: 7 Cash: 7383490 TPE: 224
25 CB User: Ace C.J. Sonjack Posts: 242 Threads: 12 Cash: 3523950 TPE: 205
26 RB User: maupassant Erik Gaare Posts: 85 Threads: 7 Cash: 16471200 TPE: 229
27 WR User: JKortesi81 Bayley Cowabunga Posts: 1605 Threads: 109 Cash: 20027394 TPE: 209
28 S User: Astrophy058 Kelvin Harris Posts: 64 Threads: 4 Cash: 5253460 TPE: 199

As you can see, I tried to take into the account how many posts/threads a user had made with cash earned, along with my knowledge of their activity to try to rank the top users in this years draft. Won't be perfect and it was really tough trying to rank some users. I hope to put up my mock later tonight or tomorrow so keep an eye out for that!

RE: Firstfray's ISFL S28 draft big board: Top prospects in the nation - infinitempg - 03-13-2021

wow. i have posted a lot on this forum huh

nice writeup! i think you got 1 and 2 switched up though right @Bigred1580? Wink

RE: Firstfray's ISFL S28 draft big board: Top prospects in the nation - FootballIsCool - 03-13-2021

Finally someone ranking Z0rem reasonably, great article. #saleemspencetop5

RE: Firstfray's ISFL S28 draft big board: Top prospects in the nation - Exilate - 03-13-2021

Looks like you forgot someone in the RB ranking... oh well

Good article otherwise!

RE: Firstfray's ISFL S28 draft big board: Top prospects in the nation - Bigred1580 - 03-14-2021

(03-13-2021, 10:34 AM)infinitempg Wrote: wow. i have posted a lot on this forum huh

nice writeup! i think you got 1 and 2 switched up though right @Bigred1580? Wink

I don't see any mistake... If anything, maybe he has 2 and 27 mixed up