International Simulation Football League
*Movers & Shakers: The Revival - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Movers & Shakers: The Revival (/showthread.php?tid=31069)

*Movers & Shakers: The Revival - SchwarzNarr - 03-25-2021

Movers & Shakers: The Revival

For those of you who weren’t around, about 10 seasons ago, a young bright-eyed rookie started a series called Movers and Shakers. As @IsaStarcrossed describes it:

Quote:We're going to have movers who have had breakout performances, movers who disappointed, and shakers who may change the landscape of the league if they remain consistent.

As the season continued, Isa commented on the variability within the sim from week to week, and instead morphed the segment into:

Quote:Game Changers and Disappointments. This is a segment where we dive into each game and point out a few players who did exceptional and a few that fell below the mark.

And eventually to “Top Performances” articles, which shortly died thereafter due to IRL constraints.

So… I decided to revive it, in some way shape or form (Hopefully, anyway). Whether this is weekly IRL, or weekly sim, I don’t know. Whether it is more Movers and Shakers style, or more Game Changers and Disappointments, I’m not sure, but I wanted to start the season by calling out who I feel will be some of the top performers for the season… So without further ado:

Movers & Shakers: Offseason Hopefuls
For this initial piece I am going to look at each team and talk about what I feel are the Movers Up, the Shakers and the Movers Down, both potentially as players individually and as team moves. Much like previous Mover and Shaker articles, this is purely looking at performance on the field, stats, and the sim itself. It doesn’t reflect on any users at all.

Let’s get started!

Arizona Outlaws:

Movers Up:

Tatsu Nakamura (RB - S22 - 1370 TPE) But Schwarz!! He’s one of the top running backs of last season!! Yeah I know, but here’s the thing, running backs are so much better this season. I spent countless hours last season trying to make my running backs good, and the change to the modifier has done more for that ever. While running backs are probably less boom and bust, I think the consistency will mean if you want to run more, you’re going to be able to run more. Nakamura has been one of the top running backs in the league for several seasons, and I see that trend continuing. It will be an interesting fight between him and Chan this season as two of the better running backs in the league. Not only did Nakamura have the most yards last season, he had the highest average yards per game, and was right in the mid-mix of receiving stats as a running back.

Shakers:

Arizona Offensive Line? Everyone made a big deal last season when Chicago was finally able to complete the five man human offensive line, but judging by the TPE tracker, Arizona has also been able to accomplish this same thing. While 4 of those lineman aren’t much better than Tier 3 bots, what they do allow for the Outlaws is 1. Cap space and 2. Positional experience. We saw how even bot offensive lineman needed a buff to positional experience - it seems to be one of the biggest factors in improving a player. Older players that have lower TPE are much more viable than their younger counterparts for this reason. The payoff of having an entirely human offensive line in being able to gain some higher level players in other important positions is going to hopefully fall under Shakers this season.

Movers Down:

Charlemagne Cortez (QB - S24 - 968 TPE) It might seem like an odd choice to stick the quarterback who is still earning, still active, and actually in a good spot here as a Movers Down, but, Cortez isn’t one of the best quarterbacks from his season. As most of the rest of the league continues to improve with their quarterbacks this season, Cortez stays near the end of the pack of QBs with the likes of Boss Jr, Skywalker, Daytona and Negs. I don’t think that Cortez will hinder his teams performance this season, but he will not be one of the better quarterbacks compared to the rest of the group.

Defensive Line - Arizona has two strong players for their defensive line, both Defensive Tackles in Pete Miller and Chuck Roth, what they don’t have, are defensive ends. Logan Noble Jr is regressing and has fallen below 500 TPE, coupled with an out of position player filling the additional slot, the front 3 need some additional support. Fortunately, they do have a strong group of linebackers supporting just behind them in Koniecpolski, Burfict, and Wilf, but over the next season or two Burfict is going to need some additional support as Wilf continues to regress and Koniecpolksi starts regression.

Austin Copperheads:

Movers Up:

Zoe Watts (RB - S24 - 1075 TPE) While Watts was still one of the top performing running backs for the Copperheads, she did underperform compared to the running backs overall, just reaching just over 900 yards, nearly 700 yards less than the leader Nakamura. Her average yards per carry was also low, sitting at 4.1. Taking her stats from last season and applying them much more broadly, we’re looking at 57 yards per game average, which will keep her in the middle of the pack. However, knowing the buffs not just to power backs as we move in to season 28, but overall within running backs (that modified adjustment made this season will make a significant difference, in my opinion), I see Austin being able to improve their run game further, especially as Daytona is still one of the lower TPE quarterbacks. Relying on Watts more this season will not only help Austin, but help her stats, as well. I’d be on the lookout for her this season.

Videl-San (WR - S23 - 1207 TPE) Videl-San had a great season in S27, considering that Daytona started the season closer to 600 TPE. With a quarterback that is more capable of completing successful passes, it wouldn’t surprise me to see the Copperheads continue throwing more, even with the running back buffs. At 1500 yards last season and 9 touchdowns, Videl-San had a great season already. With just an overall better chance at receiving, Videl-San should maintain his place within the WR list, if not moving up as Podolak and Barker have both regressed and will likely see performance dips this season.

Shakers:

Tyler Montain (LB - S23 - 1256 TPE) While it seems weird to put a former defensive lineman here in the shakers list, I feel like it’s an interesting move by Austin. By transitioning from Defensive Tackle to linebacker, Austin is able to bring up Candice D. Fitinyomouf. Montain replaces Holden Summers who had a low performing season. But we know the difference that a high TPE linebacker can make in the sim, and depending upon where Montain slots in, I can definitely see him gathering sacks like money or looking at breaking some tackle records throughout this season.

Frederich Vequain (TE - S22 - 757 TPE) Vequain was one of the top performing Tight Ends based on yards alone, and his average yards per game was still worthy of being a top five TE as well with almost 800 yards. He is currently middle of the pack in terms of earning amongst Tight Ends, but where it seems that Vequain shines is pancakes. He had the second highest number of pancakes in the league, just behind Boyd. Couple this with his receiving yards and I think that the impact that Vequain can continue to have on the field this season will be a surprise.

Movers Down:

This is probably the hardest section to write for each team - there may not be an obvious move down (such as regression hitting a player). I think the biggest moves that Austin had this season surrounded their defense, specifically the defensive tackle. They gained a replacement for MacGregor with Yeboah partway through the season, and shored up their other safety and CB slots with the move of Bowie to cornerback and the acquisition of MacAndrew as their second safety. So for Movers Down this season it’s going to the defensive tackle, purely for the shift from 1200 TPE to shy of 400 TPE.

Candice D. Fitinyomouf (DT - S27 - 319 TPE). For a player in two seasons, Fitinyomouf hasn’t earned phenomenally, but there is debate among the league about the amount of TPE required to be effective at the defensive tackle position (And let’s be real, casual earners have their place in the league!). While it’s a definite downgrade from what they had, Fitinyomouf himself won’t stay as a Mover Down for long, as he really has no place to go but up. Austin seems to be the test case this season for “How valuable is TPE to defensive tackles” as they have two of the lowest TPE DTs in the league.

Baltimore Hawks:

Movers Up:

...The entire roster. I wasn’t quite sure how to approach Baltimore. They are in a complete rebuild and have pretty much sold off the entire team minus the youngbloods. However, they are currently setting themselves up for the future, in a strong, strong way. I elaborate on this more below, because for Baltimore, Movers Up and Movers Down really sit together.

Shakers:

Ben Stackinpaper (CB - S22 - 827 TPE) I think Stackinpaper will be one of the stars for the Baltimore defense, as the highest TPE defensive player, he’ll be able to do some things as a cornerback. A lot will depend upon his placement on the field with strats, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him improve from the 36 tackles last season. The one place where Stackinpaper shined was forced fumbles, and I think he’ll be a leader on the Hawks defense this season, too.

Movers Down:

Okay, so I’m picking the entire team for this again. Baltimore is in a really strange place compared to the rest of the league. They’re completely rebuilding and this itself, is not actually a Mover Down move, but instead a positive. Utilizing their 6 first round picks over the S28 and S29 draft seasons, Baltimore is setting themselves up to be terrors in a few seasons, assuming they can keep the players together and happy with a few seasons of losses. They’re already working on this and you can see the camaraderie and loyalty that this core group in Baltimore has already, and it will surely dissipate through to the rest of the team. It’s a good move by them, and really is a part of any rebuild for a team choosing to grow together through drafts instead of through trades, but the unfortunate reality is that they’re going to have a few down seasons.

Berlin Fire Salamanders:

Movers Up:

Achtfünf (WR - S23 - 980 TPE) Swapping from Kicker to Wide Receiver, the now named Achtfünf had a pretty decent season in S27, ending with 1300 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns. With Kaepercolin having another season to earn and grow in strength, along with the core of the team, Achtfünf is in a great position this season. He’ll have grown enough to start to become a powerhouse for the Salamanders in his last two seasons before regression comes.

Shakers:

Ananda Adyan (OL - S25 - 653 TPE) I think that Adyan is at the start of some phenomenal seasons at OL. He’s just now hitting that stride where he will be significantly better than OL bots on other teams, and he’s able to comfortably match up with many of the defensive lineman around the league. He had 71 pancakes and allowed two sacks, but this should continue to increase (with those sacks allowed decreasing!) as Adyan keeps playing this season. As he looks to be stronger in the next season and beyond, I see great things in the future for Adyan.

Movers Down:

Half the team. Next season 10 of the Fire Salamanders are going to start regressing. While they’re going to hit their peak now, and most likely have great seasons among them, the Salamanders are going to be in overall in a rough patch in the next few seasons as they look to transition their players to the younger generation.

Chicago Butchers:

Movers Up:

HeHateMe PickSix II (CB - S27 - 475 TPE) One of the lowest TPE players I think I’ve included on the Movers Up section but PickSix II was able to put out a massive update as he was called up and get his speed instantly to 95 as a Corner. He’s going to be able to catch all but the fastest Wide Receivers and Running Backs and while he is currently the weakest of the back 5 for Chicago, you can already see the work he’s done so far. If he can continue to stay on par with his DSFL stats (23 pass deflections and 67 tackles) then he’s going to be an important player in this Chicago defense.

Shakers:

Alejandro Chainbreaker (LB - S24 - 784 TPE) Chainbreaker has been in the DSFL for quite awhile, with S27 finally being his rookie debut. Chainbreaker had an impressive 12 sacks in this first season, a tie with Quaid of Yellowknife (arguably one of the strongest Linebackers in the league), but with only 41 tackles, it was hard to see Chainbreaker on any awards ballots. If he continues the hard work he’s put in over the past few seasons, I could see Chainbreaker starting to hit that sweet spot for linebackers, and becoming one of the top players in the position.

Movers Down:

Baby Yoda (RB - S21 - 776 TPE) But Schwarz, throughout this article you mention the running back buff. Yes they were buffed, but Yoda has been hit by regression, and with Madison Hayes coming up one has to wonder if there will be a swap in RB1 for this season, or if there will be more split carries with Hayes if Chicago opts for the running back by committee option. Yoda had the third highest rushing yards stats last season (hopping over Lackson by 1 yard), but he had an incredible 14 rushing touchdowns. Depending upon how hard the reduced TPE impacts Yoda, coupled with possible changes in Chicago’s strats, and Yoda may dip in his production this season.

Colorado Yeti:

Admittedly, the Yeti section is the easiest for me to write. They’re players I know well enough, and the moves within the team are ones that I’ve, well, been in control with. That said, here we go:

Movers Up:

Immanuel Blackstone (DE - S21 - 1248 TPE) Okay, yeah, Blackstone regressed, but hear me out. He’s still an incredibly strong defensive end, and he’s been paired up with an incredibly strong group of defensive linemen. Hoping to increase his tackles for loss this season, Blackstone continues to chase the leaderboards there and as long as he can add more than 8 TFLs he had last season, he should be well on his way to this goal. This, coupled with the lowered blitz ratios, should mean that Blackstone has a better season than last, and if he continues to not show up in the statlines I’m going to cry and pour one out for the Honolulu Legend.

Richard Gilbert (RB - S22 - 1206 TPE) Wide receiver … I mean, power back Gilbert should see a small boost to his stats this season. With over 1000 rushing yards last season, Gilbert was also able to snag another 400 receiving yards too. While he wasn’t atrocious by any means (he was still one of the top 5 running backs, even without his pancake stats), there was a boost to running backs that we’ve discussed before, but also a boost to power backs specifically. This will allow the times that Gilbert is running the ball to be much more effective than the previous season.

Shakers:

Magnus Rikiya (DT - S22 - 1378 TPE) Many people knew and targeted Rikiya during free agency, and the Yeti were the lucky ones to grab him. Rikiya came out of S26 with 63 tackles, 3 Tackles for loss and 6 sacks. After the great season that Big Edd had previously as the sole defensive tackle, it is no surprise that you should expect similar, if not better, results from Rikiya in the coming season. Supported on two sides by strong defensive ends, and in the back by a monstrous linebacker corps, if Rikiya doesn’t perform well this season, it will be a surprise.

Xmus Flaxon Jaxon-Waxon (DE - S25 - 785 TPE) Another free agent snag for the Yeti, Jaxon-Waxon replaces the retired Arlington Heights. Not playing as a starter previously, Jaxon-Waxons stats are fairly low for a high leveled Defensive end. Looking to have the entire season as a starting player, coupled with the strong Yeti defense, Jaxon-Waxon should come out of this early part of the season exceeding his stats from S27.

Movers Down:

SparkySparky Boom-Man (SS - S27 - 503 TPE) Alright, Boom-man is not going to be necessarily worse than last season for himself, but for the position, he will be. He’s about 150 TPE behind where NationalSimulation FootballLeague started the season. So while the Yeti will see the SS position be reduced slightly, Boom-Man himself should be on par if not better than the previous season.

Honolulu Hahalua:

Movers Up:

Chika Fujiwara (QB - S21 - 1172 TPE) While Chika has regressed this season, she also has a season with a great set of receivers and running backs to hand the ball off too. Couple this with a stronger offensive line to support her in front than the past season, and I see her being able to have a great season as she continues her new adventure in Honolulu. Her stats last season weren’t awful, in fact she was near the top in terms of total yards, and yards per game. If Chika can offer a boost to the completion percentage this season, and a slight reduction in interceptions, then Chika is going looking to have a great season.

Shakers:

Big Edd (DT - S22 - 867 TPE) Big Edd is a massive win for the Honolulu Hahalua. Their defensive tackles have been lacking the past few seasons, and Edd will really allow them to shore up that defensive line and have strength to pair with Asher Montain. Edd had a monster season previously as a Yeti, 74 tackles, 8 sacks, 7 tackles for loss and 3 forced fumbles!, and while he has moved on, his skills have only continued to improve. As the reigning Defensive Tackle of the Year, Edd should continue to shine in Hawaii.

Movers Down:

Jed Podolak (WR - S19 - 652) Podolak has been a top wide receiver within the league for the past several seasons. Regression has caught up to him though and while he is still the best wide receiver that the Hahalua have, we’ve seen how it appears that more and more drops start to happen in this sim. He had almost 1600 yards last season, but will his lowered TPE lead him to having a worse season? Possibly. He’ll be another good experience to see how important that positional experience can be for our regressing players.

New Orleans Second Line:

Movers Up:

Running Backs - Mr. Forty-Two (S26 - 659 TPE) and Mike Rotchburns (S25 - 644 TPE). These two running backs are about on par but without Gump on the field, it makes it easy to see NOLA taking advantage of the Running back by committee option. This should allow both players to get yards fairly evenly, and see gains from the previous season, especially compared to some of the other teams in the league. While they may not yet be at the top of the league, they’re both on pace to provide NOLA some serious running talent over the next few seasons.

Shakers:

Ben Slothlisberger (QB - S22 - 1315 TPE) Slothlisberger had an absolutely monstrous Quarterback season in S27. It was something that was unexpected and moved him, with a jump from around 3800 yards to closer to 5000. As the reigning MVP, Slothilisberger had one of the highest quarterback ratings last season, the only QB to break 5000 yards and he was tied for the second lowest number of interceptions. With his receivers continuing to grow stronger, particularly Spencer, and a strong offensive lineman keeping him safe, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Slothlisberger have another incredible season.

Movers Down:

Austin McCormick (TE - S19 - 637 TPE) McCormick has been a strong player on NOLA for many seasons. In the past season, he was the second best receiving Tight End, sitting just behind Angler as Mccormick hit over 1000 yards. As the only Tight End they have, it definitely makes sense that he’ll have a good season as the primary target for TEs. Unfortunately, regression is the great beast which will get us all in the end, and the reduction in TPE means that McCormick will struggle to maintain pace with the other Tight Ends in the league.

New York Silverbacks:

Movers Up:

Captain Rogers (RB - S24 - 778 TPE) Rogers is the star running back for New York. With Owens retiring, and Bawlls sitting as a solid fullback, Rogers should be the lead on every run. New York won’t need to rely on running back by committee, and instead will look to hand off as many snaps to Rogers as possible. With almost 850 rushing yards last season, I can see Rogers breaking into the 1000+ crew easily alongside the likes of Gilbert, Williams, Jackson, Yoda, Chan and Nakamura. Without a doubt, the buffs to running backs, coupled with being the sole running back, Rogers should have quite a season. **I have since learned that Rogers is not the only RB on New York, but the TPE Tracker wasn't accurate to show the other player. I still think Rogers is a Mover Up, even if he is splitting snaps.

Shakers:

Brick Van Sanzo (DE - S25 - 692 TPE) Van Sanzo somehow didn’t win defensive breakout player of the year last season, despite a massive increase in stats due to the fact that… he didn’t actually accrue any in S26. As he continues to earn and be supported by a pretty strong defensive line, I think it’s possible that Van Sanzo has quite the season. He has worked hard to become comparable to most of the offensive linemen and bots that are around the league, and he’s definitely a player to look out for in the future.

Movers Down:

Bubba Thumper (DT - S17 - 418 TPE) Bubba has had an incredibly few seasons throughout his career, unfortunately, he is one of the latest victims of regression, and while he could choose to exist for one more season, Bubba has already shared his intent is to retire. Earning his 100th sack last season was a massive milestone for the former Yeti and New York Silverback, and I know he’s looking to hit at least 3 more sacks. With him only achieving 4 total sacks last season, it will be a tough fight ahead of him. However, as Bubba is coupled with the still strong McDavid, it’ll be interesting to see if he can continue to put up the stats that he both wants, and deserves.

Orange County Otters:

Movers Up:

Garfield Despacito Jr (WR - S22 - 1050 TPE) Despacito Jr didn’t have an awful season last season, but for his TPE he seemed far behind the leaders. Sitting at just under 1200 yards and 8 touchdowns, put Despacito Jr clearly in the top half of wide receivers. If he is able to pull off the WR 1 spot this season, he’ll be able to make a boost with the nearly capped Ramza throwing to him. While the Otters have quite a few players that Ramza can target, Despacito Jr should find growth placing him as one of the top wide receivers for the season.

Shakers:

Ace Savage (RB - S27 - 407) With the fixes to the running backs and the fact that running back by committee seems to be working again. I could see Savage creeping up and having a really decent season. He only averaged about 25 yards per game last season, and while that is well behind the leaders in the league, it puts Savage in a place where he can easily and quickly rise up the running back ranks. He’s not the greatest running back in the league, yet, but he can start to prove himself this season if his GMs are able to give him the chance.

Movers Down:

Bean Beanman (DE - S27 - 432 TPE) Beanman has had a few monster seasons while down in the DSFL. Pairing off with Scott, Tank, and Eagle on the defensive line, Beanman is the weakest link here, but he is also early in his career. With this being his first season called up into the ISFL, I am both excited to see what Beanman can do, but also wondering how much his previous success will translate against some tough offensive lines.

Philadelphia Liberty:

Movers Up:

Matt Cross (S - S22 - 1115 TPE) Cross had a mediocre season as a safety in S27 - with only 48 tackles and 10 pass deflections, he was also the surprise as one of the leaders in interceptions among safeties. As Cross moves into this future season, with the buff that has been applied to safeties across the board, it’s hopeful that he can take all of his strength and earnings over the past few seasons and really offer Philadelphia a great season before he starts the sad path of regression. I think it is completely possible for Cross to out-perform himself, and it should not be a surprise to anyone when he does, especially as the entire Philadelphia defense has grown stronger over these past few seasons.

Ryan Negs (QB - S26 - 625 TPE) Negs is the brand new QB strutting his stuff in the ISFL. Finally able to unbank and stretch his legs with the big boys, he should see some great gains throughout this season. While he might not be the best quarterback in the league yet, Negs is definitely looking to capitalize on the pass competition success that followed Phoenix. Compared to the previous season, Negs himself should see a bump in his stats, for sure. Sitting just shy of 2400 yards last season and a 55% pass completion, by being able to unbank and spend the rest of that TPE, I predict around 4000 yards for him in the coming season.

Shakers:

Alexander Franklin (OL - S25 - 573 TPE) Hordle seems like yet another of those Free Agents that everyone was looking to snag this offseason. Philadelphia’s GMs deserve a shout out and should pat themselves on the back for greeting the perfect environment he wanted to be a part of. In the previous season Franklin had 83 pancakes and allowed 2 sacks. Coupled with Tremblay and Elephant, Franklin shores up and supports the offensive line which Philadelphia is going to need as they bring up their rookie quarterback.

Movers Down:

The current quarterback is behind where Phoenix left off, not through anyone's fault, he's earning fantastically, but it happens when you have that quarterback swap season, it means that the Liberty should expect a down season compared to last season, despite the growth they’ve had in other areas. While Negs himself is a Movers Up, this move unfortunately is going to lead to a down season compared to last season.

San Jose SaberCats:

Movers Up:

Tychondrius Hood (WR - S23 - 1202 TPE) Hood is entering his prime season. Just a short way off being completely capped out, Hood has set himself up with Monty Jack to have a wonderful set of stats heading his way. Hitting 1500 yards in the previous season, Hood also had 11 touchdowns, which puts him right up there in the top of the pack for receivers. If SJS takes advantage of the throwing capabilities available to them this season, Hood should be able to move up past Barker and Podolak in the standings.

Shakers:

James Lewandowski (TE - S21 - 1006 TPE) Alright, so Lewandowski did regress this past season, but SJS made a move for him with the Baltimore rebuild and moved Jaja Ding Dong to Offensive Line. This means that while Lewandowski has fewer attributes than he did last season, he also has an incredibly strong quarterback with Monty Jack to support him this season. If Lewandowski doesn’t get above 565 yards (his total last season) I’ll be shocked.

Movers Down:

Rando Cardrissian (RB - S21 - 869 TPE) Lackson is one of the best running backs in the league right now and Cardrissian sits behind him. We have those boosts to running backs, but we also have to see that regression. He had a few decent games last season, but while Lackson was having over 1200 rushing yards, Cardrissian sat at just under 700 yards. I think even with this boost, being the RB2 in regression is going to continue to hurt Cardrissian’s stats in this season.

Sarasota Sailfish:

Movers Up:

Michael Witheblock (WR - S22 - 1379 TPE) Witheblock is not a bad receiver by any stretch of the imagination, but as Boss Jr. develops more and Witheblock himself gets stronger, he should, like many others, make the jump over Barker and Podolak this season. Sitting closer to 1400 yards last season and 11 touchdowns, Witheblock should hit closer to Lim and Barker levels last season, particularly if Sarasota takes advantage of this newfound connection between the strong QB and capped wide receiver.

Shakers:

Ernest Lover (LB - S26 - 713 TPE) In a surprising switch, Lover has moved back from the defensive line into a linebacker spot. She shores up the line as Haha Mango-Panda has retired. While Mango-Panda gets one last ride with Sarasota, this move lets the Sailfish have a season without interruption as Lover slots in. Depending upon where Lover lines up, expect some great things out of the S26 player.

Movers Down:

Offensive Line - Sarasota is actually only one player away from having an entirely human offensive line. However, none of those players on the offensive line have broken 500 TPE. While this lets them save in cap space and put that money toward other stronger players, it does oppose some risks to their offense and their ability to protect their QB.

Yellowknife Wraiths:

Movers Up:

Zee Rechs (TE - S22 - 1089 TPE) Rechs had a decent season among Tight Ends, nearly 750 receiving yards, 8 touchdowns, and a whopping 48 pancakes. As Colby Jack hits the height of his career, so too should Rechs see improvement this season. With Gelbman regressing and Teboat still being under the Wraiths TE in TPE, his receiving yards will probably move up, and hopefully his pancakes too.

Shakers:

Jameson Vermillion (RB - S25 - 598 TPE) With Skyline being IA, Vermillion is on pace to take his place if he keeps up the great work. In the past season he only sat around 500 rushing yards, and just shy of 500 receiving yards, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see a huge boost from him in the coming season. If he keeps earning, he’ll easily take his place on the field and Vermillion is the name to look out for from Yellowknife moving forward.

Movers Down:

The entire team? They’re in a situation similar to Berlin. With only two players currently in regression, but the bulk of the team is set to start that trend in the next season. Yellowknife has won two Ultimuses in the past few seasons, and while they aren’t quite out of their prime yet, if they don’t win another in the next season or two, they’re going to have to sit in their rebuild window as players retire and the call-ups begin to occur.

That wraps up for the offseason Movers & Shakers. Tune in after... Smile

RE: Movers & Shakers: The Revival - Ephenssta - 03-25-2021

YELLOW YETI

RE: Movers & Shakers: The Revival - Jimi64 - 03-25-2021

This is a really cool series! Awesome to bring it back.

Also I'm pretty sure you meant Hordle had 83 pancakes, right?

RE: Movers & Shakers: The Revival - SchwarzNarr - 03-25-2021

(03-25-2021, 01:40 PM)Jimi64 Wrote: This is a really cool series! Awesome to bring it back.

Also I'm pretty sure you meant Hordle had 83 pancakes, right?

Thanks! And Nice catch, fixed it!!

RE: Movers & Shakers: The Revival - snazzlepuss22 - 03-25-2021

Awesome write up! Thanks for the mention!

RE: Movers & Shakers: The Revival - Pat - 03-25-2021

This is a cool series! I hope you can find time to revive it every season.

Also, can we just put like my player in the movers down category for Philly? I don't want Negs to read this and have his confidence shaken. :-(

RE: Movers & Shakers: The Revival - SchwarzNarr - 03-25-2021

(03-25-2021, 02:48 PM)Punter715 Wrote: This is a cool series! I hope you can find time to revive it every season.

Also, can we just put like my player in the movers down category for Philly? I don't want Negs to read this and have his confidence shaken. :-(

I think Negs is going to have an amazing season and you're right, it probably wasn't fair to put him there specifically. I just think overall it's that first season swap with quarterbacks where as a team the position will be down from last season. We just experienced it in Colorado too that swap between Wolfie and Caliban.

Negs, I 1000% believe you're going to be hitting 4000 yards easy, and may you have the completion luck that seemed to bless Phoenix last season as well! (It was the highest in the league, GO PHILLY! at 70.3% next closest was 67.2%). I'll look at revising to remove the discussion around Negs and focus it more on the position itself as you're swapping from one to another, and shift Negs into the Movers Up.

RE: Movers & Shakers: The Revival - Pat - 03-25-2021

Haha Schwarz, I totally understand why you put him in there. I'm just having fun. Big Grin