International Simulation Football League
*READY FOR GRADING - CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *READY FOR GRADING - CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards (/showthread.php?tid=30729)

Pages: 1 2

*READY FOR GRADING - CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - Ace - 03-15-2021

CJ Sonjack steps up to the podium here at the DSFL Awards Ceremony. 

"First things first, I'd like to thank the Royals management and ownership for giving me the opportunity to go out there and play. I'm beyond honored, and humbled to win the DSFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award, DSFL Top Cornerback award, and the S27 DSFL Top Defensive Performance award. I'm blessed to go out there and play football, and look forward immensely to Wednesday night's draft to find out what the future holds for me."

The DSFL PR employee chimes in - "Mr. Sonjack is available for questions."

Questions from @slate:
"How do you plan to improve upon an already stellar rookie season in Sonjack's 2nd year in the league?"
"Well, that's always a difficult task. A sophomore slump is a real challenge for all 2nd-year players. It's probably not realistic for me to expect an improvement as a lot of things had to go right for me to amass the stats that I did this season. All I can do is keep a positive attitude and do the work. If the stars align, I'll be able to somehow replicate and potentially out perform my S27 performance." 

"Where do you think you will go in the ISFL draft on Wednesday (round and/or team)? Any places you are especially excited or nervous about?"
"Honestly, I've had some great discussions with ISFL scouting departments, and there hasn't been one that I am 100% dead set on landing on or a team that I'd like to avoid for the future. My chats haven't led me to any conclusions on who really wants me either, so I am completely in the dark as to what team will be calling my name tomorrow night. I guess that's what makes this whole process so interesting, right?"

"What were some of your favorite moments from your first season with the Royals besides awards night?"
"I definitely enjoyed my triple INT game in Week 11. Three picks before the first half. I was hunting for my fourth. Other than that, my first touchdown was an amazing experience too. Ahead of both of those individual performances, however, was when I found out that I was heading to London, who was my #1 destination in the DSFL draft."

"If you had to keep one of me and Katarn as GM and exile the other from London forever, which would you choose? :eyes:"
"Oh, difficult question. You're named after a rock, and Katarn is named after one of my favorite video games of all time. I defer on this question." 

Questions from @OrbitingDeath
"Are there any players you would love to play with or would want to avoid at all costs?"
"There are some users that I'd really love to play with that I know from the SHL, but from Sonjack's experience, he'd love to play with Willie Miller, Glen Smart or Marlon Brando at the ISFL level. The only player I'd like to steer clear of is that Brandon Robinson character. Shady business there." 

"What moves are needed to bring London back into the Ultimini?"
"We've got a great defense returning for next season, and we'll be more developed and ready to grind up whatever the DSFL offenses will be throwing at us. Where we fell short this season was pretty obvious - we REALLY struggled to get our offense going. We had a number of rookies on the offensive side of the field who will be taking big steps forward. I can't wait to see how Manhattan Project and Red Arrow Jr. can create a dynamic offense for us next season. I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Manhattan Project could win S28 DSFL RB of the Year ." @Modern_Duke

Questions from @WildfireMicro
I just want to ask what are your plans for the future of your career? 
"The future is hard to plan for. I try to fly by the seat of my pants. I've told many ISFL scouts the same thing - I want to have my legacy known in this community. I want to be a Hall of Fame Cornerback. Other than that, I want to find out what colors I'll be wearing, and then continue working as I have been." 

Also would you like me to cook you some homemade ramen?
"That sounds lovely." 

"Is there anybody that is currently in the ISFL that you would like to play with? As in someone not in your draft class?"
"I'd love to be reunited with any of my Royals teammates, like Tsuyu Asui. Other than that, no, I am not particularly picky. Just give me a spot to make my magic happen."

Question from @Sebster
"How does it feel to be a part of the best CB duo in the DSFL? #TwinTerrors"
"It feels good to be a gangsta. Let's go, Willie!"

Questions from @Hordle
"Why London so stinky?"
"No you."

"Do you have an ideas/hope of where you're being drafted to?"
"I've already touched on this a bit, but I have literally no idea when I am landing, and that makes this whole experience a real treat."

Do you have any plans on what kind of contract you're looking forward to?
"There's been some misunderstandings regarding my salary demands. I understand my agent was notoriously tough regarding monetary expectations, but I plan to be a bit more of an entrepreneurial spirit with my career and more self-sustaining. I expect that I won't be asking for top dollar or threatening to go to market, unless the team really isn't a good fit." 

Questions from @woelkers
"What area of your game do you take the most pride in? How do you define yourself as a player?"

"I define myself as an athletic workhorse. I want to be out there for every snap, and I never want to be beaten by an opposing player that I am covering. I want my team to know that when I am out there, I will be doing everything possible to put our team in a position to take a W." 

"How do you want people to remember you as a player when your career comes to an end ten, eleven, maybe even twelve seasons from now?"
"I want my legacy to be all about loyalty, determination and camaraderie. Wherever I end up, I want it to be a family and for my teammates to think of me as the guy that wouldn't think twice to jump into the trench alongside them as we went to war for a Ultimus/Ultimini."

"Which of your teammates do you feel is best to share a locker room with following a win? What about following a loss?"
"Following a win, it's always great to be in a room with our GMs Slate and Katarn. They never get too low after a loss and help us collect ourselves and turn our sights to the next contest. Never get too high, never get too low. Pib is really similar. Players-wise, I really enjoy sharing a LR with Willie and Tsuyu on both sides of the results. We all want to be out there and win."

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - slate - 03-15-2021

How do you plan to improve upon an already stellar rookie season in Sonjack's 2nd year in the league?

Where do you think you will go in the ISFL draft on Wednesday (round and/or team)? Any places you are especially excited or nervous about?

What were some of your favorite moments from your first season with the Royals besides awards night?

If you had to keep one of me and Katarn as GM and exile the other from London forever, which would you choose? :eyes:

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - OrbitingDeath - 03-16-2021

Are the any players you would love to play with or would want to avoid at all costs?

What moves are needed to bring London back into the Ultimini?

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - WildfireMicro - 03-16-2021

*Tsuyu Asui taps the mic a few times*
ok it's on. Umm I just want to ask what are your plans for the future of your career? Also would you like me to cook you some homemade ramen

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - Ace - 03-16-2021

Answered up to here.

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - Sebster - 03-16-2021

How does it feel to be a part of the best CB duo in the DSFL? #TwinTerrors

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - WildfireMicro - 03-16-2021

Ok so is there anybody that is currently in the ISFL that you would like to play with? As in someone not in your draft class

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - Hordle - 03-16-2021

Why London so stinky?

Do you have an ideas/hope of where you're being drafted to?

Do you have any plans on what kind of contract you're looking forward to?

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - woelkers - 03-16-2021

What area of your game do you take the most pride in? How do you define yourself as a player?

How do you want people to remember you as a player when your career comes to an end ten, eleven, maybe even twelve seasons from now?

Which of your teammates do you feel is best to share a locker room with following a win? What about following a loss?

RE: CJ Sonjack Faces the Media after the DSFL Awards - Ace - 03-16-2021

Answered up to here.