International Simulation Football League
*Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=30691)

*Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - firstfray - 03-14-2021

1.5x - draft media

Finally got my mock draft done! I did my best to look at team compositions and Laser's Draft Primer to figure out team needs and then used that along with information on how the teams tended to draft to come up with this mock draft. No trades were accounted for in this mock draft but I don't think it should affect my mock too much because after looking back in previous drafts I saw that trades in the 1st two rounds were relatively rare. But, it still could happen which would mess this mock up..... Either way I think it will be wildly inaccurate. One thing I noticed after writing this is that my draft is almost identical to Gragg's up until the 8th pick...oops. 

ISFL
Round 1

BAL Baltimore Hawks BAL
With the 1st overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Baltimore select...
Wide receiver Luke Quick, User: BigRed1580
With the first pick we have the seemingly consensus 1st overall pick in Luke Quick to get Baltimore on track as they rebuild. Baltimore is in dire need of a receiver so Quick will probably get called up immediately. In terms of getting a player with the first pick, you can’t go wrong with a user like BigRed. Beloved by the whole community, BR spreads his positive attitude across the entire locker room and will be a great asset in creating a great LR that free agents will want to come join.

BAL Baltimore Hawks BAL
With the 2nd overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Baltimore select...
Runningback Busch Goose, User: infinitempg
What’s better than getting a surefire pick with the 1st pick? Getting another surefire pick with the 2nd overall pick. After a trade with Austin, Baltimore gets to take the top two prospects in the draft. Fortunately for them, the top two prospects in this years draft are a WR and RB, exactly what their team needs are. After taking Luke Quick with the first pick, Baltimore will take Busch Goose with their next pick. He has an enormous bank account, thousands of posts, and has done so much for the league (WolfieBot). As teammates to both BR and infinite in KCC, I can say that these two users are awesome to be around and they will surely be able to bring Baltimore back to greatness!

OCO Orange County Otters OCO
With the 3rd overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Orange County select...
Linebacker Dexter Hall, User: Firstfray

I wasn't quite sure what to do here. I didn't want to put myself so high because there are so many great prospects in this draft that are equally as deserving to be drafted in this position. However, after having a great scouting interview with Orange County and looking at their team needs as well as the the draft depth, I felt like the Otters should pick a LB with their first pick. Although it is a secondary need compared to WR and K/P, the WR depth in this years draft is insane and K/P is a position that can wait until later in the 2nd, it shouldn't be a 1st round pick. Linebackers in this years draft are quite thin compared to other positions. Led by standouts Dexter Hall and Xavier Walls who recently announced his switch back to LB, there aren't many other linebackers that would be worthy of a 1st or 2nd round selection. I am predicting that OCO will take a gamble by ensuring their LB core will be solid and hope one of the top WR prospects falls to them in the 2nd round. So why Dexter Hall over Xavier Walls? Well it turns out that OCO did not reach out to Xavier Walls (probably because they thought he was staying at DE?). 

PHI Philadelphia Liberty PHI
With the 4th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Philadelphia select...
Cornerback Anton Bruckner, User: Gragg9
Next up we have, in my opinion, the lock of the draft. Philadelphia needs secondary help, badly. This season the secondary is led by Juno Hu and Anton Bruckner with Remus Roman close behind. From a TPE and activity viewpoint, Philadelphia cannot go wrong with any of these selections but the intangibles that Anton Bruckner has sets him apart from the pack. Coming into his next ISFL team, Gragg will bring his army of spreadsheets ready to jump into the war room to provide detailed analysis on every eligible prospect. Not only will he bring great fortune to his new team, he is just a great person to talk to. I've had multiple conversations with Gragg and he is a friendly and approachable user that any team will love to have in their LR.

BER Berlin Fire Salamanders BER
With the 5th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Berlin select...
Defensive end Glenn Smart, User: Pib
We continue the run of defensive players with Berlin selecting Glenn Smart. Some were surprised to see his name called in the first round of the DSFL draft but he has not disappointed. Smart has been a top earner in TPE and has been very active. Although I feel like it could be close between Glenn Smart and Mongo for the best DE, I think Glenn Smart gets the edge because it seems like he has always performed well in scouting interviews. From Berlins perspective, they have a great roster making it hard for me to identify a true need that had to be addressed in the first round. Pib would be a great pick here but I wouldn't be surprised if Berlin goes in a different direction with the 5th overall pick. 

NYS New York Silverbacks NYS
With the 6th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, New York select...
Defensive end Mongo, User: MachineEarnedRuns

It has been obvious that defensive end is a dire need for New York. After seeing one of the top DE prospects slip out of their hands, New York has to address DE with their first pick and take Mongo. Worthy of a 1st round selection, Mongo is bound for greatness to fill the hole in New York. 

SJS San Jose Sabercats SJS
With the 7th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, San Jose select...
Offensive line Stumpy Jones, User: FootballIsCool
The defensive run comes to a halt with our first offensive lineman! San Jose is in a great position to add the best players available or add offensive linemen in this years draft. There are still many top prospects available but only two of them are offensive linemen. Taking advantage of the situation, I have San Jose selecting Stumpy Jones to relieve an OL bot. Stumpy Jones has always been one of the top earners in the S28 draft class and has also put out some podcasts! 

YKW Yellowknife Wraiths YKW
With the 8th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Yellowknife select...
Defensive tackle Prof. Godfrey Gravity, User: z0rem

Long overdue is a great prospect finally coming off the board. DT is a need for the Wraiths and with few top options and an amazing prospect falling to them could only happen in their dreams. As another one of my KCC teammates, z0rem is a great LR presence and is always there for gamedays and was also chosen to be the defensive captain by the team. He has also been getting involved in various league activities like scouting so he can also be valuable to the team in other ways.

ARI Arizona Outlaws ARI
With the 9th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Arizona select...
Cornerback Juno Hu, User: j00

Arizona can bolster their roster with a great user with the 9th pick. Juno Hu was my teammate for the Seafarers in the prospect bowl and I know from my time there he is awesome to have in the LR. Since Tijuana has a closed LR, I can't say much for how active he is with them there but from my experience I know he is leading the team. He also just wrote up his down mock draft so don't forget to check that out!

CHI Chicago Butchers CHI
With the 10th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Chicago select...
Wide receiver Chunt the Badger, User: theultimateyeehaw
I feel like every mock draft has mentioned this but Chicago is impossible to figure out. After looking at lasers draft primer and the roster composition, I still feel like I couldn't get a grasp on what position Chicago really needs. I even tried to get some information in my scouting interviews but that resulted in little luck. So, here I'll be going the route of best player available. Chunt the Badger is absolutely the best player left on the board currently and whether they will stay at WR or possibly switch positions for Chicago, this is a great user pick. 

COL Colorado Yeti COL
With the 11th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Colorado select...
Runningback Manhattan Project, User: Modern_Duke

So I heard somewhere that Modern_Duke used to play for the Yeti so with having strong ties to Colorado, I have them selecting Manhattan Project. Project will be a good insurance as Gilbert regresses and if Drip Dad doesn't quite pan out. Colorado has a very tight-nit group so bringing back someone with connections to the team would be great for the LR.

HON Honolulu Hahalua HON
With the 12th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Honolulu select...
Offensive line Cade Williams, User: dude_man
Honolulu could definitely go with a WR here but OL is also a need they should address in this years draft. With Cade Williams as one of the only top OL prospects left, I see them prioritizing OL with this pick and hope to pick up a WR later in the draft or in next years draft. Cade Williams is a great prospect and has also posted some great media.

NOLA New Orleans Second Line NOLA
With the 13th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, New Orleans select...
Tight end Bender Rodriguez, User: shrub02

A lot of the mock drafts I have seen so far have left Bender Rodriguez out of the first round. Positional depth in the draft is really important to pay attention to so I see New Orleans picking up the best tight end in this draft class. Shrub02 has put out some awesome media and despite lagging behind a little bit in TPE, he is a great pick that can hopefully bring New Orleans back to the Ultimus. 

SAR Sarasota Sailfish SAR
With the 14th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Sarasota select...
Linebacker Xavier Walls, User: Titansfan

With the final pick of the first round in S28 ISFL draft, I have Sarasota selecting Xavier Walls. Arguably a top 5 prospect, Walls has fallen to the end of the first round due to positional needs and his desire to stick at LB. This limited the teams he could go be chosen by to the teams that needed linebackers. Regardless, Sarasota would be overjoyed to land such a great prospect. We have been friendly rivals since the prospect bowl days and although he initially switched to DE, I am glad that he's back at LB! The sailfish will be getting an amazing user for many years to come.

Round 2

PHI Philadelphia Liberty PHI
With the 15th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Philadelphia select...
Runningback Romulus Roman, User: Amulos

Philadelphia need secondary help and they set the fix into motion by selecting Anton Bruckner in the 1st round. Here would be a great spot to take another safety but I have a slightly bold take here that Philly will instead take Amulos. Although he is a RB, I believe he has expressed willingness to switch positions so Philly will opt to take a great user with their pick here.

AUS Austin Copperheads AUS
With the 16th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Austin select...
Wide receiver Bayley Cowabunga, User: JKortesi81

Someone already mentioned this in their mock draft but I guess there are strong ties between JKortesi and the Copperheads? That's all I need to know as Austin user their first pick in the draft on WR Bayley Cowabunga. LB is a more pressing need for the Copperheads but after not having a 1st round pick as a result of a trade with Baltimore, Austin have to watch the top two LBs go off to other teams before they get a chance to bolster their roster. Instead, they go for the user connection pick.

With the 17th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Orange County select...
Wide receiver Saleem Spence, User: StadiumGambler

The gamble pays off and the Otters get their much needed WR. A sleeper in the DSFL draft, Saleem Spence has been working wonders for the Portland Pythons. If it weren't for such a loaded WR class, Saleem Spence would be the top of his class in his position. Unfortunately he is in the shadows of Luke Quick but he still gets the opportunity to possibly be called up immediately with the Otters.

BAL Baltimore Hawks BAL
With the 18th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Baltimore select...
Defensive tackle Daniel O’Leary, User: mango8154

Baltimore is back on the clock with two holes to fill: DT and TE. New Orleans grabbed the best TE in the draft and the Wraiths took the best DT forcing Baltimore to have to reach a bit with their picks. A little on the low side for TPE, Baltimore picks their DT for the future. From what I have heard, mango is a great user so if he can keep updating this will be a great pick for Baltimore.

BER Berlin Fire Salamanders BER
With the 19th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Berlin select...
Quarterback Dexter Zaylren, User: Laser

Honestly had no clue what to go with for this pick. Berlin has a great roster but they do need to start thinking about a succession plan for quarterback. With all the options still on the board, Berlin could go with multiple options with this pick. There are plenty of great QB prospects (recreates and new users) but I believe that they will go with Dexter Zaylren. A phenominal user, Laser puts out a lot of very well thoughout and researched media, especially as the draft approaches. I have had some great conversations with Laser and I'm sure there are plenty of GMs that have him high on their board!

With the 20th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, New Orleans select...
Wide receiver Sam the Onion Man, User: Duilio05

With a great WR still not taken, New Orleans are able to secure a top TE and WR with their first two picks. In a crowded draft class, Sam the Onion Man falls to the 2nd round but he is still a top prospect. I have seen him around a lot more recently so definitely a great veteran presence to add to the LR.

BAL Baltimore Hawks BAL
With the 21st overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Baltimore select...
Tight end Makoa Mahi'ai, User: King Jellyfish

Now with the 4th pick for Baltimore in this draft. That's right their 4th. If Baltimore hit on all 4...or even just 3 of these picks they can be contenders in the near future. After taking a DT earlier in the second round, Baltimore will fix their remaining weakness at TE with Makoa Mahi'ai. He is still at 201 TPE but he has been relatively active so this could be a great addition to the LR!

YKW Yellowknife Wraiths YKW
With the 22nd overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Yellowknife select...
Quarterback Raeni Clarke, User: bex

My reasoning for this pick? Their QB is starting to age and they have no back up plan in place. Enter one of the QB prospects. Whether it is Clarke or any of the other QBs, the Wraiths should take a QB in the second round. This time, the Wraiths go the safer route with the established veteran, Raeni Clarke. 

With the 23rd overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Orange County select...
Safety Remus Roman, User: Vaelynn

Back on the clock are the Otters. They are still looking to fill their hole at K/P but I think they can afford to wait one more round. Orange County is in a good spot so they go with the best user available here. Great things have been said about Vaelynn and who knows maybe they are open to position switching like their twin brother. 

CHI Chicago Butchers CHI
With the 24th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Chicago select...
Quarterback Troy Abed, User: Noanic

Chicago is another team with no succession plan for QB. The Butchers go with a new create over the recreate options remaining. Noanic is a great teammate and he has really been getting involved with the league and KCC. He has also recently started learning how to make graphics and they have been turning out great!

COL Colorado Yeti COL
With the 25th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Colorado select...
Defensive end Andrew Warthol, User: Skorch

With no defensive ends in the pipeline and one starter staring in the face of regression, Colorado will pick up Andrew Warthol to be his eventual replacement. I personally think this is a steal this late in the 2nd round but Skorch is just sitting behind two great DE prospects which forces him to be drafted so late.

HON Honolulu Hahalua HON
With the 26th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Honolulu select...
Runningback Eric Gaare, User: maupassant
I know Honolulu don't really need a RB but Honolulu will draft him since he is a great user and hopefully they can convince him to switch to a position of need. He has already switched one before so he should be open to a switch again!

With the 27th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, New Orleans select...
Cornerback C.J. Sonjack, User: Ace
For the second to last pick in the draft, New Orleans go with cornerback C.J. Sonjack. New Orleans just drafted a CB last season but its a great user is still on the board and CB is a need in the future. I believe Ace is in multiple sim leagues and has had a player in the ISFL before so he has experience. 

SAR Sarasota Sailfish SAR
With the 28th overall pick in the Season 28 ISFL draft, Sarasota select...
Safety Cole Maxwell, User: Alcott

This is not an immediate need but the reigning champions have the luxury of stocking up on future needs. With no safeties in the pipeline, Sarasota will need to draft one for the future. As the highest earning safety, this would be a great fit.

RE: Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - zaynzk - 03-14-2021

I really like the way u formatted this mock!! The logic seems to make sense and it sounds like you talked to alot of people about this!!!

RE: Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - Thiath - 03-14-2021

Noted

RE: Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - Exilate - 03-14-2021

sadge

RE: Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - King Jellyfish - 03-15-2021

Hey, I see my name in there!

RE: Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - j00 - 03-15-2021

Thx for the shoutout. Best of luck in the draft!

RE: Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - SchwarzNarr - 03-15-2021

YELLOW YETI!

But for real - I love the mock. You've got some great thinking and have done really nice write-ups for everyone.

RE: Firstfray's ISFL Mock Draft - Bigred1580 - 03-16-2021

(03-15-2021, 10:46 AM)SchwarzNarr Wrote: YELLOW YETI!

But for real - I love the mock. You've got some great thinking and have done really nice write-ups for everyone.

Yeti always yellow... just ask @infinitempg

JK you can't because he's probably IA and a bum you shouldn't draft...