International Simulation Football League
* Week 5 Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * Week 5 Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=3084)

Pages: 1 2

* Week 5 Power Rankings - tlk742 - 08-08-2017

Here I am with week 5’s power rankings. Quite a shuffle.
For those curious, the Outlaws are #1 on the index power rankings.

A power rating indicates that if two teams face off on neutral ground, the higher power ranking should win, does it hold? It's why we play the game.

One thing to note, there are only two teams that lost at home – Liberty and Legion.

1. ARI Arizona Outlaws (4-1) Δ+1
Well, the defense played out of their mind. And a 7/16 3rd down efficiency isn’t bad either. 3 TDs in one quarter with no other scores on the board in the other 3 can be a bit worrying though. Nonetheless Bronko played well Mackworthy ran for 100+ yards against the wraiths defense that is still struggling against the run. The Outlaws are becoming the defense to beat, and defenses win championships.

2. COL Colorado Yeti (3-2) Δ-1
After looking dominate from the win over Yellowknife, the Yeti got drunk on victory and lost to the Liberty. Wow. This game will be the season game people talk about. Whether this means Colorado takes this loss as a sign to step into high gear or a sign of cracks in the system, it’s hard to say,

3. SJS San Jose Sabercats (3-2) Δ+1
The San Jose team went to Baltimore and lost, so why did I raise their rank? Well, it’s really simple. Hunt is still killing it, putting a 97.4 passer rating up. The pass rush lost a bit of flair this past game and the run game is a liability, but when you got Drew Brees as a QB, that offense is formidable in this 3-way knife fight for the ASFC.

4. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths (3-2) Δ-1
They needed a win in Arizona, but Yellowknife didn’t even put up a fight. Chess is losing to Checkers in every stat other than touchdowns for the season, but that’s really the only bright spot the team can take away from the murder in the desert that happened. Speaking of murder, did you hear about Maddox’s alleged murders at the Grand Canyon? The #wraithsnation will continue on their #roadtripfromhell as they head to San Jose and face off in what could either be an offensive battle for the ages, or a really one-sided game for San Jose.

5. BALBaltimore Hawks (3-2) Δ+1
No team has adjusted better after halftime than the Hawks. They let other teams get gassed and then seem to feast. They boast the second highest number of sacks, and their run game is good. They could surprise people, but their success can just as easily peter out as they’ve yet to face the Wraiths, Outlaws or Yeti yet.

6. OCO Orange County Otters (2-3) Δ-1
Boss took the reins and felt that competition was what was needed for him. Facing off against his old QB teammate, He threw for a touchdown and 383 yards. Boss now leads the league in passing yards. Going full gunslinger, Boss also felt Berc was gaining the lead for more interceptions and got two putting him only one behind the Las Vegas Quaterback.

7. PHI Philadelphia Liberty(1-4) Δ0
Something is clicking in Philly, but I am not sure if that’s the untapped potential that’s going on or the home field advantage giving that much needed boost to the team. I’m going to leave them at 7 and wait and see, but if they win while hosting Orange County, I could see them becoming an unseen threat.

8. LVL Las Vegas Legion (1-4) Δ0
The legion are in the cellar and I do not see that changing. Bercovici didn’t have an interception, but I guess when you successfully throw the ball 10 times, that’ll happen. The line continues to struggle. Tebow and Long are keeping up their sack streak of giving up at least one a piece. And they need to step it up as I’m sure their teammates are feeling the liabilities resulting in a dismal 2.6 YPC from Savea.

Code:
670 words

* Week 5 Power Rankings - Muford - 08-08-2017

Sabercat love, I'm loving it.

* Week 5 Power Rankings - iamslm22 - 08-08-2017

Constant disrespect for the Hawks.

* Week 5 Power Rankings - kckolbe - 08-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 12:39 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Constant disrespect for the Hawks.
They ARE listed above OC, so that's kinda big.

* Week 5 Power Rankings - iamslm22 - 08-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 02:44 PM)kckolbe Wrote:They ARE listed above OC, so that's kinda big.

Hawks beat OC, have a better record and a better PD.

* Week 5 Power Rankings - ADwyer87 - 08-08-2017

numero uno baby

(08-08-2017, 02:56 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Hawks beat OC, have a better record and a better PD.
Beat OC in Balitmore. The home field advantage is huge. Let's not get crazy here.

* Week 5 Power Rankings - SimmerDownBruhh - 08-08-2017

"Alleged" is the key word!

#NoProof
#WraithsNation

(08-08-2017, 03:06 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:"Alleged" is the key word!

#NoProof
#WraithsNation
pretty sure a confession is pretty big.

I thought it was #pressuremakesdiamonds this year.

* Week 5 Power Rankings - manicmav36 - 08-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 02:39 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Constant disrespect for the Hawks.

No worries, we'll just keep proving them wrong!