International Simulation Football League
*Royal Year in Review - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Royal Year in Review (/showthread.php?tid=30842)

*Royal Year in Review - H0PPY75 - 03-19-2021

So the first game of the season for the London Royal started off at home against the Norfolk Sea Wolves with the London Royals winning the game 39 to nothing and from here the season look like it was going to be starting out on a strong suit we got a pretty average game out of rookie quarterback red arrow Junior who had 10 completions on 19 attempts for 150 yards and 1 touchdown  he was also sacked once during this game but overall I felt it was a pretty good start to his rookie season.  the leading rusher for the Royals during week one was Manhattan project with 16 attempts for 97 yards and a touchdown and  his long run of the game was 14 yards the leading receiver for the Royals was Hulkenvettel  you had three receptions on six targets for 68 yards and a touchdown continue being the awesome receiver that he is for the team. By far the best player on the defense this day was rookie cornerback CJ Sonjack He had three tackles two passes defended two interceptions and he returned one of those interceptions for a touchdown and was rightfully given the defensive player of the game.  now with the sets that I gave you I felt you might have been had a chance to give Hulkenvettel  the offensive player of the game award but once I went back and looked at the stats that thing definitely went to the right player in Rainbow Dash who is the kicker for the London Royals all he did this game was  kick for field goals between 40 and 49 yards 2 between 20 and 29 yards and also picked up three extra points on the game he ended up being the person who scored half of the team's points this game so his offensive player of the game was well deserved and I don't know if I've ever actually seen a kicker when offensive player of the game in my life overall it was a great start to the Royals season but unfortunately wouldn't last long.

The second game Saw the London Royals take on the Tijuana luchadores and this game was pretty much bad from beginning to end for the London Royals they had a grand total of only 186 yards and we're out gained by 140 yards what also didn't help the London Royals this week was that they committed 13 penalties for 138 yards and the offense just didn't seem to be able to get anything going red arrow Junior was 19 for 45  for 151 yards and did not record a touchdown in the shutout loss to the luchadores he was also sacked one time which is in terrible the leading rusher for the Royals this game was Manhattan Project who was only able to manage 24 yards rushing and the leading receiver was Asui  who is able to put up 67 yards receiving on five receptions but was also targeting 20 times the defense never quite a few guys with high amount of tackles but it didn't seem to matter cuz they were not getting the stops they needed when they needed them the one standout player I'm seeing Was Gavin Leclerc. The SATs really stand out here are the penalty stats Manhattan Project 1 penalty 15 yards Glenn Smart 1 penalty 15 yards Duke cheeks one penalty 15 yards , Schumi Hulkenvettel 1 lb for 15 yards that is just too many personal fouls being called in one game and I feel specifically that the penalties is what ended up dooming the London Royals in week 2. Somehow despite the loss the one Royal ended up having the defensive player of the game in Glen Smart who had 11 tackles, two of them for  a loss and one forced fumble which was unfortunately not recovered by the Royals.

Week 3 saw the London Royals go on the road for the first time this season when they went to Dallas to take on the bird dogs and once again it ended up being another double-digit the fee for the London Royals they lose the game 20 to 10, In another game where the offense struggled to get anything going red arrow Junior  had 15 completions on  34 attempts for 159 yards and one touchdown and was once again sacked twice by the bird dogs defense the leading rusher was once again the rookie running back Manhattan Project who rushed 12 times 483 yards and had a long Rush of 49 yards.  leading receiver in receptions was Tsuyu Asui With five receptions  and the leading receiver in yards was Hulkenvettel  with 73 yards.  this game is basically a tale of two offenses here one that got going and one that didn't get going the Dallas bird dogs  beat the Royals 18 to 8 in first downs the Royals could only  muster 3 third-down completions on 14th attempts but if there was one  bright spot for the Royals is that they did not turn the ball over at all that game which  at least felt like they were getting on the right track when it came to that the leading Defender for the Royals this game was linebacker Logan Sarrasin  who had 16 tackles one of them was for a loss and he did force a fumble.  the real problem is once again this week was the fact that the offense couldn't  get going as the punter Rainbow – punted nine times for 349 yards and once again for the second straight week the one that Royals were dominated in time of possession as the bird dogs held onto the ball for 13 minutes longer than the London Royals and just like the previous week to we saw a completely undisciplined team as five players for the London Royals ended up picking up personal foul penalties which I'm sure doomed multiple drives.

Week four saw the London Royals pick up their second win of the season and get back into the wind call him when they win on the road and defeated the Portland pythons in  a gritty game where they ended up securing the victory with a score of 16 to 14.  the weird part of this game was that the London Royals scored all 16 of their points in the third quarter after being down seven nothing early in the game this was definitely a bounce-back game for Red Arrow Junior  who I've been dragging on All Season just for his inconsistent play you definitely stepped it up this week completing 19 passes for  209 yards and two touchdowns one of those going to Asui and one to Tugg Speedboat. the leading rusher for the Royals was Manhattan Project who picked up another 33 yards but appears to have maybe hit the rookie wall  based on stats that I have seen so far the leading receiver for the Royals was Tsuyu Asui  again with six receptions for 102 yards and a touchdown and they definitely were having a stellar season even prior to this game now I like to stay positive when it comes to winning games but the one drawback I saw once again was that 10 players for the Linden Royals committed at least one penalty three of them picked up personal fouls and at this point you gotta look the coaching to see what they can do to make this team a little bit more discipline because in the long run the penalties are going to end up killing a team more than inconsistent quarterback play inconsistent running back play inconsistent play from the defense penalties killed drives penalties on defense give the other team an opportunity to continue their driving score something has got to be done to fix this issue otherwise it's going to be a long season for the London Royals.

week 5 saw the London Royals return home and put on an absolute dominance offensive rushing performance with team ended up rushing for 246 yards led by rookie running back Manhattan Project who Rush 462 of those yards but somehow did not score any touchdowns during this game the two rushing touchdowns for the Royals ended up going to rookie quarterback red arrow Junior and other rookie running back Taipan Pete And the loan receiving touchdown went to Hulkenvettel  as he continued his pretty good season my defensive player of the game for this game had to go to Glenn Smart who had four tackles two for loss and one sack. Once again penalties were a problem for the London broils as they picked up nine penalties for  95 yards so once again we're in a new week and the Royals just can't seem to get the penalty issue figured out which I've been saying week after week will end up  dooming this team if they can't get it figured out.

Week 6 saw the London Royals go on the road once again  this time to play the Minnesota grey Ducks and the London Royals were absolutely laughed out of the building as they got beat 30 to  7 in an absolute laugher.  the London Royals defense didn't show up at all this game as they gave up 409 total yards of offense including 172 yards to running back Madison Hayes Who also ran in two touchdowns for the gray ducks the real story of the game goes with the Royals not being able to stop anyone on defense Not being able to get the offense going and the piggyback on that getting red arrow Junior sacked four times in one game ended up doing the Royals in this game in fact the Royals offense couldn't even muster a touchdown until they scored on a late 11-yard touchdown pass from Red Arrow to Makoa Mahi’ai  with a little over two minutes left in the fourth quarter when the game was already well  Out Of Reach and at this point I would try to give someone a game ball but honestly no one really deserved it because they flat-out sucked this game.

Week seven saw the Royals return to winning fashion and in the complete opposite way of the way the game against Minnesota went the London Royals absolutely blast the Buccaneers 28 to 9.  the offense was carried by rookie running back Manhattan Project Who rushed 22 times for 149 yards and a touchdown in another dominant rushing performance for the rookie running back the leading receiver for the London Royals today was Tsuyu Asui Who had five receptions for 35 yards and picked up to huge touchdowns in the beating of the Buccaneers.  this is kind of a toss-up for me on who I would give the player of the game ball to, Tsuyu Asui  had the most touchdowns of any one player on the offense but Manhattan Project did Rush for  149 yards so I'm going to probably have to give the slight Edge to him and give him my offensive game ball of the week defensive game ball of the week goes to Duke cheeks who had seven tackles one for a loss and did pick up a fumble recovery for the London Rose defense would definitely seem like they were on there a game this week.  after weeks of my complaining it looks like the world's finally got their  penalty problem somewhat under control as they only committed five penalties this week compared to the 19 penalties of the Buccaneers committed so over all this was a great week for the Royals as they go out and beat a team that they have to beat And get back to just being slightly over 500 on the season.

week 8 sees the Royals go back on the road this time to Norfolk to take on the sea walls for the second time this season and the Royals lose the game 23 to 17. The Royals were down 20 to 3 after three quarters and made a valiant effort to try and come back scoring with 10 1/2 minutes left in the fourth quarter on a 8 yard touchdown pass from Red Arrow to Tsuyu Asui  that got them within 3 of Norfolk before Norfolk kicker rotor wash kick the game-sealing field goal with just under three minutes left in the game. In  this game the to Ricky running backs Manhattan Project in Taipan Pete rushed for a total of 134 yards between them including 103 by himself with type and Pete who also scored one of the Royals touchdowns but what ended up doing the Royals in the end was once again committing too many penalties as they committed 12 penalties for 85 yards including three personal fouls two of them by defensive players and one by a wide receiver.  I will however give the team credit because they did not quit and were fighting until the very end and if they get a couple of more bounces their way they could have easily won this game and continued on towards the playoffs but instead they end up falling short and dropped back to 500 on the season.

Week 9 takes the  Royals south of the American Border to take on the Tijuana luchadores for the second time and in this game the Royals come up just short 14 to 10 and the Royals end up losing this game in heartbreaking fashion as a rookie quarterback red arrow Junior throws a late Pick 6 2 Tijuana defensive back Juno Hu. This game was marred by penalties as both teams end up combining for a total of 29 penalties throughout the game and the loan touchdown for the London Royals came in the second quarter on a 3-yard bomb from Red Arrow Junior to Makoa Mahi’ai  who is also tied for the lead in receptions this game for the London Royals.  this team will definitely staying for the Royals because they had this thing in the bag with less than three minutes left and I understand you're only up by three points at this point but you've got to be just running the ball I know the running game hasn't been good all game but you just gotta keep doing you gotta keep chewing clock up instead of putting the game in the hands of a rookie quarterback who ends up making the wrong decision and that ends up costing you the game this week this game right here very well could be the difference between whether the Royals make the playoffs or don't make the playoffs.

Week 10 saw the London Royals  return home after a close to feed to the Tijuana luchadores and they ended up taking on the Dallas bird dog for the second time this season and would end up losing another close game 17 to 13 where London had multiple chances in the fourth quarter to win the game but are only able to manage a single field goal before they would give up a field goal at the end of the game to lose by 4.  overall I felt that the Royals played pretty well with the exception of the offensive line who ended up allowing red arrow Junior to be sacked three times during the game which at this point is pretty much unacceptable because you got to keep your quarterback up right because if they're on the ground they're not to be able to complete passes from down there surprisingly the most rushing attempts winter Arrow Junior as well who rushed 10 times for 64 yards. In this game the offense was nowhere near where it needs to be to compete  they turn the ball over twice once on a fumble and once on an interception but the problem was that the team overall fumbled four times which is just completely unacceptable at this point the one real bright spots was the defense played pretty well the leading tackler on the team was Gavin Leclerc with tentacles but the one real bright spot for me this week was the fact that the London Royals only committed three penalties because of this it allowed the team to stay in the game at the end even though they were unable to pull up Victory I say it's a small moral victory for a team that at this point is really young.

Week 11  saw the London Royals fall 13 to 6 the Portland pythons In what was an absolutely dismal offensive performance for the London Royals as they were only able to muster 111 total yards of offense including 92 passing from Red Arrow Junior who also had two interceptions and was sacked one time and had a quarterback rating of 19.8 which is atrocious.  but what was worse was that the running backs couldn't get it going as well Manhattan Project Rush 14 times for nine yards and  Taipan Pete rushed eight times for 15 yards including a long of 10 so the Portland pythons defense was able to really put the clamps down on the London Royals this week and the Royals in true London Royals fashion we're back to committing an atrocious amount of penalties as a committed 10 penalties for 85 yards.  At First Look it seems like I could really figure out exactly where the Royals lost this game as they turned the ball over four times but then again they were also able to force the Portland pythons to turn the ball over 4 times.  as I go back to the box score I cannot in good faith choose a single offensive player on the London Royals team to give a game ball too because to be quite honest with you they were all pretty much terrible they deserve to lose his game based purely off of just looking at stats like you weren't even involved actually watch this game you just look at the box score and go yep that team absolutely deserve to be blasted however there was one bright spot in the entire game and that was rookie defensive back CJ Sonjack  who had six tackles 5 defended passes and he picked off the Portland quarterback three times in one game so since he seemed to be the only guy that did anything on either side of the ball let me go ahead and give him the offensive and defensive game balls for this week because well he at least did something to try and allow the London Royals offense to do anything this game.

Week 12 saw the London Royals  lose to the Kansas City coyotes which is now the fifth straight loss of the season for the London Royals at one point they had a chance to make the playoffs but at this point  that hope is now dead and buried and this game wasn't even close the closest the game was was in the second quarter when the London Royals scored on a 3-yard rush from Gerard Grenouille  and then after that the coyotes pretty much put the boots to the Royals and ended up winning the game 34 to 10.  The lone offensive bright spot for the London Royals was type and Pete who had 109 yards rushing and averaged 9.1 yards per carry it was another disappointing game for Red Arrow Junior who completed 16 passes on 37th attempts recorded no touchdowns and was picked off twice. The defense for the Royals however was  not much better as they ended up giving up 461 yards of total offense including 322 yards passing and three touchdowns to rookie quarterback Troy Abed, Who definitely had a career day today.  there really isn't much to say about the London Royals during this game because they absolutely got their tails whipped they weren't able to move the ball very well the defense was porous and at this point if the playoff hopes of the Royals weren't dead they are officially dead and in the ground at this point and with not much to look forward to the  royal still have a few games to go to at least try and make it a somewhat respectable season after how great they did last season.

Week 13 saw the London Royals finally pull their heads out of their asses as they end up picking up a hard-fought win 2210 against the Minnesota grey ducks this was a great game for the Royals and a great way to get back into the win column after losing five straight games they pretty much one every side of the ball they dominated on offense they dominated on defense dominated time of possession dominated the turnover battle as they win the  turnover battle by two turnovers I know I've been giving a lot of crap to Red Arrow Junior this season but he at least played pretty well you had too many  interceptions as he turned the ball over twice he did have one touchdown  pass and through from 244 yards in a complete bounce-back game for him which was good to see after the struggles the previous five weeks the leading rusher for the Roses Manhattan project with 48 yards and the lone offensive touchdown went to Schumi Hulkenvettel  on a 50-yard pass and catch from Red Arrow Junior early in the first quarter that's all I want to go up 7 to nothing pretty quickly.  I was really proud of the Royals for coming out after getting their butts whipped five straight games and seeing them not quit on the season and go out and get a win against a team that they honestly should beat. Overall it was a pretty good showing for the Royals and at least something to build on if not for this season but the next season stuff is the players get better going to get a little bit older than have better training but it still is going to be enough to make the playoffs unfortunately for them as they were pretty much eliminate this point - them getting a win buy like 80 points or something in the last week of the season. However it was nice that the  Royals were able to send the home fans happy in the final home game of the season for the London Royals.

Week 14 is here and in the final game of the season the London Royals go out and absolutely knew cuz the Bondi Beach Buccaneers off of the face of the Earth with a 32-3  victory.  this offensive player of the game was an absolute no-brainer for me as I give it to rookie quarterback red arrow Junior who didn't complete a high amount of passes but  he did throw one touchdown he did have one interception but he also had seven rushes for 79 yards any ran in two touchdowns in this game so we have a total of three touchdowns combined and this was by far the best game of his season and that's not even close to this point. The best part of this game was the fact that both sides of the ball finally got it together on the same day the offense was in Tip-Top shape and ended up putting up a grand total of 355 yards and the defense only allowed the Buccaneers to muster 134 yards for the entire day.  I was really proud of the way the defense came out after some of the performances they had during the five-game losing streak they got great play out of Sarrasin and Sonjack again.  Both of these players ended up having three passes defensed and had a total of 11 tackles between them so I feel that I probably have to give both of them the defensive game ball on this one just because I felt that they were a great pair this game.  now if I do have to nitpick something in this game it would be once again and I'm going to sound like a broken record when it comes to this the Royals committed too many penalties they had 11 penalties for 117 yards if they don't have that many penalties who knows what they end up doing in this game they may end up beat the Buccaneers by 50 points but we'll never know because they did commit that many penalties and just based off of what I've seen here at least three of those four personal fouls and it's a possibility that there were more personal fouls committed to overall I felt that the Royals had a very strong finish to the season and hopefully they can take this momentum and carry it into the offseason pickups new players hopefully they won't lose too many of their high-level players to the major leagues and that they can go ahead and compete for the playoffs once again next year.

Overall it was a pretty disappointing season for the London Royals who is a team that is usually competing for the playoffs at least for the time that I have been around and to see them have a down year like this was kind of disappointing however I feel that they have a chance to be really good again next season Once they get some of these rookie players trained up and into a position that they will end up being better I think that they will do better than being 7th and points scored,  3rd in rushing yards in the league  and 7th in passing yards in the entire league  and I feel that the offense will be able to help out the defense significantly more in the coming year.  I haven't mentioned my player Fergus Callaghan Jr.  much in this piece just because I really wanted to focus on the team but I'm hoping he can have a bounce-back year and have it be more comfortable to what he did in his first year where he was defensive tackle of the year now do I want him to get back to winning Hardware like that sure why not but I think that if he can at least play better next year that he can help the defense continued to be dominant and help give the team a better chance to win I'm looking forward to next season of London Royals I have no idea where my players going to be called up I know for a fact it doesn't look like it's going to be this year unless something absolutely strange happens but I think the London Royals will be back in the playoffs and if they make it to the playoffs who knows what will happen and it's very possible that they have a chance to end up winning the Ultiminii next year.

Code:
4473 Words

RE: Royal Year in Review - WildfireMicro - 03-19-2021

Man my name does come up a lot

RE: Royal Year in Review - Pib - 03-19-2021

Great write up, Hoppy!

RE: Royal Year in Review - Ace - 03-19-2021

That's a lot of words. Cash money, dawg.

RE: Royal Year in Review - C9Van - 03-20-2021

No mention of Harry or Mehgan smh