International Simulation Football League
*S29 DSFL Mock Draft - Round 1 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S29 DSFL Mock Draft - Round 1 (/showthread.php?tid=30671)

*S29 DSFL Mock Draft - Round 1 - siddhus - 03-13-2021

The DSFL Mock Draft Point Task has been finally announced, and now we will all have some fun, trying to guess one pick right, in the weird and random world of DSFL Drafts, where no one knows where anyone will go. I can’t do ISFL Mock Drafts, so I will try my hand at one of these, not being in a DSFL War Room myself. So lets see how this goes.

ROUND 1
Pick 1.1 - NOR - Sir Peter Jackson - Offensive Line @ddrector
First overall we have Sir Peter Jackson getting picked up. From what I understand about the DSFL, it is all about connections. Drector is one of the norfolk alumni who was there during the days when it just became a real team, and I think he will be able to make his return back to the team. Not sure what his plans are, on if he will end up staying at Offensive Linemen, but no matter what, Sir Peter Jackson will be a valuable asset. Even without the alumni connection, Drector would be a valuable asset to a team, with him currently being the New Orleans Second Line GM. We would not want the Norfolk-Second Line connection to be broken up for other pipelines, so it all fits together. Norfolk have no offensive linemen that are active on their team, so if Peter Jackson stays there, he would be their best offensive linemen right away.

Pick 1.2 - BBB - Marcus Jones - Linebacker @Drizzy
Second overall is Marcus Jones, a linebacker from user Drizzy, but I know goes by other names in other leagues as well. This is another one of those well-connected picks, with him being an alumni for the team, and talking in the discord pretty often from what I have seen. Along with this, Bondi Beach have 0 active linebackers on their roster, and from what I remember, DSFL is a run-first league, so you can not succeed without having a good linebacker core to combact the opposing runningbacks.

Pick 1.3 - LON - Frostsuxlmap - Kicker/Punter @Sylphreni
Some more easy picks at third overall. I can’t wait till the picks I consider easy are all wrong, but hopefully they are all good. Frostsuxlmap from user Sylphreni was the old GM of the London Royals, so it would be no surprise to me if he got picked here. This is another of the picks that I am not sure that the user will stay at kicker, cause I feel like he just picked kicker, so it makes an easy position switch to a new position. Sylphreni is also a GM of the Colorado Yeti, so will be a valuable user to the team.

Pick 1.4 - MIN - Conner Craig Jr. - Quarterback @Dewalt27
I think Conner Craig Jr. could end up going in the second round just because he is a quarterback, but I decided to put him here, as a old Minnesota Grey Ducks GM, and a pick that makes sense. Minnesota may actually need a quarterback soon as well, with Ryan Negs may or may not being getting called up this season, depending on what the Philadephia Liberty’s plans are. Another one of these ISFL GM recreates, Dewalts is the GM of the Berlin Fire Salamanders, which like I have said for the other users. This is one of the last picks before we enter the harder picks, and ends off the portion of non-playoff DSFL teams this season, and move to Tijuana.

Pick 1.5 - TIJ - Sam Squanch - Linebacker @EricNCSU
The first of the first gen picks in the mock draft that is chosen. Tijuana was a hard team to pick for me, with them not really having any recreate players that I know of in this draft class, and they have a closed locker room, so they don’t invite draftees in there, for me to see who talks their the most often. Sam Squanch from user EricNSU, was one of the earlier creates, and sits at 70 updated TP, but with players not being updated the past few weeks, he should have a bit more than that. Tijuana does not have a strong defensive line or linebacker core, so Sam Squanch will fit right in, as the second highest TP defensive player. Eric has already written an media article since he has joined the league, which should help his bank account.

Pick 1.6 - POR - Lip Gallagher - Cornerback @fever95
The second first gen taken, and is the highest TP defensive player on the board is Lip Gallagher. Fever is one of the cross league users, being an old GM in the SHL from what I remember. Portland has three cornerbacks but they are all two years or older, so will most likely be called up this offseason, needing Gallagher to come in, and pair up to one of the cornerbacks not being called up. I believe Portland has a few of the SHL crossover guys that joined, so there is that connection to help him get acquainted with the team.

Pick 1.7 - KCC - Suggs Upshar - Cornerback @Suggs
KCC was one of the more helpful teams since i am actually in their discord server, so its easier for me to know who talks there. Suggs joined recently, but he has talked their quite a bit in a lot of servers including the Coyotes. Coupled with the fact that cornerback is an important skill position for the league, I see Sugs as one of the top first gens when he come to the ISFL Draft as well, so we will see what happens to him.

Pick 1.8 - DAL - Gronku Muerto - Tight End @KezKincaid
Now the reigning champs, the Dallas Birddogs. Gronku Muerto from user, KezKincaid, who is another one of the SHL first gens that have come over, with both leagues keeping trading users. He is a SHL current GM, and with Dallas’ old GM being Kyamprac, who from what I remember plays under Kez, I think it will all fit together, and Muerto will make their way over to Dallas. Dallas has another SHL GM Tight End, but I think San Lorenzo should be called up soon, so Muerto can come into the TE1 spot. Dallas had a top 2 passing offense last season, and with a capped quarterback still rostered on the team, they look to continue that.

Code:
1049 Words

RE: S29 DSFL Mock Draft - Round 1 - Bayley - 03-14-2021

Not even a mention. I see you @siddhus. I'll go back to Sasketwan

RE: S29 DSFL Mock Draft - Round 1 - r0tzbua - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 01:02 AM)Bayley Wrote: Not even a mention. I see you @siddhus. I'll go back to Sasketwan

It's called saschetwan

RE: S29 DSFL Mock Draft - Round 1 - Bayley - 03-14-2021

(03-14-2021, 01:14 AM)r0tzbua Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 01:02 AM)Bayley Wrote: Not even a mention. I see you @siddhus. I'll go back to Sasketwan

It's called saschetwan
Damnit, you have got me there.

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: S29 DSFL Mock Draft - Round 1 - siddhus - 03-14-2021

In my defense if you see my mock that I submitted, your in the second round smh.