International Simulation Football League
*The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser (/showthread.php?tid=30743)

*The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser - woelkers - 03-16-2021

A hush falls over the crowd gathered in the Silverbacks' press room as Peter Brand steps to the podium and taps the microphone. Bubba Thumper takes his seat in front of his own microphone, flashing his signature goofy grin to members of the media he recognizes, and Brand scans the crowd with tired eyes before speaking.

"Y"all know the drill by now, so let's begin."

Quote:@Ephenssta:

Which restaurant has the best french fries?
BT: "I know Peter is a bit out of his depth with these types of questions, so let me handle this one. In New York, you can't beat Pommes Frites. Place is to die for. If you're in Denver, you've got to go to TAG Burger Bar. But my personal favorites come from Frank in San Antonio. Hard to beat the taste of home."

Quote:@SchwarzNarr

How many more seasons does Bubba have left in him? Any plans after he retires?
Thumper pauses for a long time as he processes this question. Brand rests his hand on Thumper's shoulder, and Thumper begins to speak.

BT: "I've known that I've been getting old for a while now. This game is tougher for me than it used to be. I'm still working like hell to be the best player I can be, but honestly...this season is probably the end of the line. This is tough for me; walking away from the game should be tough. But, you have to understand when your time comes, and my time is coming soon."

"Once I'm done...I like to eat. I have a journalism degree. So, I'll roll with those things."

What are you looking forward to most in the coming season?
PB: "I really think we have a championship roster, and I'm looking to get this team back to the playoffs. The fans in New York deserve that much from me."

Thumper simply holds up and wiggles three fingers.

There seems to be at least one player on the Silverbacks that was a lock for breakout player of the year, what are your thoughts on the matter?
PB: "Obviously we don't want to take the award away from Rucker; he played his heart out and he deserves recognition. That said, Brick is one of the best defensive ends in the game, and we're going to get him recognized somewhere down the line."

BT: "Brick is a brother to me, so it hurt to see him lose out on this one. But he'll be back with a vengeance."

Quote:@Crodyman

You have the choice do fight one gorilla sized duck, or 5 duck sized gorillas. What do you pick and do you think you'd survive?
PB: "I'll take the gorillas. Easier to fight a smaller opponent."

BT: "No, give me the duck. I enjoy a challenge."

Quote:@zaynzk

What Position Would an actual Silverback Gorilla Play Best in?
PB: "Given what I know about football, give me a Silverback as an edge rusher. I don't want one carrying my offense, but I could appreciate one on defense."

BT: "I have to second that. I'd love to line up side by side with an ape."

Quote:@zaynzk

Why is Buster Bawlls so good?
PB: "Fullback is a demanding position. It takes heart. Buster has everything you want from your fullback."

BT: "As somebody who started at fullback, the fact of the matter is that he understands what the defense is doing and he knows how to work against it."

Quote:@Toasty

Who is your favorite signing this offseason and why is it Elijah Torres?
PB: "Torres is sort of an ideal signing for us. We narrowly missed on a number of free agents this offseason, and that left us with a hole at the running back position. Torres has the skill set, and he agreed to join us on sort of a prove it deal, and we're happy to have him along for the ride."

Quote:@bex

To Brand, what do you think the future of the ISFL is?
PB: "In the time I've been working in this league, we've seen periods of rapid growth, which is far from a bad thing. We've added four expansion teams to the ISFL, and two to the DSFL, and that's a good sign. Now, we're seeing a bit of a slump in true growth, and that's also okay. I think we're finally at a point where we can sit and catch our breath, let these recent expansion teams grow a bit more, and take steps to ensure league parity. I want to see a league where anybody can win any given week, where we're never quite sure who might win the Ultimus because there are fourteen teams who have a real case. And I think if league leadership approaches things valuing that, we can get there."

Quote:@bex

To Bubba, NYC certainly has a thriving food scene. Are there any restaurants that might see praise in the papers but fail to live up to the hype?
BT: "If there are, I haven't been there yet. I've been amazed by every place I've visited in my time in New York, and really all around the league. The fact of the matter is, I love to explore food culture, so a restaurant has to work hard to disappoint me."

RE: The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser - Ephenssta - 03-16-2021

Which restaurant has the best french fries?

RE: The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser - SchwarzNarr - 03-16-2021

How many more seasons does Bubba have left in him? Any plans after he retires?

What are you looking forward to most in the coming season?

There seems to be at least one player on the Silverbacks that was a lock for breakout player of the year, what are your thoughts on the matter?

RE: The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser - Crodyman - 03-16-2021

You have the choice do fight one gorilla sized duck, or 5 duck sized gorillas. What do you pick and do you think you'd survive?

RE: The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser - zaynzk - 03-16-2021

What Position Would an actual Silverback Gorilla Play Best in?

Why is Buster Bawlls so good?

RE: The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser - Toasty - 03-16-2021

Who is your favorite signing this offseason and why is it Elijah Torres?

RE: The Traditional Peter Brand/Bubba Thumper Joint Offseason Presser - bex - 03-17-2021

To Brand, what do you think the future of the ISFL is? 

To Bubba, NYC certainly has a thriving food scene. Are there any restaurants that might see praise in the papers but fail to live up to the hype?